The Student Room Group

What is better natural beauty or make up beauty?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by welcometoib
you should be very careful saying that, you'll get a barrage of ladies shouting that they wear makeup for themselves, not for guys.

We= women too.

They prefer wearing it and how it makes them look. Be it for "themselves" or other people :lol:
Btw if you are a natural beauty, then make up is optional and you cna look good as either. Makeip beauty cant make you a natural beauty.
Original post by al_94
makeup is not attractive at all

Who's your celebrity crush?
Original post by cherryred90s
Who's your celebrity crush?

lose/lose, youd go savage on him regardless of who he chooses, finding a pic of her with makeup :tongue: rare to see one without makeup haha.
Original post by hezzlington
Suppose so.

Natural beauty is exceptionally rare in females, it seems.. I don't think I've ever seen a girl who is confident enough to go on nights out/first dates with ZERO make up.

Would you go on a first date without a decent haircut?
Would you go on a first date without a decent haircut?

Yep! I did so on my first date. Hair was a total mess, didn't shave either.
Yep! I did so on my first date. Hair was a total mess, didn't shave either.

Did you not want to make a good first impression?
Did you not want to make a good first impression?

I did but...oh well. I ended up getting too drunk and throwing up on the date as well.
I did but...oh well. I ended up getting too drunk and throwing up on the date as well.

Didn't end well then?
Typically, a guy going on a first date will make some effort so I'd assume he'd shave and get a nice haircut before picking a decent outfit and probably put on some cologne. Everyone wants to look as good as they can on a first date.
Didn't end well then?
Typically, a guy going on a first date will make some effort so I'd assume he'd shave and get a nice haircut before picking a decent outfit and probably put on some cologne. Everyone wants to look as good as they can on a first date.

I'm a pretty confident guy. I wore aftershave.

She became my girlfriend. That was one of the best days of my life. She wore make up (she very rarely wears make up) and she looked great.

I don't know how I looked to her but I obviously did something right, she agreed a few weeks later to see me and she spent £70 on train fare (4 hour train ride) and stayed with me for the weekend.
I'm a pretty confident guy. I wore aftershave.

She became my girlfriend. That was one of the best days of my life. She wore make up (she very rarely wears make up) and she looked great.

I don't know how I looked to her but I obviously did something right, she agreed a few weeks later to see me and she spent £70 on train fare (4 hour train ride) and stayed with me for the weekend.

Making an effort for a first date doesn't mean you are not confident lol.
Good that it worked for you, but I don't think anyone would advise someone to look scruffy on a first date.
Good that it worked for you, but I don't think anyone would advise someone to look scruffy on a first date.

oops. :colondollar:

I am confident that I look great even when I don't make an effort.

Who said I looked scruffy? My hair was messy (it was windy/slightly raining when I was making my way to the bar). I wasn't shaven but stubble was on point. I just threw on some clothes (slim jeans, okay shoes - didn't polish them or anything) and a nice coat and off I went.
oops. :colondollar:

lol what?
lol what?

guilty as the fellow above, made no difference, for guys i think its moreso about their aura/confidence which makes a girl interested.
I am confident that I look great even when I don't make an effort.

Who said I looked scruffy? My hair was messy (it was windy/slightly raining when I was making my way to the bar). I wasn't shaven but stubble was on point. I just threw on some clothes (slim jeans, okay shoes - didn't polish them or anything) and a nice coat and off I went.

The way you described yourself seemed scruffy. You didn't get a haircut, you didn't shave, you didn't make an effort at all.
I'd hate it if I put effort into my appearance and I'm greeted by a guy who couldn't be arsed. That's just me though.
guilty as the fellow above, made no difference, for guys i think its moreso about their aura/confidence which makes a girl interested.

That's also important, but I'd like for a guy to make an effort to see me for the first time.
The way you described yourself seemed scruffy. You didn't get a haircut, you didn't shave, you didn't make an effort at all.
I'd hate it if I put effort into my appearance and I'm greeted by a guy who couldn't be arsed. That's just me though.

If it was a job interview I'd get a haircut, shave, polish my shoes, dry clean my suit etc.

But on a date...no. I go in the most comfortable way I deem necessary. At most, I'll iron and wear a shirt. But I won't get a haircut just for a date.
If it was a job interview I'd get a haircut, shave, polish my shoes, dry clean my suit etc.
why? You're already confident so you don't need to.

But on a date...no. I go in the most comfortable way I deem necessary. At most, I'll iron and wear a shirt. But I won't get a haircut just for a date.

Very reassuring.
why? You're already confident so you don't need to.

Very reassuring.

I can't flirt with my interviewer so I have to dress to impress.

Look, if you want me to make an effort for our date I will okay!

Quick Reply

Latest