The Student Room Group

Help on doing effective revision

Hi. Has anyone got any tips to help me revise more effectively and focus more. Also I am doing 23 exams but only have 8 GCSEs at the end:

-RE - 4 exams but one gcse
- Maths - 2 exams but one gcse
- English Language - 1 exam and 1 gcse
- English Literature - 2 Exams but 1 GCSE
- Further Maths - 2 exams but one gcse
- Computing - 1 exam and 1 GCSE
- Triple Science - 9 exams but 3 GCSEs
- Spanish - 2 exams but one GCSE

Its all in a month and a week and i need to work faster so i can do better got any tips to help work faster and more effectively.

Thanks
Original post by S.Rahman
Hi. Has anyone got any tips to help me revise more effectively and focus more. Also I am doing 23 exams but only have 8 GCSEs at the end:

-RE - 4 exams but one gcse
- Maths - 2 exams but one gcse
- English Language - 1 exam and 1 gcse
- English Literature - 2 Exams but 1 GCSE
- Further Maths - 2 exams but one gcse
- Computing - 1 exam and 1 GCSE
- Triple Science - 9 exams but 3 GCSEs
- Spanish - 2 exams but one GCSE

Its all in a month and a week and i need to work faster so i can do better got any tips to help work faster and more effectively.

Thanks

Hey there,
WOW what a lot of exams
First step- Prioritise revision to exam date
So say first exam is RE 1 and is the followed by computing the day after make sure that revision for RE 1 is done before computing

2nd Step- Revise in 30-45 min blocks with a 15 min break
Reason is that your brain will absorb more information

3rd step- PPQ are YOUR FRIEND
Its all well and good to know the info but when it comes to the exam you need to know how to answer the question- it can expose gaps in your knowledge that you need to revise and use the Mark schemes

4th Step
Try and revise whenever you can
Bring flashcards with you on the way home from school or whenever you have an appointment REALLY works

5th Step
Track your progress
There are certain subjects you are better at than others so concentrate revision on the weaker ones. Track your revision and make out a revision timetable or to do list. Tick off the topics as you complete them

Good Luck! Don't worry we have all been there with looming exams. I also had about 23 exams in a month and a bit. You'll survive but map out some free time as well you will really appreciate it
Reply 2
Original post by Naomi 2709
Hey there,
WOW what a lot of exams
First step- Prioritise revision to exam date
So say first exam is RE 1 and is the followed by computing the day after make sure that revision for RE 1 is done before computing

2nd Step- Revise in 30-45 min blocks with a 15 min break
Reason is that your brain will absorb more information

3rd step- PPQ are YOUR FRIEND
Its all well and good to know the info but when it comes to the exam you need to know how to answer the question- it can expose gaps in your knowledge that you need to revise and use the Mark schemes

4th Step
Try and revise whenever you can
Bring flashcards with you on the way home from school or whenever you have an appointment REALLY works

5th Step
Track your progress
There are certain subjects you are better at than others so concentrate revision on the weaker ones. Track your revision and make out a revision timetable or to do list. Tick off the topics as you complete them

Good Luck! Don't worry we have all been there with looming exams. I also had about 23 exams in a month and a bit. You'll survive but map out some free time as well you will really appreciate it

Thanks for the help really useful
Reply 3
I'm doing triple science too and we've got 6 exams. Which exam board are you with?

And random question, but have you completed the 2 courseworks for Computing?
Reply 4
Original post by 1rs
I'm doing triple science too and we've got 6 exams. Which exam board are you with?

And random question, but have you completed the 2 courseworks for Computing?

I do science with edexcel and i have 3 exams for each science so 3 for biology and so on also i did 4 tasks for coursework

Quick Reply

Latest