The Student Room Group

OCR English Literature- H072, H472

Discuss :smile:
Original post by Rhythmical
Discuss :smile:

Well if we look at the concept of this then we can understand that H072 and H472 are a fake :/

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
Well if we look at the concept of this then we can understand that H072 and H472 are a fake :/

Spoiler

I got worried then lol. Hello. I didn't realise you take English Lit? xD
I got worried then lol. Hello. I didn't realise you take English Lit? xD

i dont XD im just playing rofl
Reply 4
i dont XD im just playing rofl

Well now you're here, you might as well. And you're the only one that posted apart from me :frown:
Well now you're here, you might as well. And you're the only one that posted apart from me :frown:

XD
Reply 6
XD

I'll get you started on the basics.
I'll get you started on the basics.

alright ma'am
Reply 8
alright ma'am

Nah just kidding it's boring asf.
Nah just kidding it's boring asf.

oh :/
oh :/

Some of it is like the Middle English books that existed when dictionaries weren't available. Each word has a different spelling.
(edited 7 years ago)
Some of it is like the Middle English books that existed when dictionaries weren't available. Each word has a different spelling.

Chaucer is difficult but it's so fun. I remember having to study him in a medieval literature module at uni. It was so tough!

You should buy a texts-in-translation inter-linear one. It has the original language as the first sentence, then just underneath it has a modern version. (by modern I mean, Shakespearean modern). So it's still a bit trickier, but so much more easier at the same time!
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Chaucer is difficult but it's so fun. I remember having to study him in a medieval literature module at uni. It was so tough!

You should buy a texts-in-translation inter-linear one. It has the original language as the first sentence, then just underneath it has a modern version. (by modern I mean, Shakespearean modern). So it's still a bit trickier, but so much more easier at the same time!

Thank you! I found a good website so I'm using that because it is really hard but the story is very simple but due to the complexity of the language, can put some people off. It's funny because The Merchant's Tale is what my best essays have been on so I'm doing something right! I use York Notes as well and it helps with the characters.
BUMP! :biggrin:
Exam is on Friday 20th May. Is everyone prepared because I'm not!!

Quick Reply