The Student Room Group

Revising at night sleeping in day

So i just had this potential idea. i got ADDE at AS level due to procrastination and not revising and i need ABB at least for uni. My plan would be as follows:
12am- 7am would be my new 'day' i will split it up with revising, breaks, walking the dog once maybe and eating. At 7.30 i would then get ready and go to school ( its easter now so this would be free time. Then when i get back from school about 3pm (sometimes 1pm and 4pm) i will sleep untill 11.30/12 and repeat. I know this idea sounds crazy but any thoughts and ideas wouldbe appreciated. Maybe i could try it and see how muchi concentrate? Would be useful in exams in may/june as i would revise all night for exams then all the way until the exam. I have 8 A level exams (4 retakes) in Law business and economics

Scroll to see replies

New Day Rocks
Reply 2
Wow. That's so revolutionary. I wonder why others don't do it
Thanks for the feedback guys I thought I would be shunned lol,but yeah I'm going to test this starting tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds awesome tbh
Let me know how it goes
Original post by martinnmartin
Thanks for the feedback guys I thought I would be shunned lol,but yeah I'm going to test this starting tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tell us how it goes :borat:
So i just had this potential idea. i got ADDE at AS level due to procrastination and not revising and i need ABB at least for uni. My plan would be as follows:
12am- 7am would be my new 'day' i will split it up with revising, breaks, walking the dog once maybe and eating. At 7.30 i would then get ready and go to school ( its easter now so this would be free time. Then when i get back from school about 3pm (sometimes 1pm and 4pm) i will sleep untill 11.30/12 and repeat. I know this idea sounds crazy but any thoughts and ideas wouldbe appreciated. Maybe i could try it and see how muchi concentrate? Would be useful in exams in may/june as i would revise all night for exams then all the way until the exam. I have 8 A level exams (4 retakes) in Law business and economics

I wouldn't advise doing that before exams, I know from experience that revising all evening from 12am until my exam at 9:15am, that I felt exhausted and could barely concentrate in the exam. Let's just say I didn't do very well in said exam.
During the holidays, maybe. School time? No. By all means try it but I don't think it'll work too well.
Reply 8
Ok firstly this idea is SO silly. I am retaking my as exams ASWELL and doing my a2 exams. What you have to do is simply revise as much as you can IN THE DAY.(Days are longer now since the time has gone back- use this to ur benefit) You will be TOO TIRED with this plan you've got going on and its not about procrastination. Its about how effective your method of revision is, not really the time you have. Someone who takes hours learning a whole textbook compared to someone who learns half of it in a day but understands and absorbs it using their time efficiently, is the differences between a C grade and an A grade. AND if worse comes to worse, don't go to school? Just carry on revising at home and revising and revising.. And love revising. Do what you love and love what you do i guess
Original post by Lostox
I wouldn't advise doing that before exams, I know from experience that revising all evening from 12am until my exam at 9:15am, that I felt exhausted and could barely concentrate in the exam. Let's just say I didn't do very well in said exam.

Well did you sleep in the day?

I wouldn't be exhausted because I would be used to my sleeping patterns so come exam day it would be just a regular day ( day before sleep 3pm to 11pm) so I would already have had my rest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Another thing the whole sleeping from 3-11:30 UR SLEEPING FOR 9 HOURS LOL. Thats so silly. My revision timetable is based on going to sleep by 10:00, waking up at 5 and having the whole day
Reply 11
I think most people do it the other way round.
I wonder why?
Well did you sleep in the day?

I wouldn't be exhausted because I would be used to my sleeping patterns so come exam day it would be just a regular day ( day before sleep 3pm to 11pm) so I would already have had my rest

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I did sleep in the day ~4pm until 11ish. You probably will feel exhausted from revising/cramming before the exam. You would be better to sleep and wake up feeling refreshed, but your choice at the end of the day. :smile:
Original post by animaria
Another thing the whole sleeping from 3-11:30 UR SLEEPING FOR 9 HOURS LOL. Thats so silly. My revision timetable is based on going to sleep by 10:00, waking up at 5 and having the whole day

I don't get it 9 hours too much sleep?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by animaria

Everyone's diffrent I guess. Diffrent methods work for diffrent people. There's no harm in trying.
Original post by M14B
I think most people do it the other way round.
I wonder why?

Most people are normal lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think its a decent idea, since youre looking for feedback I personally would sleep from 5/6pm to 2/3am or something, getting up at 12am and staying up all night before an exam would suck, so give yourself enough time to revise for an hour or two and wake yourself up

but please keep us posted, ill be curious to see how it goes :biggrin:
Original post by DylanJ42
i think its a decent idea, since youre looking for feedback I personally would sleep from 5/6pm to 2/3am or something, getting up at 12am and staying up all night before an exam would suck, so give yourself enough time to revise for an hour or two and wake yourself up

but please keep us posted, ill be curious to see how it goes :biggrin:

Thanks, I will keep you guys posted

Posted from TSR Mobile
I actually decided to start today and I've just finished (3.45) revising started at 1am. It's sooo much easier to concentrate being so quiet and I didn't procrastinate at all! I'm now staying up so I can get into the routine and I'll be going to bed at 3pm

Posted from TSR Mobile

I go to bed at about 9pm each day. I have a sleep phase alarm clock that wakes me anywhere between 3am-3.30am. I am completely happy with this schedule. The thing is before the rest of the country wake up (5 hours later) you've practically got a days worth of work in. My motivation is also high and I am more productive than I ever thought possible. I say definitely focus on an earlier morning, but I wouldn't fully commit to switching your sleep schedule on its head. You'll throw your melatonin out of wack and damage your circadian rhythm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending