The Student Room Group

What pens do you use for exams?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leviathan1741
Yes, I have a disability which means I am eligible to type instead of writing by hand :smile:

Interesting. If you don't mind, I would love to know what your disability exactly is. I am suppose that you have an own keyboard and for your own only?
Original post by homeland.lsw
OMG My pen for everything is

OH MY GOD THIS IS THE ONLY PEN I CAN USE!!!!!
Original post by AlmightyJesus

Oh God. I don't know what looks worse, them or Berol Handwriting pens from primary school. Does anyone here use them at all? Lol.
Original post by Kallisto
Interesting. If you don't mind, I would love to know what your disability exactly is. I am suppose that you have an own keyboard and for your own only?

I have mild Asperger's syndrome, which means it takes me longer to process the questions, decide on the answers etc. I can also type much more quickly than I can hand write, so typing is easier for me when it comes to exams. I also do exams in a separate room from the other students (less distractions that way!), and I use the computer and keyboard already present in the room I am allocated :smile:
Uni-Ball Eye fine UB-157. I buy them in bulk as they write so smoothly, I haven't used a different model of pen since last year. The ink is relatively thick but you don't get any scratchiness, faintness, and you need not put any effort into writing as the ink flows out really nicely. You'll find yourself being able to write much faster!
Original post by Rhythmical
Oh God. I don't know what looks worse, them or Berol Handwriting pens from primary school. Does anyone here use them at all? Lol.

I own the V5 but I no longer use it as I've had some issues with the ink not coming out at times. It is a nice pen though.
I usually use Uni Ball Eye Fine in black and Bic black biros :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
I have mild Asperger's syndrome, which means it takes me longer to process the questions, decide on the answers etc. I can also type much more quickly than I can hand write, so typing is easier for me when it comes to exams. I also do exams in a separate room from the other students (less distractions that way!), and I use the computer and keyboard already present in the room I am allocated :smile:

Really?! I have diagnosed Asperger's syndrome as well, but I have never enjoyed that privilege. And what you wrote is very familar for me. I need more time when I am writing with a ballpen/pen instead of a keyboard. It is easier for me as well. The only one what I got was another hour for solving the exams - and a quite place.
I just use a standard black bic ballpoint pen, not any of those fancy cristal grip pens for me :u:
I use one with built in Microphone.
Original post by Kallisto
Really?! I have diagnosed Asperger's syndrome as well, but I have never enjoyed that privilege. And what you wrote is very familar for me. I need more time when I am writing with a ballpen/pen instead of a keyboard. It is easier for me as well. The only one what I got was another hour for solving the exams - and a quite place.

Yeah haha, it's nice to meet a fellow aspie :h:
Pentel Energel 0.7mm Ball Metal Point

Reply 52
When I did exams I typed them. My handwriting is illegible and painfully slow due to my dyspraxia.

When I do need to handwrite anything, I use a fountain pen with special grips so it's easier for me to hold it and control how I move it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhythmical

berils are chunky af - they'd be no good in an exam if you want to write more than a few pages
Anything with blue ink because i'm an absolute idiot and always forget :u:
You need to find the optimal balance between speed without using one that smudges/runs all over the paper
I use a word processor :biggrin:
Reply 57
Just normal black bic ballpoint pens
Uni-ball micros UB-150 (0.5mm line -much better than the UB-157 fine one) and I just found a pack of 14 for ~£10 on Amazon!
Or
Uni-ball vision elite UB-200(0.8mm tip, 0.6mm line)

I write super fast with the uni-balls because they're super smooth and flow well, they dry fast enough that you don't have to worry about smudging and they're comfortable to write with. Been using these since year 10 and I'm now completely my A2 exams!
Papermate is the one for me!!!
I strayed away from papermate once and used zebra pens and they just seemed scratchy and not as smooth.
I also always have about 5 pens and pencils in my exam pencil case, just in case. But that always meant that people tend to borrow pens off me :colonhash: and I never got them back.

Quick Reply

Latest