The Student Room Group

I've started revising for my AS exams today. Too late?

My teacher said that the best time to start revision is February half term but I didn't.
Can I still get AAAB if I start revising now?

HOW MUCH revision should I do a day/weekends?

Subjects are English Lit, English Lang, Geography, Religious Studies

Thanks xx

Scroll to see replies

If you start now there's plenty of time... Have you woken up now or not gone to bed yet?
I started revising for my a2's a few days ago and I revise roughly 4hours a day from 12am

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by martinnmartin
If you start now there's plenty of time... Have you woken up now or not gone to bed yet?
I started revising for my a2's a few days ago and I revise roughly 4hours a day from 12am

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your reply, I was in such a panic!
I've been up since 4:30 so I'm catching up on everything.
4 hours a day is manageable to me.
Do you mean 12am in the morning or 12pm in the afternoon?
Reply 3
It's almost a bit too late. You still have if you revise like crazy and keep revising till the exams though. I started psych revision probably 2 weeks before my AS papers and I got an A but maybe psychology is just my forte, because I didnt do as well on maths or history.

Trick is to revise for a bit, take a few minutes break to let it all sink in, then revise again, and repeat. Download the app Flat Tomato it helps soo much with timing your revision as is best.
Original post by кяя
It's almost a bit too late. You still have if you revise like crazy and keep revising till the exams though. I started psych revision probably 2 weeks before my AS papers and I got an A but maybe psychology is just my forte, because I didnt do as well on maths or history.

Trick is to revise for a bit, take a few minutes break to let it all sink in, then revise again, and repeat. Download the app Flat Tomato it helps soo much with timing your revision as is best.

So too late would be May, I'm starting in April, good would have been around March.

So maybe I should expect AABB...
Original post by VioletFeather
So too late would be May, I'm starting in April, good would have been around March.

So maybe I should expect AABB...

When are your exams? Which subjects do you do? A2 exams are mid to late June so we basically have an extra month (assuming yours are in May of course)

As long as you work hard - no it isn't too late. Just make sure you revise effectively and don't rush (I tried to do all my revision materials over Easter and have ended up with a lot of cue cards but being unable to remember anything)

Good luck!
Reply 6
My teacher said that the best time to start revision is February half term but I didn't.

Thanks xx

Well, what would you do if we told you it was too late? It's hardly going to affect how much you revise from now on.

I've heard the grade boundaries for Geography exams are usually quite low but that shouldn't stop you working hard.

Do as many past papers and questions as you can! A-Levels are all about applying knowledge.

I take it you're on the reformed specification for A-Levels, so your AS grade counts as a separate qualification to your A2?

12am-4am, it's when I concentrate best

Posted from TSR Mobile
By the way of course it's not too late, during my AS exams I started a week before my exams and got an A in Law. It's all about how effectively you revise ( I got DDE in business economics and psychology so I'm retaking some units)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't even started yet because I have stupid mocks after the break in reformed subjects that I'm not even taking ASs in so I have to waste my time revising for them instead of the unreformed subjects which I have AS exams in.
Original post by NotMolly
I take it you're on the reformed specification for A-Levels, so your AS grade counts as a separate qualification to your A2?

I don't think geography is reformed yet but the other 3 are.
Whether it's to late varies from person to person...guess you will find out when you take your exam good luck OP :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
You guys sound like you're completely new to the AS course and you're just starting to learn it from scratch. OP, how did you even finish AS completely in Feb.? Throughout the year, I studied bit by bit so that now I'm familiar with everything. All I'm gonna do is finish all past papers that I didn't do before the exams start.

Thanks xx

Yes you can. You said tomorrow, JUST DO IT! but yes anyone can achieve that, only difference is people who choose to put in quality time and those who don't or those who don't put enough quality time in.

I prefer to to count revision in terms of work actually don bc when ppl say oh yea i did 4 hours derp derp, those hours can be unproductive, so the work you get done is a better indicator than time. However much work you need to get done to consistently achieve and A or a B
the time you have elft is between now and the exams. Whether its enough depends on how clever you are, how much work you have done already and how much work you do between now and then. You should know well enough from your practice exam paper scores whether you reach a sufficcient level to be on top. Id try and do as much as I could not to catcch up on my timetable and put me back on schedule.
Reply 15
Wtf, it's too early to start revising... TSR for you.

Thanks xx

Whether or not it is too late depends on you. If you've been organised throughout the year and kept on-top of things then you will be fine. I have only started around this break too because otherwise I'll finish everything too early and it'll just annoy me (although I am an A2 student).

It's not about the quantity of periods you do, it's about the quality of the revision done in them.
Original post by Zacken
Wtf, it's too early to start revising... TSR for you.

I generally agree with this.
Original post by martinnmartin

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really worried too I haven't started yet....will start today hopefully. I have been doing little bits throughout the year though but I have neglected psych ALL year and have absolutely no revision for it cause I hate it.

(my other subjects are maths, chem, biology)

most worried about biology, since it's OCR B and super hard.
I don't think 4 hours a day will be enough for me, probs need 4 hours per subject fml

Thanks xx

NOPE YOU SHOULD BE FINE
If you revise [proper revision] you will be fine
I didn't really start until the middle of April last year but my exams were all in June and i got AABB [ really messed up one of my exams for geography and left out a 12m so I got a B]

Quick Reply

Latest