The Student Room Group

Which way should i have my bedroom?

Scroll to see replies

Mine is exactly like concept B, except I don't have a chest. I would go with concept A though because I think it's nice to have a window near your desk, the fresh air is nice :-).
Original post by jamestg
Please excuse the messy handwriting and appealing drawings, I don't have a graphics tablet and had to rely on a mac trackpad :frown:

Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 17.59.00BST.png

I'm a big fan of desks in front of windows, if they exist?

haha good try!

i heard having the bed infront of the door (feet facing the door) is really bad for you (feng shui and all that m8)
Original post by Bill_Gates
haha good try!

i heard having the bed infront of the door (feet facing the door) is really bad for you (feng shui and all that m8)

And there's me doing that since I was born...

Am I going to be consumed by some Asian goddess or something?
Original post by jamestg
And there's me doing that since I was born...

Am I going to be consumed by some Asian goddess or something?

it's called the sleeping coffin position or something haha.
it's called the sleeping coffin position or something haha.

After a google it is true.

Think I might skip my biology revision and rearrange hahaha...
Hang bed from ceiling. More space for impromptu contemporary dance routines.
Original post by jamestg
After a google it is true.

Think I might skip my biology revision and rearrange hahaha...

scared me too mate!
Concept C: With bed ranged against the wall where wardrobe and chest of drawers currently shown in Concept A, and desk in front of window, and wardrobe and chest on wall where bed and desk currently shown in Concept A.

That gives you maximum apparent floorspace on entering the room, light by your desk and the subliminal psychological security of being positioned behind the door whilst you sleep.
Caveat: Only works if width of bed fits well in gap between wall and window.
Original post by jamestg
Please excuse the messy handwriting and appealing drawings, I don't have a graphics tablet and had to rely on a mac trackpad :frown:

Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 17.59.00BST.png

I'm a big fan of desks in front of windows, if they exist?

I agree with this, but would rotate the bed 90 degrees anticlockwise (which would avoid that chinese spiritual thing too lmao)
Where are your rads? (I'm over-thinking this far too much, I have a publication deadline…)
So currently moving house (it's smaller) no longer have the joys of having a study (boohoo). Please help me decide which concept A or B?

bedroom concept.jpg

of course B because if someone catches you doing the dirty then you got more time to recover also more floorspace in one big block
Original post by DrSocSciences
Where are your rads? (I'm over-thinking this far too much, I have a publication deadline…)

Haha next to the window mate. good luck with it :smile:
Haha next to the window mate. good luck with it :smile:

Perfect, warm feet while you sit at your desk.

I'm female btw.
Generally, big mirrors are not recommended, feng shui-wise, in the bedroom, as they bring the energy of the feng shui element of water, and a strong feng shui water element in the bedroom attracts/creates the energy of sorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest