The Student Room Group

GCSE Geography

On my Geography Controlled Assessment I received a B+ (approximately 2 marks off an A)
What marks do I need in the exams (in 2015 both Higher Tier exams were out of 84 and 75 ) to get an A* overall?
Thanks.
Original post by DellRyan
On my Geography Controlled Assessment I received a B+ (approximately 2 marks off an A)
What marks do I need in the exams (in 2015 both Higher Tier exams were out of 84 and 75 ) to get an A* overall?
Thanks.

It's depends on the exam board. What exam board are you on?
Reply 2
Original post by BethHudson
It's depends on the exam board. What exam board are you on?

AQA
AQA

That's the same exam board as me! Do you know an approximate mark for your coursework, then I can tell you roughly how many marks you need. Two marks off an A is 45/60, does that sound right to you?
Reply 4
That's the same exam board as me! Do you know an approximate mark for your coursework, then I can tell you roughly how many marks you need. Two marks off an A is 45/60, does that sound right to you?

Ah thats good! I think it was around 45/60, yeah it does haha
From my calculations you would need about 160 UMS per paper - which isn't possible as the maximum is 150 for each. Sorry :frown:
Ah thats good! I think it was around 45/60, yeah it does haha

I'll have a quick look at grade boundaries etc and get back to you :smile:
Reply 7
I'll have a quick look at grade boundaries etc and get back to you :smile:

Thankyou :smile:
I've had a look at the grade boundaries and over the two papers and coursework you have to have a total of 164 marks (this is the minimum mark for an A*), so if you have the 45/60 on your coursework that leaves 119 marks to be obtained on your two exams. Hope that helps you :smile: Don't hesitate to message me if you need anymore help.
Reply 9
Original post by NiamhM1801
From my calculations you would need about 160 UMS per paper - which isn't possible as the maximum is 150 for each. Sorry :frown:

What so you would have to get like an A* on the courework..?
Reply 10
I've had a look at the grade boundaries and over the two papers and coursework you have to have a total of 164 marks (this is the minimum mark for an A*), so if you have the 45/60 on your coursework that leaves 119 marks to be obtained on your two exams. Hope that helps you :smile: Don't hesitate to message me if you need anymore help.

Thankyou so much!! not extremely hard to obtain then.
Ok will do thank you for your help :smile:
What so you would have to get like an A* on the courework..?

Nope, I added wrong :redface:
About 97 UMS for each :smile:

Sorry about that
--
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by NiamhM1801
Nope, I added wrong :redface:
About 97 UMS for each :smile:

Sorry about that

No worries, thank you

Quick Reply