The Student Room Group

Edexcel June 2015 mark schemes?

My teacher has given us C1, S1 and C2 papers to do over the holidays but no mark schemes.

Is there anywhere I can find them online as I would like to find out where I'm going wrong so I know what to revise more :smile:
Original post by Hollie_Jessop
My teacher has given us C1, S1 and C2 papers to do over the holidays but no mark schemes.

Is there anywhere I can find them online as I would like to find out where I'm going wrong so I know what to revise more :smile:

Not sre if trying to cheat or actually want to check where you've gone wrong ....
Reply 2
Original post by thefatone
Not sre if trying to cheat or actually want to check where you've gone wrong ....

I care about my A-Levels and want to do well. What would be the point in cheating? So I could get a well done from my teacher? That's not helpful to me :tongue:
I care about my A-Levels and want to do well. What would be the point in cheating? So I could get a well done from my teacher? That's not helpful to me :tongue:

Perhaps you should email or contact your teacher for the markschemes? If you explain your reasoning, they may give you access to them. Generally though, recent markschemes and papers from the previous year arent widely available on line as they're used for mock exams/PPEs, so I doubt you'll find them easily.

hmm... answers probably aren't widely available to students? since school might want to use them as mocks... but i guess if you post the papers here it'd be good practise for me and we could compare answers? might have to ask @Zacken for Statistics though
Reply 5
hmm... answers probably aren't widely available to students? since school might want to use them as mocks... but i guess if you post the papers here it'd be good practise for me and we could compare answers? might have to ask @Zacken for Statistics though

I recognised the paper and as I went through my notes after, it turns out we did it as a mock before in class like a year ago. Therefore, I have a sheet of "worked out solutions" that we went through after the test. Hopefully, I have done better than 19 out of 75 this time :biggrin: Thanks anyway
I recognised the paper and as I went through my notes after, it turns out we did it as a mock before in class like a year ago. Therefore, I have a sheet of "worked out solutions" that we went through after the test. Hopefully, I have done better than 19 out of 75 this time :biggrin: Thanks anyway

nice that's good
o.o i though i was bad when i did my c2 got 71/75 and i made 4 stupid mistakes
i crushed my head on the wall for being so foolish >_> not a good day
Reply 7
nice that's good
o.o i though i was bad when i did my c2 got 71/75 and i made 4 stupid mistakes
i crushed my head on the wall for being so foolish >_> not a good day

That result haunts me to this day. I remember it clearly because it was my first C1 test and as soon as I started getting into it the fire alarm went off:frown:
Anyway, after all the revision I have done hopefully it will be much much better.

By the way do you think it is worrying that we still have 2 modules left of C2 to finish and a couple of S1??? My teachers are so crap and tried to teach us S1 before C2 and then had to switch when they realised the C2 exam is first.....
Reply 8
Original post by backtraced
Perhaps you should email or contact your teacher for the markschemes? If you explain your reasoning, they may give you access to them. Generally though, recent markschemes and papers from the previous year arent widely available on line as they're used for mock exams/PPEs, so I doubt you'll find them easily.

Well we will be going through all the past papers they gave us after the Easter holidays so I guess I'll just wait for that. Thanks anyway
That result haunts me to this day. I remember it clearly because it was my first C1 test and as soon as I started getting into it the fire alarm went off:frown:
Anyway, after all the revision I have done hopefully it will be much much better.

By the way do you think it is worrying that we still have 2 modules left of C2 to finish and a couple of S1??? My teachers are so crap and tried to teach us S1 before C2 and then had to switch when they realised the C2 exam is first.....

yup

so how many is a couple? i mean i've just got 1 topic to finsh in M1 so you're probably behind a bit, but i guess i could teach you whatever C2 you have left? or maybe someone else could?
Reply 11
yup

so how many is a couple? i mean i've just got 1 topic to finsh in M1 so you're probably behind a bit, but i guess i could teach you whatever C2 you have left? or maybe someone else could?

Well we have 2 S1 topics left but they're easy and the exam is a while away so that is fine. We completely skipped logarithms for some reason and we haven't done Graphs of Trigonometric functions yet either.
Well we have 2 S1 topics left but they're easy and the exam is a while away so that is fine. We completely skipped logarithms for some reason and we haven't done Graphs of Trigonometric functions yet either.

I'd be happy to teach you logarithms, if you like. Provided you're doing the edexcel exam board that is - otherwise it might be slightly different.

I have to admit, it's rather strange the way they've decided to teach you in that order...
Reply 14

Edexcel have released the June 2015 papers and markschemes themselves.
Reply 15
Original post by backtraced
I'd be happy to teach you logarithms, if you like. Provided you're doing the edexcel exam board that is - otherwise it might be slightly different.

I have to admit, it's rather strange the way they've decided to teach you in that order...

I have watched videos online and things so I have a basic understanding. And yes, it is strange. When we were doing Geometric series we had to use logarithms and our teacher literally said "I know you haven't learnt this yet so you won't know why we're doing this but just trust me and copy what I do" Hahah The struggles of having 2 different maths teachers
Reply 16
I have watched videos online and things so I have a basic understanding. And yes, it is strange. When we were doing Geometric series we had to use logarithms and our teacher literally said "I know you haven't learnt this yet so you won't know why we're doing this but just trust me and copy what I do" Hahah The struggles of having 2 different maths teachers

That's horrid, you should just self-teach everything yourself. Examsolutions.net is a good site for this.
Reply 17
Original post by Zacken
That's horrid, you should just self-teach everything yourself. Examsolutions.net is a good site for this.

Great advice! That is just what I am doing right now. I have a PowerPoint of past papers sectioned into topics so I'm doing them and anything I can't do examsolutions clears it all up for me :smile:
Reply 18
Great advice! That is just what I am doing right now. I have a PowerPoint of past papers sectioned into topics so I'm doing them and anything I can't do examsolutions clears it all up for me :smile:

Sounds awesome, be sure to come in and ask questions on TSR whenever you need something clearing up.

Quick Reply

Latest