The Student Room Group

Can postgraduates apply for the maintenance loan?

Hi

I have an unconditional offer from Hertfordshire university to do my masters in human resources management. I know we have the new postgrad loan, but unfortunately I won't have enough to pay for my rent for the year. Just worried about my accommodation cost. So can postgraduates also apply for a maintenance loan or is there other funding I can apply for to help me. I really don't want this to stop me from doing my masters.

Thanks
Annie
Original post by anneajohn
Hi

I have an unconditional offer from Hertfordshire university to do my masters in human resources management. I know we have the new postgrad loan, but unfortunately I won't have enough to pay for my rent for the year. Just worried about my accommodation cost. So can postgraduates also apply for a maintenance loan or is there other funding I can apply for to help me. I really don't want this to stop me from doing my masters.

Thanks
Annie

The only national funding available is the £10k pgl which can pay towards fees or living costs (it is paid to the student to spend as they like).

If this doesn't cover your costs then speak to your university about scholarships and bursaries that you might be eligible for or look for charitable grants. Beyond that you can only rely on savings or get a job to fund your extra costs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending