The Student Room Group

What is better natural beauty or make up beauty?

Scroll to see replies

Personally id say... makeup.
Original post by scnotcrazy
what if a girl just wore mascara and lip gloss only but not any foundation, bronzer etc
what then?
to be honest I just wear that but a bit more when going to a party etc

I don't mind if women wear make-up anyway.
Natural Makeup :smile:
Original post by hezzlington
Those who say natural beauty, why is it 'better' ?

I guess people prefer not to be deceived.
Original post by loveleest
I guess people prefer not to be deceived.

Suppose so.

Natural beauty is exceptionally rare in females, it seems.. I don't think I've ever seen a girl who is confident enough to go on nights out/first dates with ZERO make up.
Suppose so.

Natural beauty is exceptionally rare in females, it seems.. I don't think I've ever seen a girl who is confident enough to go on nights out/first dates with ZERO make up.

I can go on a first date with out makeup if my hair looked nice and my eyebrows were plucked/threaded. My hair and eyebrows give me a lot of confidence because they are my best features. I also have quite good skin which is something that I am lucky to have I guess.
Make-up! It enhances your beauty and gets rid of imperfections! As a girl who wears make up regularly, it definitely improves my appearance. It covers up my blemishes and gives me a smoothie and clearer complexion. It allows me to change things about my face that I don't like such as my eyes, for me they are too small so I wear eyeliner to make them seem bigger!
It's the very reason make-up exists. What people think is natural beauty is make-up used to enhance the natural look. Not all make-up is outrageous and in your face.
I can go on a first date with out makeup if my hair looked nice and my eyebrows were plucked/threaded. My hair and eyebrows give me a lot of confidence because they are my best features. I also have quite good skin which is something that I am lucky to have I guess.

Have you ever gone on a first date without make up?
Have you ever gone on a first date without make up?

Awkward moment when you've never been on a date:colondollar:

If I was going on a date I would only wear lipstick and mascara anyway. If I wasn't allowed to put on anything that would be completely fine too.
Natural beauty

The thing is a lot of people confuse an attractive girl with good application of makeup...(I don't, I can always tell the difference between the two) so because of that "natural beauty" is basically non-existence, and the men that say that they prefer girls without makeup are usually talking about light makeup i.e nude lipstick, light mascara, tinted moisturiser etc...

This is :yy:
Natural beauty!! :yep:
I adore makeup but I'm not naive enough to think that most people don't prefer natural beauty. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Suppose so.

I stopped wearing makeup after year 11 and ever since then I have only worn it to weddings. Any other party or day out with my girls I've been bare face. I wouldn't say it's exceptionally rare. I know a lot of girls who don't wear makeup all the time :smile:
Original post by Legendary Quest
I stopped wearing makeup after year 11 and ever since then I have only worn it to weddings. Any other party or day out with my girls I've been bare face. I wouldn't say it's exceptionally rare. I know a lot of girls who don't wear makeup all the time :smile:

Why do you wear it to weddings?

I mean girls that don't wear make up at all. It's rare.
Natural Beauty if you have it, but I don't so Makeup for meeeee!
The thing is a lot of people confuse an attractive girl with good application of makeup...(I don't, I can always tell the difference between the two) so because of that "natural beauty" is basically non-existence, and the men that say that they prefer girls without makeup are usually talking about light makeup i.e nude lipstick, light mascara, tinted moisturiser etc...

Yh I was going to say natural beauty, but I think you are right...
I like to put on a little makeup if I'm going out, but most days, I can't be bothered. People need to accept me for who I am.
I think people look nicer without a lot I makeup on.

I guess it's nice to change up your look sometimes. I feel very confident without makeup and pretty much show my bare face all the time but I wouldn't wear my bare face to a wedding for example because that would be boring...I like to glam up sometimes.
I would say natural beauty but I need to apply s ton of makeup in the morning to not be mistaken for s troll person lol

Usually because family, friends and the bride herself tell me to so I do it out of respect. If it was my choice, I wouldn't. I think tomboys are probably the only ones who don't wear make up 'at all'. The rest will wear make up to, at the very least, weddings and prom but outside pressures can play a role in why they do that.

EDIT: It's worth noting that for weddings and prom, it's sometimes not the make-up itself that people care about. It's the process of applying it with your friends. The fun you can have as everyone is rushing around the house :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest