The Student Room Group

Taller girlfriend?

So we've been talking for a week now and everything has been going perfect, we have the same interests and everything but we have never met. We made plans too meet up soon ( she invited me to hers) but we have now found out that she is 5'8 and I'm 5'6 or 5'7. I don't have a problem with it and she Says she doesn't either.. Shall we go ahead with the plans to meet?

Scroll to see replies

Yes?
Yes, of course! The height things shouldn't matter at all, although if you're meeting up for the first time I'd strongly advise you to being someone with you and meet in public, good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 3
You say you don't have a problem with it, yet you're asking whether it should affect your decision to meet up with her?

I'm very confused.
Yes but you've never met her but you're going to her place not a good idea.
You're only allowed to meet up if you're taller.

Tell her to wear flats, and then you can wear 3 inch heels to compensate.

Hope the date goes well.
Original post by stroppyninja

Hope the date goes well.

Or what? :s-smilie:
Original post by Blondie987
Or what? :s-smilie:

Well, if he doesn't wear high heels he will be ever so slightly shorter, and then everyone will laugh at him.

/s
Well, if he doesn't wear high heels he will be ever so slightly shorter, and then everyone will laugh at him.

/s

No one will laugh at him!
Original post by Blondie987
No one will laugh at him!

Are you being deliberately dense?

He posted a stupid question of "should I cancel date because I'm 2 inches shorter", so I wrote a joking sarcastic response that he needs to wear high heels (cross-dressing) to correct height difference.

Pretty sure someone would laugh at him if he turned up to his first date wearing womens shoes.

He posted a stupid question of "should I cancel date because I'm 2 inches shorter", so I wrote a joking sarcastic response that he needs to wear high heels (cross-dressing) to correct height difference.

Pretty sure someone would laugh at him if he turned up to his first date wearing womens shoes.

Yeah, I was trying to play along but you've hurt my feelings, I'm going to my safe space now D:
Original post by Indieboohoo1
Yes but you've never met her but you're going to her place not a good idea.

Why?

Hope the date goes well.

:toofunny: :toofunny:
I was nervous when I went on a date with a girl who said she was 5'10 on Tinder because I thought she would be taller than me but it turns out I'm actually 5'11. Maybe the same thing will happen to you.
I had a crush on a girl who was taller than me. It didnt bother me. I liked her and we got on well. Height wasnt an issue.
Defo go ahead with it. Going to her house the first time you meet sounds a little sketchy tbh. I would meet in a public place first to make sure you actually like her.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm an inch taller than my boyfriend, it doesn't bother me.
My ex was 2-3" taller than me, it was awkward for the first 5 minutes then it didn't matter. If Peter Dinklage can do it, so can you!
Go for it, nothing wrong with having a taller gf :smile:

Fun fact- in the 1600s men wore high heels. Women only started wearing them to be more masculine.
I'm confused.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending