The Student Room Group

Waited 6 weeks to hear back from internship interview

So, I had an interview for an internship placement 6 weeks ago, and I still haven't heard back. The interviewer sent me an email the day after to say 'it was lovely to meet you' and that she'd 'be in touch'. I don't want to rush her, but it's been 6 weeks, which I feel is a reasonable amount of time to make a decision. I would ignore it, but the deadline for applying for work experience grants from my uni is approaching, and I need an answer, or at least an acknowledgement that she's still organising. Should I send a follow up email or just accept I haven't got the place?
I'd phone for an immediate answer or e-mail and follow up by phone if you dont get a response in 48 hours.

Its always wise to know whe they intend to get back to you. Depending on the firm it could be a long or short time.

Explain who you are, waht you wnat and mention why you need an answer sooner rather thna later. they could have forgotten about you, she could have left or be ill.
Original post by ShonaM6920
So, I had an interview for an internship placement 6 weeks ago, and I still haven't heard back. The interviewer sent me an email the day after to say 'it was lovely to meet you' and that she'd 'be in touch'. I don't want to rush her, but it's been 6 weeks, which I feel is a reasonable amount of time to make a decision. I would ignore it, but the deadline for applying for work experience grants from my uni is approaching, and I need an answer, or at least an acknowledgement that she's still organising. Should I send a follow up email or just accept I haven't got the place?

You're Uni, give you a GRANT for voluntary work experience?

What Uni do you attend?
Reply 3
Original post by helpmekid
You're Uni, give you a GRANT for voluntary work experience?

What Uni do you attend?

Cambridge :smile: it's not a lot though, would barely cover my costs
This means the answer was no, so you won't need to apply for the grant.
Reply 5
Original post by Observatory
This means the answer was no, so you won't need to apply for the grant.

I'm coming to terms with the fact I probably haven't got it aha, it just seems odd that she said she would 'be in touch', which I know is very generic, but I was hoping to at least get a rejection email.
It's just boilerplate. Like how shaking someone's hand doesn't mean you are their friend.
Original post by Observatory
It's just boilerplate. Like how shaking someone's hand doesn't mean you are their friend.

The answer is probably no, anything over 2 weeks really, but theres still a chance the place is disorganised, she is away etc. This happens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending