The Student Room Group

Islamists celebrate murder of Ahmadi Muslim Brit who wished Christians Happy Easter

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dodgypirate
You know a religion is flawed when members of said religion kill eachother and decide who is faithful and who is not.

Tarnishing an entire religion because of the actions and words of a few ... Welcome to Planet Earth!
Original post by JakeyJakeJake
Tarnishing an entire religion because of the actions and words of a few ... Welcome to Planet Earth!

Islam is tarnished mainly by the words of the Koran, and the intent, words and actions of Mohammed.

Islam is tarnishing itself. Welcome to reality.
Original post by Good bloke
Islam is tarnished mainly by the words of the Koran, and the intent, words and actions of Mohammed.

Sorry, forgot to mention that ignorance is bliss
A little bit of research about world religions and cultures is beckoning some on this thread...
Original post by Dodgypirate
Islam is tarnishing itself. Welcome to reality.

Just because the followers fail to do it justice, does not mean we should judge any religion unfairly.
Sorry, forgot to mention that ignorance is bliss
A little bit of research about world religions and cultures is beckoning some on this thread...

Have to agree those who know little about Islam tend to support it

Those who learn about it tend to be horrified
Riddle me this, Good Muslims: Doesn't the Quaran endorse the killing of anyone who when confronted with the Caliphate does not willingly convert to the Muslim faith?

Here are some direct quotes from the book of your faith:

"Those who disbelieve follow falsehood, while those who believe follow the truth from their Lord... So, when you meet (in fight Jihad in Allah's Cause), those who disbelieve smite at their necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly (on them, i.e. take them as captives)... If it had been Allah's Will, He Himself could certainly have punished them (without you). But (He lets you fight), in order to test you, some with others. But those who are killed in the Way of Allah, He will never let their deeds be lost."

"If the hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is a disease, and the alarmists in the city do not cease, We verily shall urge thee on against them, then they will be your neighbors in it but a little while. Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

Call me crazy, but Islam seems to me like a savage religion that promotes violence against anyone who believes differently.

Just sayin'.
Original post by kimi1kimi2kimi3
Riddle me this, Good Muslims: Doesn't the Quaran endorse the killing of anyone who when confronted with the Caliphate does not willingly convert to the Muslim faith?

Here are some direct quotes from the book of your faith:

"Those who disbelieve follow falsehood, while those who believe follow the truth from their Lord... So, when you meet (in fight Jihad in Allah's Cause), those who disbelieve smite at their necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly (on them, i.e. take them as captives)... If it had been Allah's Will, He Himself could certainly have punished them (without you). But (He lets you fight), in order to test you, some with others. But those who are killed in the Way of Allah, He will never let their deeds be lost."

"If the hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is a disease, and the alarmists in the city do not cease, We verily shall urge thee on against them, then they will be your neighbors in it but a little while. Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

Call me crazy, but Islam seems to me like a savage religion that promotes violence against anyone who believes differently.

Just sayin'.

Without even opening the book, look into the meaning of the name of the religion: ISLAM - comes from the root letters s-l-m meaning peace.
(edited 8 years ago)
Without even opening the book, look into the meaning of the name of the religion: ISLAM - comes from the root letters s-l-m meaning peace.

there are also other words with the same root

English speakers wrongly assume that if two Arabic words share the same root word then their meanings are related when in reality the fact that some words share the same root word does not imply a relationship between the meanings of the words.

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/The_Meaning_of_Islam

Islam اسلام Submission Salam سلام Well-being/Peace (Derivation of) Salama سلما The stinging of a snake or the tanning of the leather Saleema سليما To be saved or to escape from danger (when refering to a female) Saleem سليم To be saved or to escape from danger (when refering to a male) Aslam اسلم To submit Istaslama استسلاما To surrender Musal مسل Undisputed Tasleem تسليم To receive a salutation or becoming submitted
Reply 189

You making me laugh. So does the bible? Open your eyes you silly person. Stop giving us Muslims a bad name because you pick quotes here and there.
Original post by BaconandSauce
there are also other words with the same root

English speakers wrongly assume that if two Arabic words share the same root word then their meanings are related when in reality the fact that some words share the same root word does not imply a relationship between the meanings of the words.

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/The_Meaning_of_Islam

Islam اسلام Submission Salam سلام Well-being/Peace (Derivation of) Salama سلما The stinging of a snake or the tanning of the leather Saleema سليما To be saved or to escape from danger (when refering to a female) Saleem سليم To be saved or to escape from danger (when refering to a male) Aslam اسلم To submit Istaslama استسلاما To surrender Musal مسل Undisputed Tasleem تسليم To receive a salutation or becoming submitted

Then in your own example you have quoted the Islamic greeting: Salaam which means peace. Also please spare me the wikipedia pages. A Bachelor of Arts in the language is a good base for me.
A Bachelor of Arts in the language is a good base for me.

You should ask your almer mata for your money back if have studied Arabic at degree level and you think Islam means anything other than submission.
Reply 192
Original post by pol pot noodles
What sect was the shop keeper?

What a stupid question. It doesn't matter what sect it was. It was a human. Just like you and me. Did I forget to mention he has the same blood colour as us? Lol
You should ask your almer mata for your money back if have studied Arabic at degree level and you think Islam means anything other than submission.

A pathetically oversimplified, xenophobic view of a religion. Negligent of all the culture that religions brought to the world from 500-1900 AD
Original post by HemmingsHood
I'm Muslim & I don't understand the thought processes of people like that. They believe in God but they spread hatred and celebrate the death of a good people.
It seems as though they hate and wish death upon anyone who doesn't follow/believe in the same ****ed up ideology as them.

How do you know he was good? Maybe God is burning him now? Why do people presume that those who have suffered are inherently good people? So many claim to know the mind of God, it's sad.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Frank Underwood
A pathetically oversimplified, xenophobic view of a religion. Negligent of all the culture that religions brought to the world from 500-1900 AD

Can you explain to me what a friendly discussion of the meaning of the religion's name has to do with this nasty diatribe?

Thank you so much for your 2 pence worth of advice. Unsurprisingly, I won't heed it!
Thank you so much for your 2 pence worth of advice. Unsurprisingly, I won't heed it!

That's your call.
That's your call.

Oh, I really appreciate it :smile:
Can you explain to me what a friendly discussion of the meaning of the religion's name has to do with this nasty diatribe?

Did you forget the bit where you said Islam is nothing but submission?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending