The Student Room Group

What are your revision schedules/timetables?

How often do you revise? When do you take breaks? Is it focused around doing past papers or just watching videos? I'm just a bit curious as to how other are getting on with their revision? Also when did you start revising?
I started revising around a month ago. I do around 4 hours a day for five days during the week :smile:
First I wrote out notes to confirm what I knew of the subject, and now I just do practice papers.
Usually I work in 20 minute blocks and then take five minutes to get a drink or go through messages or something like that.

Our school recommended 6 and a half hours a day in the letter they sent out, but then my teachers were like 'lol don't do that' so now I'm sticking to what I have now.

Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
I started revising about two weeks into February, doing mainly light revision to wean me in. I don't necessarily have a time table, instead I like to write down my tasks for the day before I start and tick them off because it's less about quantity and more about quality. I found the more I was time tabling the more I was spending half of that time just staring into space, but I tend to do about 3-5 hours and on a good day can do 6-7, but I have regular breaks if I think I need to, usually every 40 minutes.
Also as far as technique is concerned, I do notes from a revision guide as a starting point to make sure all my notes are in one place, then I make mindmaps from them to condense them. Lastly I condense these notes further into quecards and will eventually do practise papers once the subject or group of modules. Then I know my weaknesses! Good luck x
Reply 3
Original post by AmeliaBaldwin
I started revising around a month ago. I do around 4 hours a day for five days during the week :smile:
First I wrote out notes to confirm what I knew of the subject, and now I just do practice papers.
Usually I work in 20 minute blocks and then take five minutes to get a drink or go through messages or something like that.

Our school recommended 6 and a half hours a day in the letter they sent out, but then my teachers were like 'lol don't do that' so now I'm sticking to what I have now.

Good luck!

I'm doing basically from the end of school until I go to bed, I do take breaks here and then but I'll do a paper, see how I did then revise it and do another paper of the same unit/topic. 6 and a half hours a day? Normal school days? Even I don't do that, I think they've got something wrong there xD Good luck toooooooo!
Reply 4
Original post by rosie.mn
I started revising about two weeks into February, doing mainly light revision to wean me in. I don't necessarily have a time table, instead I like to write down my tasks for the day before I start and tick them off because it's less about quantity and more about quality. I found the more I was time tabling the more I was spending half of that time just staring into space, but I tend to do about 3-5 hours and on a good day can do 6-7, but I have regular breaks if I think I need to, usually every 40 minutes.
Also as far as technique is concerned, I do notes from a revision guide as a starting point to make sure all my notes are in one place, then I make mindmaps from them to condense them. Lastly I condense these notes further into quecards and will eventually do practise papers once the subject or group of modules. Then I know my weaknesses! Good luck x

I panicked for a while because my old physics teacher said that we should start revising (just little bits everyday) about a year before our exams (I started revising about Feb time too). But I do past papers, see where I lost marks, revise that then do another paper on the same topic. For history and English I don't do past papers because they take too long and they're hell to mark ;-; . Anyway good luck too!
Reply 5
Original post by AxSirlotl
How often do you revise? When do you take breaks? Is it focused around doing past papers or just watching videos? I'm just a bit curious as to how other are getting on with their revision? Also when did you start revising?

Mostly in the evening for an hour or two with regular breaks in between. I use a combination of watching videos and using my revision guide which I have found personally helps me. My revision started since the beginning of November for the mocks, but recently my revision should have started since the beginning of the Easter holiday but I was really ill for the first few days so it was delayed.

However, so far revision is good and if you're doing any how is yours?
(edited 8 years ago)
I only started my revision recently like a couple of days ago. Just looking at online notes and have the text book in front of me where im condensing these notes down, I've done this for all my exams that i'm resitting.

Now that all my condensed notes are ready, ill begin to recap them spending at least 2 days recapping the whole unit for each exam so probably working around 3 hours in the morning then an hours break, do another 2 hours then lunch, another hour or so, might just take a nap LOL then wake up and do about 2 more hours. so thats roughly around 8 hours- this is on weekends/school holidays.

On school days i'd do around 2/3 hours and off to bed early around 10pm. - I really do need to start staying up, I havent even started to write my notes out for my A2 content as im trying to focus on my resits first ( 5 exams -_-, but 10 exams in total :/ ).
A level subjects: biology, chem and english lit x

Quick Reply

Latest