The Student Room Group

In love with my best friend

Just tell him you like him and ask if he'd like to go out sometime. At least that way you'll have an answer.
Just tell him you like him and ask if he'd like to go out sometime. At least that way you'll have an answer.
Original post by georgiaswift

Yeah, i wish i had the courage to do that. Im soo afraid of ruining such a good friendship, id be devastated if it turns out he doesnt feel the same way.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, i wish i had the courage to do that. Im soo afraid of ruining such a good friendship, id be devastated if it turns out he doesnt feel the same way.

If you were good enough friends then surely you'd be able to continue the friendship without ruining it? You would naturally be upset but otherwise you'll never know.
Reply 4

If you were best friends in the first place, you will still be friends. It's a good way to test the friendship.

I told one of my best friends that I liked her, didn't
Go well for me, but we are still best friends. Has been 2 years since that, and we still
Laugh about it.
Reply 5
Original post by georgiaswift
If you were good enough friends then surely you'd be able to continue the friendship without ruining it? You would naturally be upset but otherwise you'll never know.

Yeah this, or make some flirty moves. Either way you will get an answer
Original post by freedom
If you were best friends in the first place, you will still be friends. It's a good way to test the friendship.

I told one of my best friends that I liked her, didn't
Go well for me, but we are still best friends. Has been 2 years since that, and we still
Laugh about it.

Original post by freedom
Yeah this, or make some flirty moves. Either way you will get an answer

Cool, thanks guys :smile: hes got a lot of rubbish going on in his life right now, and i do want to tell him how i feel. Its not helped because its made me stall my feelings for him since i didnt want to overwhelm him with this and top it all off. I wanted to be there as a friend before anything else
Reply 7
Cool, thanks guys :smile: hes got a lot of rubbish going on in his life right now, and i do want to tell him how i feel. Its not helped because its made me stall my feelings for him since i didnt want to overwhelm him with this and top it all off. I wanted to be there as a friend before anything else

How long have you guys been friends for?
Has he ever made a move on you?

You guys seem young?

and how close are you? Best friends that you see each other everyday?
Original post by freedom
How long have you guys been friends for?
Has he ever made a move on you?

You guys seem young?

and how close are you? Best friends that you see each other everyday?

Coming up to 5 years, but been very close for about 2

We tried dating a long time ago, very early into our friendship but it didnt work. Weve grown up a lot since then and somehow remained really close friends, hence why im apprehensive to change things now.

We're 22 (so i know i should have my act together by now. I havent got much dating experience :frown: )

See each other two or three times a week and speak every day, either a phonecall or texting

Quick Reply

Latest