The Student Room Group

What makes non muslim men approach girls wearing the headscarf?

There is a white guy who wants to hang out with me, he is a lovely man. He asked for my contact details when I left work and started messaging me. I think he likes me and wants to be more than friends, he said he thinks I'm really beautiful and seems so eager to spend time with me. Now I'm abit hesitant because I'm a practicing Muslim who wears a headscarf and I know if something was to happen it won't last. Family plays a big role when it comes to relationships and me and this guy have had different upbringings and different beliefs. I've told him I'm really busy, because I actually am but do you also think that I should let him know that I don't really go out of my way to mingle with guys because of my faith?

I haven't had a good experience with white guys in general, there was this one guy before who openly said he wanted to get into my knickers when I asked about his intentions. Also, the fact that I am the only girl at work who wears a headscarf, it baffles me that I get approached by non Muslim men when there are plenty of other good looking girls around.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
There is a white guy who wants to hang out with me, he is a lovely man. He asked for my contact details when I left work and started messaging me. I think he likes me and wants to be more than friends, he said he thinks I'm really beautiful and seems so eager to spend time with me. Now I'm abit hesitant because I'm a practicing Muslim who wears a headscarf and I know if something was to happen it won't last. Family plays a big role when it comes to relationships and me and this guy have had different upbringings and different beliefs. I've told him I'm really busy, because I actually am but do you also think that I should let him know that I don't really go out of my way to mingle with guys because of my faith?

I haven't had a good experience with white guys in general, there was this one guy before who openly said he wanted to get into my knickers when I asked about his intentions. Also, the fact that I am the only girl at work who wears a headscarf, it baffles me that I get approached by non Muslim men when there are plenty of other good looking girls around.

headscarf is not a BIG thing :u:
its now counted as fashion rather than religious perspective
He better hope you don't have any brothers or other male relatives. :unsure:
Paint him, so you can have a better relationship. Shaytan *cough* *cough*.
Forbidden fruit and all that
Don't trust these white guys, they just want the satisfaction of having sex with someone who isn't "easy"
Reply 6
Because you're human beings too
He seems like he wants to get to know you better, so there is no harm in telling the truth as it is. He probably knows your limits already, it's pretty obvious, so instead of ignoring the elephant in the room just say it straight but in a non-confronting way.
He might have a crush on you, a piece of clothing doesn't mean anything.

Try to talk to him about your beliefs and why they're important to you and see how he reacts :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Tylosaurus
He better hope you don't have any brothers or other male relatives. :unsure:

It's not as bad as the media makes it out to be! My family are civilised lol
why are you calling him white? you began with religion and now you're talking about race...?
Reply 11
I was thinking that, He might be white, but that doesn't mean he couldn't possibly be muslim.
Original post by Kashmir Skirt
He might have a crush on you, a piece of clothing doesn't mean anything.

Try to talk to him about your beliefs and why they're important to you and see how he reacts :smile:

Yeah could be. I thought with the way we're portrayed in the media, they would be repelled at first sight lol.

I will take your advice, I can make my way of Dawah through this 😂
Reply 13
Original post by AlmightyJesus
why are you calling him white? you began with religion and now you're talking about race...?

I noticed that too.
Just one piece of advice. If you're a Muslim girls who wants to not have sex until marraige, only date a guy as religious as you with the same mindset.

Guys, be it non-Muslim or laid Muslim, WILL eventually make you do something sexual, no matter what they promise, they don't have the same belief about sex as you. I've seen it happen way too many times.
Yeah could be. I thought with the way we're portrayed in the media, they would be repelled at first sight lol.

I will take your advice, I can make my way of Dawah through this 😂

Yeah just have a chat and have fun, you could end up bringing someone to Islam.

I'm white myself and I've never felt the hate at first sight which is awful, the worst case scenario is that he is one of these preachy Atheists who needs to chill

All the best.
Typical only south Asians are muslim logic.
I think who this might be, but not sure :lol:

He seems like he wants to get to know you better, so there is no harm in telling the truth as it is. He probably knows your limits already, it's pretty obvious, so instead of ignoring the elephant in the room just say it straight but in a non-confronting way.

I know who yee are
Original post by chosenone93
Typical only south Asians are muslim logic.

Who said anything about South Asians? I'm not one lol
Original post by fatima1998
headscarf is not a BIG thing :u:
its now counted as fashion rather than religious perspective

Mikasa disagrees

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending