The Student Room Group

Where to go in Scotland?

besides Edinburgh? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Try asking on Thorntree
https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/forums/europe-uk-ireland/scotland

If you dont have a car then these people always got great reviews an a cheap way to see lots with an experienced guide in a limited time. Ask on thorntree for recs.
There shoul be posts on there with travelers favourite places.
http://www.haggisadventures.com/trips/scotland
Glasgow!!! Stick to the west end though :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Blondie987
Glasgow!!! Stick to the west end though :biggrin:

heard good things, where in the west end? :biggrin:
Original post by MsChantelle
heard good things, where in the west end? :biggrin:

If you kind of head for Byres road there are loads of wee boutiques and fab restaurants/cafes :biggrin:
Reply 5
If you kind of head for Byres road there are loads of wee boutiques and fab restaurants/cafes :biggrin:

Thanks, Im going solo so will find a small restaurant I think :banana:
Thanks, Im going solo so will find a small restaurant I think :banana:

Ashton lane and Cresswell Lane are good for that then, also Kelvingirve Art Gallery isn't far and that's a really cool pace to go too! :biggrin: good luck! Scotland is a fantastic place to visit
Reply 7
Ashton lane and Cresswell Lane are good for that then, also Kelvingirve Art Gallery isn't far and that's a really cool pace to go too! :biggrin: good luck! Scotland is a fantastic place to visit

Looks like it :biggrin: I want to find one that does haggis haha :colondollar: Will look at the gallery, I'm applying for Art History at uni so would be interesting!
Looks like it :biggrin: I want to find one that does haggis haha :colondollar: Will look at the gallery, I'm applying for Art History at uni so would be interesting!

The Ubiquitous Chip does good haggis, they have vegetarian haggis as well lol, just a word to the wise though, sit upstairs, it's way more expensive if you sit on the ground floor because the menu's different for whatever reason
Reply 9
besides Edinburgh? :smile:

The airport to fly back.
Reply 10
The Ubiquitous Chip does good haggis, they have vegetarian haggis as well lol, just a word to the wise though, sit upstairs, it's way more expensive if you sit on the ground floor because the menu's different for whatever reason

Thanks, I'll do that. Are there ever people sitting alone? :tongue:

Sub club in Glasgow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, I'll do that. Are there ever people sitting alone? :tongue:

Yeah definitely! If you're going for lunch it's not really busy so you won't have to worry about that anyway :biggrin:
The train station, " 'oot "
Glasgow is lovely :smile:
Do the Highlands interest you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Eternalflames
Glasgow is lovely :smile:
Do the highlands interest you?

Yes :smile: I dont have a car though, can I get anywhere by train? :smile:

Forget what all them man dems are saying just go to Aberdeen its a sick ting place trust me bare girls lookin at me cuz im black but its calm. City center is also nice

Yes you can, there are train routes through the Highlands :smile:
Glasgow, Balloch/Loch Lomond, some places in Ayrshire, highlands, isle of Arran. Plenty of fun and interesting things to do in Scotland :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Spock's Socks
Glasgow, Balloch/Loch Lomond, some places in Ayrshire, highlands, isle of Arran. Plenty of fun and interesting things to do in Scotland :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks :smile: Where would you go over 4 days out of those?

Quick Reply

Latest