The Student Room Group

Care Assistant Job - CRB Process Duration?

I recently inquired a job at a nursing home near me, with no experience in the field of health services, the nurse that was in charge there came to me about my inquiry of the job, but little did i know it was already an interview and she asked me why did I want to do the job, and so i said because I want to pursue a career in nursing and thought this would be the perfect place before I start my studies. but after a few questions etc, she seemed to be interested in me but I still had my doubts then if I had gotten the job or not, so after the interview, she told her administrator that I was a nice bloke and thought of giving me a shot and said I had passed the interview and gave me a DBS application form and so on, so I filled it up, came back the next day because I didn’t have my requirements for the DBS application and to my surprise when I came back she’s already introduced me to most of the registered nurses/care assistants that are working there and told me that I will be training with this gentleman here on this floor etc. so I thought well then, I think I aced the whole process of securing a care assistant position and I was told by her administrator that we’ll process this DBS application as soon as possible and we’ll contact you within 1 to 2 weeks so I waited…

And now a week and 2 days has passed now (Including the day I’ve posted this), I still have a positive attitude towards all of this because she seemed really promising and friendly but my question is, how long does the DBS application form process usually take? I hear it’s 1-2 weeks and what are the usual process for it? any thoughts?

EDIT: It’s a DBS Application Form actually sorry lol, huge mistake.
(edited 8 years ago)
Last I checked, CRB didn't exist anymore.

There are some "companies" that offer CRB checks, they are mostly scams.

It was discontinued a while ago. Now, the next closest thing is a DBS. And it should be within a week, I've heard of a couple of people taking 2 weeks, but I think they probably got their applications in on a Friday or something and it ended up going over a weekend or two that aren't working days.
Reply 2
Original post by XMaramena
Last I checked, CRB didn't exist anymore.

There are some "companies" that offer CRB checks, they are mostly scams.

It was discontinued a while ago. Now, the next closest thing is a DBS. And it should be within a week, I've heard of a couple of people taking 2 weeks, but I think they probably got their applications in on a Friday or something and it ended up going over a weekend or two that aren't working days.

EDIT: It’s a DBS Application Form actually sorry lol, huge mistake.

Oh and the administrator also told me to fill up an online application version of DBS which led me to “dbsassist.co.uk/ucheck/“. it asked for the organization reference, so I rang them up and got told it over the phone. After I finished the application online it gave me a reference number to be passed on to the administrator and so I did. am I on the right track here?

Thanks for your reply.
Reply 3
DBS can take up to three months. You just need to be patient. It's infuriating.
Original post by Mimir

Perhaps I was taken down some kind of "speedy-but-costs-a-bit-extra" route.
Reply 5
Original post by Mimir

Damn, that long? I think I lost hope a little :frown:
Original post by miloavocado
Damn, that long? I think I lost hope a little :frown:

If it's your first DBS, it can take up to the 3 months but the average waiting time is 6 weeks. It's usually longer at peak times like when people are applying for university courses that also need a DBS check done.
All you can do is be patient and ask your potential employer if there is any training or anything else you need to do while you're waiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I've done my first DBS check about 2 months ago, as a foreign citizen as well (expected it to take longer).
It took them about two/three weeks to get it all sorted, I wouldn't worry much :smile:
I think if you go here and fill all your details you'll be able to track the whole process (https://secure.crbonline.gov.uk/enquiry/enquirySearch.do)
* If you don't feel like clicking on links from random people, no worries the same link should come to you by [DBS] email anyway**

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending