The Student Room Group

Islamists celebrate murder of Ahmadi Muslim Brit who wished Christians Happy Easter

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Frank Underwood
Did you forget the bit where you said Islam is nothing but submission?

Do you mean the bit where I said that Islam (the word) means submission?

We were discussing the meaning of a word, you know.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JakeyJakeJake
Just because you say you are something, does not mean you actually are:
KKK claim they are Christians - reality is they are not
Same thing here.

the kkk are christians.
Original post by Good bloke
Do you mean the bit where I said that Islam (the word) means submission?

We were discussing the meaning of a word, you know.

Islam is a verbal noun originating from the triliteral root s-l-m which forms a large class of words mostly relating to concepts of wholeness, submission, safeness and peace. - wikipedia

While yes, it doesn't explicitly say Islam means those, it is clear that it doesn't solely mean submission, given its origin.

I think you should apologise for that clumsy clumsy mistake you just made, "You should ask your almer mata for your money back if have studied Arabic at degree level and you think Islam means anything other than submission."

I'm guessing you neglected the three other words relating to it from its origin set of words.

Am I mistaken in possibly thinking that its got something slightly to do with your xenophobic agenda here?
(edited 8 years ago)
Islam is a verbal noun originating from the triliteral root s-l-m which forms a large class of words mostly relating to concepts of wholeness, submission, safeness and peace. - wikipedia

I think you should apologise for that clumsy clumsy mistake you just made, "You should ask your almer mata for your money back if have studied Arabic at degree level and you think Islam means anything other than submission."

I'm guessing you neglected the three other words relating to it.

Am I mistaken in possibly thinking that its got something slightly to do with your xenophobic agenda here?

I now understand. The truth has dawned!

It was your baby I ate for breakfast this morning.
I now understand. The truth has dawned!

It was your baby I ate for breakfast this morning.

This roughly translates as "I'm too lazy to defend my xenophobic argument"
This roughly translates as "I'm too lazy to defend my xenophobic argument"

You seem to forget I didn't make an argument. You waded into my discussion with someone else with a load of bile and I responded. That's all.
You seem to forget I didn't make an argument. You waded into my discussion with someone else with a load of bile and I responded. That's all.

Oh because you've totally never done that :facepalm:
Oh because you've totally never done that :facepalm:

We agree on something then.
We agree on something then.

You're kidding right? You did this to me earlier today, if you deny that then I've got no reason to take anything you post seriously ever again.
Without even opening the book, look into the meaning of the name of the religion: ISLAM - comes from the root letters s-l-m meaning peace.

JakeyJakeJake, why would I not open the book? Do you recommend that I form an opinion of the Muslim religion based solely on the translation of its name? That's craziness.
Original post by kimi1kimi2kimi3
JakeyJakeJake, why would I not open the book? Do you recommend that I form an opinion of the Muslim religion based solely on the translation of its name? That's craziness.

Oh dear! You misunderstood... once again...
It is a method of analysis: you start at the start - in this case with the name of the religion and then the contents of it's book. So if the name of the religion which sums it up entirely including the book means peace, then how can you take an isolated verse, remove it from the historical context and suggest Islam is a religion of hate, violence, war and terror?
You must read about the background, when these verses were revealed and the situations surrounding them.
Also the name of the religion is Islam - so please use it :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh dear! You misunderstood... once again...
It is a method of analysis: you start at the start - in this case with the name of the religion and then the contents of it's book. So if the name of the religion which sums it up entirely including the book means peace, then how can you take an isolated verse, remove it from the historical context and suggest Islam is a religion of hate, violence, war and terror?
You must read about the background, when these verses were revealed and the situations surrounding them.
Also the name of the religion is Islam - so please use it :smile:

I apologize for naming the religion incorrectly - that was ignorant of me. But how could you interpret the excerpts that I quoted as peaceful, regardless of the context in which they appear? I challenge you to identify the context that would make a reader interpret this sentence to be anything except a directive from on high to murder disbelievers: " . . . those who disbelieve smite at their necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly."
Then in your own example you have quoted the Islamic greeting: Salaam which means peace. Also please spare me the wikipedia pages. A Bachelor of Arts in the language is a good base for me.

The sources for the page are good but do feel free to correct the page if it's wrong. It isn't mind but do feel free.
Original post by kimi1kimi2kimi3
I apologize for naming the religion incorrectly - that was ignorant of me. But how could you interpret the excerpts that I quoted as peaceful, regardless of the context in which they appear? I challenge you to identify the context that would make a reader interpret this sentence to be anything except a directive from on high to murder disbelievers: " . . . those who disbelieve smite at their necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly."

To understand it, you must go and research the torture, hardships and troubles they had to face, because they followed the Messenger. They were beaten mercilessly, to such an extent that the tortures got tired and had to take it in turns to beat them and drag them through the rocky Arabian desert. They were killed in the most inhumane ways possible, like tied to two horses made to run in opposite directions - literally torn in half. And this is only the tip of the iceberg. Go read about it and only then will you understand.
And don't forget, that all religions have verses like this in their scriptures - when you are attacked you are given the opportunity to defend yourself. But this verse is not the justification of terrorism, which unfortunately it has been misinterpreted as, thus helping the terrorists to polarise and fragment society even further.
Stop labelling all Muslims as terrorists, because that is simply not the case.
There are approx. 1.6 billion and if each one was a terrorist then the human race would simply not exist. You are here today and that is proof in itself - that Muslims are not terrorists. Make that distinction between Islam and terrorism and make it today. Because terror is not part of any religion/country/culture etc. it is some misguided people making very grave errors.
Original post by Salon
What a stupid question. It doesn't matter what sect it was. It was a human. Just like you and me. Did I forget to mention he has the same blood colour as us? Lol

The sect actually matters quite a lot in a sectarian murder. I asked because the article stated that the victim was murdered precisely because of the sect that he belonged to.
Original post by Dara Dahl
Ahmadi, unfortunately hated and persecuted by Islamists and many Muslims just for having different beliefs.

Wait, there different denominations of Islam!?

Some Muslims often make a big point about how Christianity is divided into dominations. That is sometimes why they claim it is not the 'truth'.
Original post by Sportycb
Wait, there different denominations of Islam!

Oh yes, its a more complicated story than just sunni/shia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_schools_and_branches

Original post by Sportycb
Some Muslims often make a big point about how Christianity is divided into dominations. That is sometimes why they claim it is not the 'truth'.

Yes, the Muslims' claim of "true monotheism" puzzles me slightly.
Original post by chemting
Oh yes, its a more complicated story than just sunni/shia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_schools_and_branches

Yes, the Muslims' claim of "true monotheism" puzzles me slightly.

Wow, thank you for that. It was really interesting.
Just when I thought nothing could surprise me...

One Muslim stabbed another Muslim to death on a British street because he was the wrong sort of Muslim.

Did I get the story right or am I missing something?
Original post by JezWeCan!
Just when I thought nothing could surprise me...

One Muslim stabbed another Muslim to death on a British street because he was the wrong sort of Muslim.

Did I get the story right or am I missing something?

not sure why that should surprise you, that sort of thing has underpinned islamic history for about 1200 years ( along with killing of a lot of non muslims that refused be converted also).

if people are ignorant to the facts, they should read up on them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending