The Student Room Group

Would you say happy birthday to your friends who dont say it to you?

Hey everyone. Every year i remember my friends birthdays but none of them seem to remember mine. Im now deciding whether to just stop saying it because i feel they dont make an effort with me. Im not on fb so thats probably why they don't remember but would you guys just stop bothering? I make an effort to remember their birthdays without fb so its kinda disheartening that they dont do the same. Im not asking for a lot and yhis has happened for the last 5/6 years. Has anyone else experienced this?

Scroll to see replies

What friends?
Nope, Idgaf. I don't rate birthdays as very important BUT if I can remember someones birthday with or without Facebook and say "Happy Birthday", they should be able to do the same.

I have "friends" who didn't say happy birthday to me last year, I didn't bother saying it to them this year. Especially this one girl at my 6th form who I actually put effort into writing a lovely message last year, and then when my birthday rolled around even with Facebook's reminder, I received nothing from her. That was rude. :colonhash:

It's hardly difficult is it? it's 13 letters.

It is disheartening, I do know the feeling.
Reply 3
my birthday's in the middle of summer so no one ever remembers :lol:
Yeah, but I have no friends. So no.
(edited 7 years ago)
I can't really remember exact dates so no...no one wishes me a happy birthday anyway so.................................
Being truly phased by something this silly is just useless.
I'm pretty much the same except most don't forget, they just don't bother. My birthday's in the Christmas holiday every year so I guess it's "easier" for them. I still say Happy Birthday to everyone else and I remember most people's birthday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah i would
unless they consistently don't say it
I can't complain. I forget most peoples' birthdays :redface: :lol:
Thank the lord Jesus for Facebook.
No i would not lol.
Yeah I used to but no one remembered my 21st birthday and I stopped remembering theres.
I do because I don't really tell many people mine :tongue:
Yes, I always do
Reply 15
You cant just expect them to remeber the date. Remind them a couple of days before and then if they forget, be upset. Say happy birthday to them, it shows them you remeber them and thats the sort of person you are but if you think that it defines your friendship then talk to them and explain how you feel. Your real friends should never make you feel so disheartened......
Original post by Anonymous
Hey everyone. Every year i remember my friends birthdays but none of them seem to remember mine. Im now deciding whether to just stop saying it because i feel they dont make an effort with me. Im not on fb so thats probably why they don't remember but would you guys just stop bothering? I make an effort to remember their birthdays without fb so its kinda disheartening that they dont do the same. Im not asking for a lot and yhis has happened for the last 5/6 years. Has anyone else experienced this?

no.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I make an effort to greet my friends a HBD! At exactly midnight 00 00

I am that dedicated. It shows that i care about them.

But sadly for me, no one does the same. They go to the extent of even forgetting. It hurts.

Since then i don't even bother anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't really got any friends (I cut contact with the ones I did have because they weren't worth being friends with). They never remembered my birthday because it was in the summer holidays, so they never said happy birthday to me. They never invited me to their parties/celebrations anyway either, so I doubt they really cared about the fact I never said it to them. It's not a big deal to me though, I don't really celebrate my birthday as it is :smile:
Your problem is quite shallow. Is remembering birthday a basis for true friendship? I don't think it is.

Quick Reply