The Student Room Group

How often do you wash your hair?

Scroll to see replies

Once every few years...
Reply 21
I wash it once a week after I go swimming, my hair goes a orangy colour if I wash it too much, it's also waaay less effort
Original post by loveleest
I have curly hair so I like to wash it with conditioner rather than shampoo. I claify my hair with baking soda instead because it cleans my hair without stripping my natural oils.

Tfw wash day for black hair is a 5 hour long battle of pre pooing, sulphate free shampooing, deep conditioning for an hour, putting in leave ins + oils, leaving to air dry and finally two more hours trying to figure out a cute protective/low maintenance style for the week :lol:
Original post by StrawbAri
Tfw wash day for black hair is a 5 hour long battle of pre pooing, sulphate free shampooing, deep conditioning for an hour, putting in leave ins + oils, leaving to air dry and finally two more hours trying to figure out a cute protective/low maintenance style for the week :lol:

black hair as in the colour or like Afro hair? (Afro being an adjective)
Daily ofc. Think of all the dirt, grease, oil and sweats thats in your hair when you go to bed at night if you don't wash it daily.
Original post by Longshot700
Once every third month.

Woah! A little excessive don't you think??

Yeah i know it's so much effort. I used to do the max hydration method so it made my life so much easier but now I am back to long detangling sessions and long deep conditioning sessions lol. But I love my hair regardless :biggrin:
Original post by Dinasaurus
black hair as in the colour or like Afro hair? (Afro being an adjective)

Afro hair. Well hair that grows on people of African descent to be specific. My hair isn't a literal Afro.
Every day but I'm obsessed with lush so it's because I want to lol
Afro hair. Well hair that grows on people of African descent to be specific. My hair isn't a literal Afro.

Yeah I meant as in the adjective as Afro-X is used to denote something relating to Africa.
Original post by Blondie987
Every day but I'm obsessed with lush so it's because I want to lol

I use Lush products as well :biggrin: I use Daddy-O Shampoo (I used to use the dry shampoo) and a solid conditioner bar, it's very nice.

But everyday!! Wow, you must spend a lot on shampoo and conditioner.
Yeah i know it's so much effort. I used to do the max hydration method so it made my life so much easier but now I am back to long detangling sessions and long deep conditioning sessions lol. But I love my hair regardless :biggrin:

Hair care has actually become one of my favourite hobbies :biggrin:
But I keep having setbacks :frown: so I'm switching from relaxing to texlaxing haha. Can't go natural for reasons I explained in that PM :redface:
Original post by Dinasaurus
I use Lush products as well :biggrin: I use Daddy-O Shampoo (I used to use the dry shampoo) and a solid conditioner bar, it's very nice.

But everyday!! Wow, you must spend a lot on shampoo and conditioner.

The shampoo bars are the best! You're right though, I definitely need to stop buying so much lo
Reply 33
Original post by shuu00
I wash my hair every other day as it gets greasy pretty quick, tbh I'd like to leave it longer but just nope :tongue:

Same. It's annoying. I leave it any longer than that and it looks and feels awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Every 1-2 days. very fast.
Original post by Madeline_H95
Daily ofc. Think of all the dirt, grease, oil and sweats thats in your hair when you go to bed at night if you don't wash it daily.

Are you serious? Washing your hair everyday isn't really recommended, its usually by washing it so much that you will strip the oil in your hair and this will cause more oil to be secreted to release it. Natural oils are good for hair.
Hair care has actually become one of my favourite hobbies :biggrin:
But I keep having setbacks :frown: so I'm switching from relaxing to texlaxing haha. Can't go natural for reasons I explained in that PM :redface:

I know right, I love taking care of my hair :smile: I used to be relaxed but then I transitioned to natural 2/3 years ago.
I didnt get any pm?
Every day, and I didn't think that was unusual until I read this thread.
I know right, I love taking care of my hair :smile: I used to be relaxed but then I transitioned to natural 2/3 years ago.
I didnt get any pm?

Wow. :smile: that's great. Do you have any length goals?

:eek: oh could've sworn I sent it.
Well anyway, I was basically just explaining that because of my skin apparently really curly hair wouldn't suit me at all (and pretty much all other black people hairstyles :lol: believe me I've tried and I was criticised every time) So I'm kind of in a difficult place with what to do with my hair in terms of straightening/processing.
Every one or two days, although my hair is long enough to sit on so I have to deep-condition the ends at least once or twice a week.. if only it was short, I'd have so much more time in the mornings :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest