The Student Room Group

Can Unis see your UMS?

Only Cambridge requests UMS scores and module breakdown, right? Can other Unis see your UMS without requesting them from you or your school?
Reply 1
Original post by M Kb
Only Cambridge requests UMS scores and module breakdown, right? Can other Unis see your UMS without requesting them from you or your school?

No
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by M Kb

Cambridge is not the only university who requires UMS mark. Durham also do.
Reply 3
Original post by swanseajack1
Cambridge is not the only university who requires UMS mark. Durham also do.

Thanks Jack. Do they ask you to provide UMS figures or can they access them on their own?
Original post by M Kb
Thanks Jack. Do they ask you to provide UMS figures or can they access them on their own?

My son applied to Durham a few years ago. They came back and asked for them. There may be others who ask for them but is only Durham he came across.
Reply 5
Thanks again. So they came back to you - i.e. they can't access them independently?
Reply 6
Original post by M Kb

No university can see your UMS without you telling them first. It's not provided automatically via UCAS. If they want it they have to request it separately (like Cambridge and Durham do).

That's why I answered "no" to your question.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by M Kb
Thanks again. So they came back to you - i.e. they can't access them independently?

They weren't exactly quick. After a month they requested the details and 3 months later they had still not replied when he got fed up withdrew his application and went elsewhere
Reply 8
Original post by M Kb

Just to add, if you WANT unis to know your UMS then you can ask your referee to include the info.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest