The Student Room Group

Pakistani people! What is your vision for Pakistan's future ?

Scroll to see replies

I would say get rid of the corruption and there should be a government which provides good welfare for the citizens as well as protection and not just care about the money and the greed. It needs to concentrate on educating the youth so they can create a better Pakistan in the future, I am so not pleased with the current Pakistani government, they're too selfish and don't seem to want to make a major improvement.
Reply 41
Original post by Sana_Akram
I would say get rid of the corruption and there should be a government which provides good welfare for the citizens as well as protection and not just care about the money and the greed. It needs to concentrate on educating the youth so they can create a better Pakistan in the future, I am so not pleased with the current Pakistani government, they're too selfish and don't seem to want to make a major improvement.

What is your opinion about religion having so much leverage in Pakistan
Original post by King !
I think Bangladeshi people have more sense than Pakistanis. Hindus make up about 8% of Bangladesh and they are safe and face no persecution. Altough extremism is growing because of Saudi Arabia, but I hope things go in the reverse direction, The fact that they have recently dropped Islam as their state religion is a good sign.

Not entirely true I'm afraid. They (and Ahmadis) face no institutional (state-mandated) persecution... but there are crazies in Bangladesh. I don't know if you heard the brutal murders of secular bloggers in Bangladesh? I think most people suspect that Jamaat e Islam (which is the Islamist party in BD) was involved, and they in fact have very close ties with Pakistan and Saudi Arabia (specially funding-wide). The Supreme Court has banned this party in 2013 ... but you're right extremism is growing due to Saudi Arabia (and Pakistan's to a lesser extent) money.

I'm sorry to play with semantics but your last point isn't exactly true. Islam is still a "state religion" in Bangladesh, in the sense that the "national flower" is water-lily, "national fruit" is jackfruit, "national animal" is bengal tiger - its merely for show. But I think what you meant that it is secular as there is no religious laws and no religion in politics (and all religion has "equal status" in law), then yeah haha.
Reply 43
Original post by chemting
Not entirely true I'm afraid. They (and Ahmadis) face no institutional (state-mandated) persecution... but there are crazies in Bangladesh. I don't know if you heard the brutal murders of secular bloggers in Bangladesh? I think most people suspect that Jamaat e Islam (which is the Islamist party in BD) was involved, and they in fact have very close ties with Pakistan and Saudi Arabia (specially funding-wide). The Supreme Court has banned this party in 2013 ... but you're right extremism is growing due to Saudi Arabia (and Pakistan's to a lesser extent) money.

I'm sorry to play with semantics but your last point isn't exactly true. Islam is still a "state religion" in Bangladesh, in the sense that the "national flower" is water-lily, "national fruit" is jackfruit, "national animal" is bengal tiger - its merely for show. But I think what you meant that it is secular as there is no religious laws and no religion in politics (and all religion has "equal status" in law), then yeah haha.

I absolutely agree, but extremism is growing, but there is reasonable responses from the overwhelming population in Bangladesh
Original post by King !
What is your opinion about religion having so much leverage in Pakistan

An individual should have the freedom to follow whichever religion they want to, or if they choose not to follow any religion at all if that's what they want, regardless of what country they live in. I think it's wrong to impose a particular religion on people just because they live in a particular country. A person's religion or non-religion is their own choice and they should have the freedom to choose what they should follow. Pakistan tried to impose Islam on it's citizens and they are wrong just like any other country that does that.
(edited 7 years ago)
The McDonalds in Pakistan tastes SO much better.
The chicken here is like cardboard.

I agree with the rest.
I agree with all your points. Mainly with making Pakistan a secular country. If we can undo Zia-ul-Haq's damage, we can finally make some progress. The mullah's have too much influence in politics.

I'd also look to give those worse off in society a chance in life. They don't deserve to have themselves and their children after them forever stuck working as servants or worse as beggars.
Less gender disparity in education
Original post by King !
I absolutely agree, but extremism is growing, but there is reasonable responses from the overwhelming population in Bangladesh

Coincidentally, Bangladesh also had their own military dictator called Zia who wanted to Islamise the country and assumed power in 1977 (you really couldn't make this up :laugh:) - but he only lasted 4 years (he got his "response":wink:...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by Paktriot

I agree with the rest.

McDonalds is :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:. I would also ban KFC and Subway..
Fast food is rubbish
Original post by King !
McDonalds is :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:. I would also ban KFC and Subway..
Fast food is rubbish

Just don't eat there. Why are you ruining it for me?
Reply 51

I agree with the rest.

Do you also agree with the point no 4? I thought many people wud disagree with this idea
Reply 52
Just don't eat there. Why are you ruining it for me?

LOL I am just kidding:tongue:
Original post by King !
Do you also agree with the point no 4? I thought many people wud disagree with this idea

Yup, a bit like how Musharraf worked.
Reply 54
Original post by Lord Samosa
I agree with all your points. Mainly with making Pakistan a secular country. If we can undo Zia-ul-Haq's damage, we can finally make some progress. The mullah's have too much influence in politics.

I'd also look to give those worse off in society a chance in life. They don't deserve to have themselves and their children after them forever stuck working as servants or worse as beggars.

Do you agree with Point 4? I never knew so many people agreed with me
Reply 55
Yup, a bit like how Musharraf worked.

Why did not he outlaw all religious laws in Pakistan?:angry:
Original post by King !
Why did not he outlaw all religious laws in Pakistan?:angry:

You remember what happened with the Lal Masjid operation right? It's easier said than done.
Reply 57
Trying to think of something succinct to say but too much comes to mind...
Hopefully, a better cricket team too
Original post by King !
Do you agree with Point 4? I never knew so many people agreed with me

Hmm not sure, I mean is it really fair to force our views on everyone? It could perhaps fuel support for religious parties, as they'll be seen as fighting for the people.

I get your point though, if we have a leader like that, they'd need to have sufficient support in the country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest