The Student Room Group

As literature exam retake

Last year I took my LITB1 exam in English Literature and although I was predicted an A, somehow got a D. I have recalled my paper and found that I had a lack of detail and only wrote the obvious answers rather than ones that would get me higher marks. I am retaking it this year and really want to know what could help me get the higher grade. I am studying ROTAM, The Road and The Great Gatsby + poems. Any advice or help would be great, I really want an A and need to focus on what will push me to the top grade. Thank you!!!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by Tabatha Gregg
Last year I took my LITB1 exam in English Literature and although I was predicted an A, somehow got a D. I have recalled my paper and found that I had a lack of detail and only wrote the obvious answers rather than ones that would get me higher marks. I am retaking it this year and really want to know what could help me get the higher grade. I am studying ROTAM, The Road and The Great Gatsby + poems. Any advice or help would be great, I really want an A and need to focus on what will push me to the top grade. Thank you!!!

Hey :h: Do you feel you stuck to the assessment objectives? That is incredibly important in literature and is what gets you the marks. Approach it like a formula by applying each objective in your answer! Try and be innovative yet succinct, be creative in your answers as that's what is going to entice the examiner and make your answer stand out from all of the other generic ones. I found that it was particularly easy to be creative with ROTAM, so if you can answer this in the exam I'd definitely go for it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending