The Student Room Group

Pakistani people! What is your vision for Pakistan's future ?

Hi

Pakistan has been deteriorating over the years now. From corruption over the moon, to terrorism spreading over the country and minorities unprotected and helpless. However, my aim with this thread is to see what the Pakistani youth wishes to see Pakistan in the future. What is you vision for Pakistan? What kind of Pakistan do you want

My vision is...

1) A secular Pakistan. A Pakistan where there is a separation between state and religion, whether it be Islam, Christianity..Religious laws should be abolished and religious scholars should have no say whatsoever in Politics. Blasphemy Laws, or Punishment for apostasy should be outlawed, Pakistan should follow the model of countries like Turkey, Albania or Uzbekistan. Religious TV channels should be banned for spreading hate and intolerance ! And hate preachers should be jailed and have receive no media attention

2) A liberal Pakistan, A Pakistan where a women should be able to dress however without facing any kind of fatwas ( following from the first point ) or anger from the public. ( That anger should be used to address issues like poverty and corruption ). A Pakistan where no one should be judged or discriminated regardless of what race, religion , gender or sexual orientation he subscribes to.

3) A women friendly Pakistan ! Dont need to add anything to this because we all know what Pakistani women have to go through. Some have not got basic rights.

4) Representative democracy is not working for Pakistan. We need a secular liberal permanent leader like Bashar Al Assad ( before the Syrian War) or King Abdullah ( from Jordan ) or maybe how China works. A leader who can make fast and quick decision in the interest of his country. However he should be liberal and secular and not like Zial Hul Haq ( I am so happy he died in such a disgusting manner, he deserved it). The issue with representative democracy is that it takes too long to make decisions and often proposals are moulded and altered when they go through the parliamentary scrutiny, and thereby the initial effectiveness of the proposals is watered down. And nothing is done in Parliament, and we see that in Pakistan. Morever we can see the high amount of corruption that is perpetuated in Pakistan because of a system which is not meant to help Pakistan in the first place.

5)

Things I would make illegal and criminalize:

Religious Channels, Faith schools, Religious leaders in Politics, Religious political parties, Niqab/Burka under the age of 21, McDonalds,..any religious law..

Things I would make legal and decriminalize:

Alcohol, Weed, Homosexuality,...

Scroll to see replies

Needs more gay rights
Reply 2
Original post by Dirty Dawah
Needs more gay rights

That it? Lmao:tongue:
For starters the airline is **** and in ruins so it's going to change how people go there as it's the only direct way of going there. They also need to accept their problems, not just blame it all on other countries. They need to stand up as a country, not just play fiddle with India.
Original post by King !
That it? Lmao:tongue:

When was the last time homosexuals blew up a load of Christians?
Original post by King !
Hi

Pakistan has been deteriorating over the years now. From corruption over the moon, to terrorism spreading over the country and minorities unprotected and helpless. However, my aim with this thread is to see what the Pakistani youth wishes to see Pakistan in the future. What is you vision for Pakistan? What kind of Pakistan do you want

My vision is...

1) A secular Pakistan. A Pakistan where there is a separation between state and religion, whether it be Islam, Christianity..Religious laws should be abolished and religious scholars should have no say whatsoever in Politics. Blasphemy Laws, or Punishment for apostasy should be outlawed, Pakistan should follow the model of countries like Turkey, Albania or Uzbekistan. Religious TV channels should be banned for spreading hate and intolerance ! And hate preachers should be jailed and have receive no media attention

2) A liberal Pakistan, A Pakistan where a women should be able to dress however without facing any kind of fatwas ( following from the first point ) or anger from the public. ( That anger should be used to address issues like poverty and corruption ). A Pakistan where no one should be judged or discriminated regardless of what race, religion , gender or sexual orientation he subscribes to.

3) A women friendly Pakistan ! Dont need to add anything to this because we all know what Pakistani women have to go through. Some have not got basic rights.

4) Representative democracy is not working for Pakistan. We need a secular liberal permanent leader like Bashar Al Assad ( before the Syrian War) or King Abdullah ( from Jordan ) or maybe how China works. A leader who can make fast and quick decision in the interest of his country. However he should be liberal and secular and not like Zial Hul Haq ( I am so happy he died in such a disgusting manner, he deserved it). The issue with representative democracy is that it takes too long to make decisions and often proposals are moulded and altered when they go through the parliamentary scrutiny, and thereby the initial effectiveness of the proposals is watered down. And nothing is done in Parliament, and we see that in Pakistan. Morever we can see the high amount of corruption that is perpetuated in Pakistan because of a system which is not meant to help Pakistan in the first place.

5)

Things I would make illegal and criminalize:

Religious Channels, Faith schools, Religious leaders in Politics, Religious political parties, Niqab/Burka under the age of 21, McDonalds,..any religious law..

Things I would make legal and decriminalize:

Alcohol, Weed, Homosexuality,...

hey hey wait a second, i like my mcflurries
Reply 6
Original post by thefatone
hey hey wait a second, i like my mcflurries

Mcflurry is OK, but their burgers are just so no oK
Original post by King !
Mcflurry is OK, but their burgers are just so no oK

meh i don't really go for burgers, i like chicken burgers xD, i usually go for 20 nuggets xD
Reply 8
Original post by thefatone
meh i don't really go for burgers, i like chicken burgers xD, i usually go for 20 nuggets xD

The nuggets are bad as well
If you want liberalism then you get McDonald's.

Nasty side effect, it's like a rash.
Original post by King !
The nuggets are bad as well

haha i'm too unhealthy whenever i go to mcdonalds xD
The future is for more Pakistanis to listen to people like Pervez Hoodbhoy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by chemting
The future is for more Pakistanis to listen to people like Pervez Hoodbhoy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True but Pakistani people instead listen to clerics who spread hate and ignorance
Reply 13
Bump
Original post by King !
True but Pakistani people instead listen to clerics who spread hate and ignorance

That's very true I'm afraid. It is Zia-ul-Haq's educational "Islamised reforms" that brought this about unfortunately. Hence, as you say, representative democracy is useless if a lot of people are fundamentalist retards that can be exploited by mullahs and politicians (no offence to any of Pakistanis here)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Build a wall.
Reply 16
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
Build a wall.

Where tough ?
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
Build a wall.

Make Pakistan Great Again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by King !
Where tough ?