The Student Room Group

which phone do you have? plus need help

Hey TSRians :ciao:
So my contract is near to end - ending in may though but i can't wait to get a new one :dance:
i am very confused - i dunno which phone should i get:question::question::question:
i am on a EE contract pay monthly- 500MB with unlimited text and 500min calls :colondollar:
currently, i have Nokia which has NOTHING in it- no quality camera, no apps NOTHING - can't even download TSR app :cry2:
so my requirements are:
high resolution of the camera - so i can take pictures of the whiteboard because sometimes i can't be bothered writing all that stuff
MUST be Andriod - regretting having a Nokia one but now i need android operating system so i can have exciting apps like TSR and study related ones :yeah:
plus long battery life - long enough that can, at least, a full day
in terms of size - not too big nor too small - compact size is fine
budget wise - £20-25 per month - if less than that then its fab :cute:
Can any TSRians recommend me any phone?
Which one do you have and how is it???
:top:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fatima1998
So my contract is near to end - ending in may though but i can't wait to get a new one :dance:
i am very confused - i dunno which phone should i get:question::question::question:
i am on a EE contract pay monthly- 500MB with unlimited text and 500min calls :colondollar:
currently, i have Nokia which has NOTHING in it- no quality camera, no apps NOTHING - can't even download TSR app :cry2:
so my requirements are:
high resolution of the camera - so i can take pictures of the whiteboard because sometimes i can't be bothered writing all that stuff
MUST be Andriod - regretting having a Nokia one but now i need android operating system so i can have exciting apps like TSR and study related ones :yeah:

Well I an iPhone 5s...
Maybe a Samsung Galaxy S6??
Nokia 3330
so my requirements are:

Personally I would go down the sim only route. You could get a sim like http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/sim_only_deal/78c069dc4cc8e2328f1380ab9b8d1eca84bd0447?page=%2Fmobiles%2Fcompare%2Fsim_only_deals%2F&position=3&sorted_by=bestseller

which would then leave you with £2-300 to spend on a phone (assuming you would keep it for two years) and allows you to change providers whenever you want, upgrade the phone etc etc
I have been flirting with the idea of buying a phone from China. The specs are fantastic to the price. Anyone have any experience?
Reply 5
Original post by homeland.lsw
Well I an iPhone 5s...
Maybe a Samsung Galaxy S6??

i don't like iPhones :biggrin:
Samsung aren't too bad but that would be my last options if i didn't find any

Original post by Shabbat Shalom
Nokia 3330

i HATE Nokia- never ever gonna use nokia :u:
Reply 6
Original post by samb1234
Personally I would go down the sim only route. You could get a sim like http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/sim_only_deal/78c069dc4cc8e2328f1380ab9b8d1eca84bd0447?page=%2Fmobiles%2Fcompare%2Fsim_only_deals%2F&position=3&sorted_by=bestseller

which would then leave you with £2-300 to spend on a phone (assuming you would keep it for two years) and allows you to change providers whenever you want, upgrade the phone etc etc

no idea what that is?
but i liked to change my phone every 2 yrs :yes:
i don't like iPhones :biggrin:
Samsung aren't too bad but that would be my last options if i didn't find any

i HATE Nokia- never ever gonna use nokia :u:

oneplus 2?
https://oneplus.net/uk/2
no idea what that is?
but i liked to change my phone every 2 yrs :yes:

Basically instead of having a phone on a contract, you essentially pay a fixed amount per month simply for the minutes, data, texts etc (so in that particular deal you pay £10 a month for 500 minutes, 5000 texts and 4gb of data) and then you buy a phone outright sim free and put the sim in.
Reply 9
^

I got an LG G4 last year, and I absolutely love it :awesome:

Literally cannot fault it in any way. The OS is as close to stock android as it gets, but with some great little touches from LG. The removable battery means that you'll never be replacing it on account of degrading battery capacity. The camera is the best I've used on a phone, 32 MPxls with quality to match.

Would suggest getting it sim-free - you can find it for around £300 at the moment. You can get sim-only contracts with many different providers too.

Might be a little on the pricey-side considering your budget, but that's my suggestion nevertheless :yep:
Original post by Alexion

Literally cannot fault it in any way. The OS is as close to stock android as it gets, but with some great little touches from LG. The removable battery means that you'll never be replacing it on account of degrading battery capacity. The camera is the best I've used on a phone, 32 MPxls with quality to match.

Would suggest getting it sim-free - you can find it for around £300 at the moment. You can get sim-only contracts with many different providers too.

Might be a little on the pricey-side considering your budget, but that's my suggestion nevertheless :yep:

ahan thanks - i'll add that to my list and then do further investigation :h:
Original post by Alexion

Might be a bit big for some people
Original post by homeland.lsw

seems nice - i'll add that to my list :u:
Basically instead of having a phone on a contract, you essentially pay a fixed amount per month simply for the minutes, data, texts etc (so in that particular deal you pay £10 a month for 500 minutes, 5000 texts and 4gb of data) and then you buy a phone outright sim free and put the sim in.

but i love to change phones every 2 yrs
Might be a bit big for some people

Felt a little big at first, but now even my 4.7" Nexus 4 feels tiny :lol:

Couldn't go back to a smaller phone again :cute:

You can change phones whenever you want - you just buy a new one, whether that be in 2 years time, a year 3 years whatever you want

Makes it even easier - just buy a new handset and keep the same sim card. :yep:

I've had the same sim for about 4 years now
Xperia Z3 Compact will fit all your requirements. Android, pricing, compact form factor, high resolution camera and battery life that puts other phones to shame.

Additional pros: waterproof, front facing dual stereo speakers, expandable storage
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Alexion
Felt a little big at first, but now even my 4.7" Nexus 4 feels tiny :lol:

Couldn't go back to a smaller phone again :cute:

yeah i know what you mean, it takes a few days to adjust to. OP if you live near a vodafone and get lucky you can get one for like £235 if you can find one
Original post by Alexion
Makes it even easier - just buy a new handset and keep the same sim card. :yep:

I've had the same sim for about 4 years now

What is your plan?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending