The Student Room Group

which phone do you have? plus need help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rust Cohle
Xperia Z3 Compact will fit all your requirements. Android, pricing, compact form factor, high resolution camera and battery life that puts other phones to shame.

Additional pros: waterproof, front facing dual cameras, expandable storage

Pricing: http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/deals/sony_xperia_z3_compact/

my friend has that one, i actually liked her phone but then something happened to her phone twice and now i am.... maybe warned about that phone but dunno why i think its faulty - maybe i am wrong
Original post by Alexion
Makes it even easier - just buy a new handset and keep the same sim card. :yep:

I've had the same sim for about 4 years now

i do have a sim and have almost 4 years too
that will be my 3rd phone in may:yep:
Original post by Shabbat Shalom
Nokia 3330

i just searched that phone and...
you think you funny
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Spoiler

The general conscecus is that iPhones are the best
Original post by fatima1998
i just searched that phone and...
you think you funny
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Spoiler

Obesima :hugs:
Obesima :hugs:

OMGGGG!!!
another account :colone:
ubi? or dip:colonhash:
OMGGGG!!!
another account :colone:
ubi? or dip:colonhash:

Study Helper :awesome:
Study Helper :awesome:

you must be ubi then!

Spoiler

I would suggest you get a sim only deal, I'm on a 12month sim only deal with EE and I get unlimited minutes and texts and 10gb data for £17 a month. I brought an iPhone 6 sim free and just inserted the sim.
Original post by Babymarianna19
I would suggest you get a sim only deal, I'm on a 12month sim only deal with EE and I get unlimited minutes and texts and 10gb data for £17 a month. I brought an iPhone 6 sim free and just inserted the sim.

10 GB data is ALOTTTT
but i don't mind my plan - i am just looking for a phone :u:
Nokia 3310
Reply 31
I would recommend OnePlus Two. It was advertised as a "flagship killer" mainly because it was comparable to many big brand flagships that came out the same year such as Samsung Galaxy S6. In fact, in some aspects, it was even better than the S6 - most notably in the battery life department. The S6 has a pathetic battery (2550mAh). OnePlus Two on the other hand has a much larger 3300mAh battery. However, do keep in mind that battery life of a phone depends on the user; some people will drain its life in a matter of few hours while light-users can keep it going for the whole day, if not more.

As for its camera, it's got a 13MP sensor and an f/2.0 aperture. This results in pretty decent photos and for the average user, that's completely fine because they won't really be able to tell any clear differences between a photo taken by the OnePlus Two or another flagship phone. It's important to note that resolution (in this case 13MP) only matters partially. There are other aspects to consider, such as a wide aperture and how good the sensor is. This means that the Nokia Lumia 1020 which boasted a 41MP camera didn't actually end up having the best camera in a smartphone because it didn't have a wide aperture and the software within wasn't good enough to use that 41MP to its full potential anyway. The best camera currently in a phone is almost definitely the new Samsung Galaxy S7 or the S7 Edge. The iPhone 6S/+ is a close competitor as well. You can expect the Apple and Samsung flagships to completely dominate the smartphone cameras for years to come.

You seem to be an Android fan so OnePlus Two is a really good choice in terms of OS. It has OxygenOS which is virtually the same as stock Android, with a few added features here and there. It's very similar to the Nexus line. You'll want to root this phone immediately once you get it and Google encourages users to root their phones anyway, I think.

The only problem is I don't know if there are any SIM plans for it. It's a really cheap phone for what its worth - on the website, it's £249 for the 64GB version. It's much cheaper than any other flagships I've heard of. Now that I think about it, this might actually be a huge deterrent for some aha I know I'd be quite phased if I had to pay that much up front. You could always call Three or Vodafone and ask. Hope that helps! :smile:
Original post by mariam687
atm,

my phone has been taken off me

-sigh

aww - why? :biggrin:

Original post by FaisalNaeem03
Nokia 3310

you think you funny

Spoiler

WOOHOO I HAVE AN IPHONE 4 YAYAYAYA.
get the samsung galaxy s6 edge plus, my mum has it and it is beautiful <3
Original post by Babymarianna19

but i dunno, if we can change our monthly plan mine is pay monthly phone plans - 500min, unlimited text with 500mb = £15.00

you think you funny

Spoiler

But...that's the phone I have tho :/
Original post by SHolmez
I would recommend OnePlus Two. It was advertised as a "flagship killer" mainly because it was comparable to many big brand flagships that came out the same year such as Samsung Galaxy S6. In fact, in some aspects, it was even better than the S6 - most notably in the battery life department. The S6 has a pathetic battery (2550mAh). OnePlus Two on the other hand has a much larger 3300mAh battery. However, do keep in mind that battery life of a phone depends on the user; some people will drain its life in a matter of few hours while light-users can keep it going for the whole day, if not more.

As for its camera, it's got a 13MP sensor and an f/2.0 aperture. This results in pretty decent photos and for the average user, that's completely fine because they won't really be able to tell any clear differences between a photo taken by the OnePlus Two or another flagship phone. It's important to note that resolution (in this case 13MP) only matters partially. There are other aspects to consider, such as a wide aperture and how good the sensor is. This means that the Nokia Lumia 1020 which boasted a 41MP camera didn't actually end up having the best camera in a smartphone because it didn't have a wide aperture and the software within wasn't good enough to use that 41MP to its full potential anyway. The best camera currently in a phone is almost definitely the new Samsung Galaxy S7 or the S7 Edge. The iPhone 6S/+ is a close competitor as well. You can expect the Apple and Samsung flagships to completely dominate the smartphone cameras for years to come.

You seem to be an Android fan so OnePlus Two is a really good choice in terms of OS. It has OxygenOS which is virtually the same as stock Android, with a few added features here and there. It's very similar to the Nexus line. You'll want to root this phone immediately once you get it and Google encourages users to root their phones anyway, I think.

The only problem is I don't know if there are any SIM plans for it. It's a really cheap phone for what its worth - on the website, it's £249 for the 64GB version. It's much cheaper than any other flagships I've heard of. Now that I think about it, this might actually be a huge deterrent for some aha I know I'd be quite phased if I had to pay that much up front. You could always call Three or Vodafone and ask. Hope that helps! :smile:

i checked it on EE website and i couldn't find that phone!
But...that's the phone I have tho :/

:toofunny:thats funny :toofunny:

Original post by sfaraj
WOOHOO I HAVE AN IPHONE 4 YAYAYAYA.
get the samsung galaxy s6 edge plus, my mum has it and it is beautiful <3

i am planning getting maybe Samsung galaxy s6 because my friend has edge one but i didn't really liked the edge design :colondollar:
:toofunny:thats funny :toofunny:

Not even lying :frown:
Not even lying :frown:

lol be honest! you can't have that phone :biggrin:

Quick Reply