The Student Room Group

Easiest A-Level subjects ?

So quick backstory if you want. Im currently a first year at sixth form, doing Maths, English and English literature. I began with hopes of going to uni and getting mad good grades... but this soon changed, so much so that I had planned to quit sixth form by the end of this year and take an apprenticeship, as I was doing terrible and hated it.
However, my dad just got offered a job in Dubai and we are gonna take it, meaning we move there next year, and we think it is a good idea if I retake and restart my A levels.
And so, I wanna know what are the easiest subjects that require little revision and study or are just basic intuition. Something non-stressful, something so that I can have fun every weekend and not care about a test on Monday.
Thankz
Original post by massiveretard
So quick backstory if you want. Im currently a first year at sixth form, doing Maths, English and English literature. I began with hopes of going to uni and getting mad good grades... but this soon changed, so much so that I had planned to quit sixth form by the end of this year and take an apprenticeship, as I was doing terrible and hated it.
However, my dad just got offered a job in Dubai and we are gonna take it, meaning we move there next year, and we think it is a good idea if I retake and restart my A levels.
And so, I wanna know what are the easiest subjects that require little revision and study or are just basic intuition. Something non-stressful, something so that I can have fun every weekend and not care about a test on Monday.
Thankz

not the best attitude to work but
general studies is possibly one?
Reply 2
further maths chemistry and physics
Original post by Synonym

they're the most difficult >.>

uh i mean they're the easiest..
Original post by Synonym

Gonna look into these, I have been told the same before. Apparently Science's are really easy and thats why loads of people do them, same with maths. Further maths must be easy though since it is the exact same, just further.
I do bio, geography and German and can say geography is pretty easy. It's logical- so when faced with a question like "Why do some countries suffer from flooding more than others?" As long as you mention vulnerability, it's easy marks in the bag. I've been getting Bs this year with no revision at all and now doing all the past papers and regaining knowledge. I got an A* at GCSEand knew the text books inside out, so that helped quite a lot tbh.

If you have a knack for a language, do it. I find German pretty easy.

You're lucky to have a fresh start! I'm on UBC atm and somehow aiming for AAC overall :frown:
Reply 6
Gonna look into these, I have been told the same before. Apparently Science's are really easy and thats why loads of people do them, same with maths. Further maths must be easy though since it is the exact same, just further.

trust me... (ps im an AS student failing chem) xD

on a real note, id say subjects like sociology, RE and psychology are pretty easy if your the writing type

look into business studies and check out economics ?
Original post by ImagineCats
I do bio, geography and German and can say geography is pretty easy. It's logical- so when faced with a question like "Why do some countries suffer from flooding more than others?" As long as you mention vulnerability, it's easy marks in the bag. I've been getting Bs this year with no revision at all and now doing all the past papers and regaining knowledge. I got an A* at GCSEand knew the text books inside out, so that helped quite a lot tbh.

If you have a knack for a language, do it. I find German pretty easy.

You're lucky to have a fresh start! I'm on UBC atm and somehow aiming for AAC overall :frown:

I didn't take Geography at GCSE and always wished I did since I saw my friends doing really well with little revision too. If possible, I will look into this. However my current sixth form required at least a C in it, which obviously I didn't have with not taking it at GCSE. Still though, since I am retaking my new sixth form may gimme a chance.
Good luck at AAC bro!!! And sadly no I don't have a knack for languages... I scraped a C at Spanish GCSE and that was with cheating on my written exam by swapping the text half way through with one I wrote at home with google translate. LMAO
Reply 8
Pick subjects that are challenging, but do it via distance learning. If you're a fast independent learner, you'll still have free time.

Doing piss-easy subjects is totally pointless, you may as well not do A levels at all if you're going to do that. It's good to have something to fall back on (speaking as someone who's now doing an Access course several years on). I left 6th form after a term, but I still did chemistry, maths, economics and business (last one was my piss-easy choice). Much more enjoyable than doing dull essays that aren't teaching you anything new.

General studies is pointless, even the bottom ranked unis mostly don't count it.

LOL at sciences & maths being the easy choices.
Just find out where your aptitudes. Things you enjoy, find easy to understand, thend to be more straightforward.

as far as i know you go double speed i.e. where ppl doing just maths do c1 and c1 and m1/s1 you guys doing further do c1+2+3+4 and m1+2or s1+s2? the you do futher stuff, i may have missed something maybe fp1 in first year aswell? physics and chem aren't easy by any means
Additional further maths
I do sociology and even though the content is really easy the exam questions at A2 are quite difficult. However I have also done biology and sociology a2 is a walk in the park compared to As bio.

Quick Reply

Latest