The Student Room Group

Economics: Exeter or Surrey?

I have to decide between Exeter and Surrey for my insurance choice. Their rankings are quite similar. Any arguments on how to decide?
Look carefully at the course structure/modules - they will be different. Pick whichever university that has the most interesting course. Maybe also consider things like campus jobs, study abroad opportunities, accommodation availability and price etc. Unistats is a good way to compare courses too: https://unistats.direct.gov.uk
Reply 2
Exeter has the better campus, better facilities, and higher level of students(Exeter has 74% of their students with AAB+ or higher, compared to only 23% for Surrey)
Reply 3
Original post by Film
Exeter has the better campus, better facilities, and higher level of students(Exeter has 74% of their students with AAB+ or higher, compared to only 23% for Surrey)

Thank you! Still, Surrey is close to London and has the better student satisfaction scores ....
Reply 4
Original post by Snufkin
Look carefully at the course structure/modules - they will be different. Pick whichever university that has the most interesting course. Maybe also consider things like campus jobs, study abroad opportunities, accommodation availability and price etc. Unistats is a good way to compare courses too: https://unistats.direct.gov.uk

Thank you!
What is Economics at Exeter resp. Surrey famous for?
Exeter.
Reply 6
Original post by Wired_1800
Exeter.

because ...?
Original post by Maximov
because ...?

because...it is Exeter :biggrin:. Just kidding

I don't know much about the Economics course, but in terms of overall experience Exeter appears to have a better experience.
Reply 8
Original post by Wired_1800
because...it is Exeter :biggrin:. Just kidding

I don't know much about the Economics course, but in terms of overall experience Exeter appears to have a better experience.

Thank you!
What experience is Surrey said to be?
Original post by Maximov
Thank you!
What experience is Surrey said to be?

I dont really know. Sorry.
Reply 10
I believe Exeter is a russell group and Surrey isn't.. therefore if it were me, I'd be firming Exeter.

Edited, sorry by firming I mean firming as your insurance.

Quick Reply