The Student Room Group

OCR MEI S1 Standard Deviation

Hey,

Does the standard Deviation equation given in the formula book ? because I could not find it !

Thanx
Original post by yoomi
Hey,

Does the standard Deviation equation given in the formula book ? because I could not find it !

Thanx

You're right: it is not included, and thus you have to memorise it (or use your calculator's standard deviation function if it has one).
Reply 2
Original post by HapaxOromenon2
You're right: it is not included, and thus you have to memorise it (or use your calculator's standard deviation function if it has one).

Ok thank u so much
Reply 3
how do you use the standard deviation function on a calculator @HapaxOromenon2 , i have the casio fx991es plus
Original post by kevvvvvv
how do you use the standard deviation function on a calculator @HapaxOromenon2 , i have the casio fx991es plus

See
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M3dBRQtNH8
make sure you give sx if they ask for standard deviation or sample standard deviation. if they ask for root mean square deviation ( rmsd ) then give σx instead.
Original post by the bear
make sure you give sx if they ask for standard deviation or sample standard deviation. if they ask for root mean square deviation ( rmsd ) then give σx instead.

why? what's the difference?
Original post by begbie68
why? what's the difference?

nowadays they accept either :emo:

Quick Reply

Latest