The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Here's why you should choose an non En-Suite accommodation in your first year:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TVIO
I'll stick to actual team building with group projects and spending frugally in everything else thanks. Why would I want to live uncomfortably for 4 years, especially when I'll be working hard for most of the time. I don't want to put up with other crap after a 9-6 at uni.

9-6, what the feck are you studying? Not even an engineering student (me) needs to put up with 9 hours lol? To you I say, enjoy the next 30 years of debt from the posh student accommodation you insisted on..
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 21
I will be doing hours like that. I'm 31 years old, and will be a student nurse in September. I'd rather stay living in my own house, with my own bathroom, my own kitchen, my own lounge and my own standards than even begin to contemplate the unique hell that would be sharing with 18 year old students.
Reply 22
Original post by Bath~Student
9-6, what the feck are you studying? Not even an engineering student (me) needs to put up with 9 hours lol? To you I say, enjoy the next 30 years of debt from the posh student accommodation you insisted on..

Computer Science at UCL. Monday's were a pain this term. Non en suite would save maybe 6k tops, London is expensive as hell for everything. 30 years of debt certainly isn't happening, plenty of good jobs about in CS
Original post by HFBS
I will be doing hours like that. I'm 31 years old, and will be a student nurse in September. I'd rather stay living in my own house, with my own bathroom, my own kitchen, my own lounge and my own standards than even begin to contemplate the unique hell that would be sharing with 18 year old students.

This obviously doesn't apply to old farts :wink:
Original post by TVIO
Computer Science at UCL. Monday's were a pain this term. Non en suite would save maybe 6k tops, London is expensive as hell for everything. 30 years of debt certainly isn't happening, plenty of good jobs about in CS

Are you saying 6k is trivial?????!
Reply 25
Are you saying 6k is trivial?????!

No of course not. But it's worth it IMO for the peace of mind.

As I once said using my old account (back when I knew my password), choosing an En-Suite goes against the essence of university :smile:

Gr8 b8 m8. I bet you're just saying this to make sure the ensuite places at your uni aren't overbooked. I'm not risking the chance of sharing a bathroom with 8 people and walking in only to find period blood and/or poo all over the toilet.

I'm not about that life son.

Don't listen to OP lads. It's a trap. The ensuite i reserved at Manchester is only around 5k. It's not that bad. The extra money is worth it imo. Plus i don't want anyone to have to experience the smell of me releasing the kraken on the toilets. My poo smell radius has a half life of about 2 hours
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TVIO
No of course not. But it's worth it IMO for the peace of mind.

Original post by Lawliettt
Gr8 b8 m8. I bet you're just saying this to make sure the ensuite places at your uni aren't overbooked. I'm not risking the chance of sharing a bathroom with 8 people and walking in only to find period blood and/or poo all over the toilet.

I'm not about that life son.

Don't listen to OP lads. It's a trap. The ensuite i reserved at Manchester is only aroung 5k. It's not that bad. The extra money is worth it imo

Here's where we all try and respect one another's deviating opinions; *screams internally*.
Original post by Alexion
By sharing a loo? I don't get it

lol ppl won't wanna share a loo with me after they find out about my pooping habits
I think where Bath~Student is at, and I'd agree, that people are mistakenly looking at the en suites as the normal option and the normal cost, and the comparative cheaper cost of a shared bathroom as a saving. I looked at the cost of a shared bathroom hall as the normal cost, and then decided whether an en suite was worth the extra, and it wasn't.
Original post by RibenaRockstar
I think where Bath~Student is at, and I'd agree, that people are mistakenly looking at the en suites as the normal option and the normal cost, and the comparative cheaper cost of a shared bathroom as a saving. I looked at the cost of a shared bathroom hall as the normal cost, and then decided whether an en suite was worth the extra, and it wasn't.

Absolutely. The norm these days is an En-Suite.. for a student! And I bet the character / team building was worth every damn penny saved. It is a true win-win situation.
Absolutely. The norm these days is an En-Suite.. for a student! And I bet the character / team building was worth every damn penny saved. It is a true win-win situation.

I'm sorry but as has been addressed before in this thread, it's a bit of a stretch to say that living uncomfortably is a 'win' in terms of building relationships. Living closely and communally, yes, not having your own toilet is purely an economic decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending