The Student Room Group

Would you leave a woman if she didnt want to be pregnant?

Scroll to see replies

Leave.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I'm interested.

What about you is so brilliant that women should have to prove their worth to you, and make their wishes subordinate to yours?

To respond to the later first it's less in the manner you put it and more in the sense that i'm a decisive guy who enjoys being in control of events so it's more likely that (as with my exes) my wife would be on the submissive side and at any rate, to be in a relationship and get to that stage she'd have already expressed a wish to have a child.

To respond to the former, i am who am i am and have a number of personality traits which i both value myself and also believe that a future spouse will benefit from. I don't require a woman to prove herself deliberately but i'm not willing to settle and am willing to judge people so if a girl demonstrates attractive qualities these will make the prospect of the relationship lasting and her being deemed worthy of having my children much higher. Just as i will have succeeded in life, i expect my children to go on and do great things, possibly even enter politics and this requires them being taught superior values.
Original post by Rakas21
No.

I think adoption is a great thing from a moral standpoint and i'd go so far as to encourage it since i believe just about everybody should try raise a child but for me however i view the biological point of existence as being to both propagate the species with the genome of myself and a worthy partner but also to pass on my values, my mindset, my brilliance.

I stopped reading here :tongue:
As a girl, I feel like I need to weigh in here. I'm young, I have no clue if I even want to consider having kids and it's not the sort of thing I really want to think about right now. This is a BIG life desicion and to be honest a girl shouldn't have to tell you if she wants kids or not straight away, if things are getting serious then it's something to discuss. But if some people would seriously consider just getting rid of a girl because she doesn't like the thought of childbirth and is scared by the thought of it then you don't deserve her. If you think about it, the thought of pregnancy is terrifying, it is a huge physical change and experience for the female body to go through and you hear horror stories of the pain and things. It's scary and as a girl this is something we have to consider too! It seems quite selfish to just expect that from a woman.
Original post by Anonymous
How could you do that

No idea but I'd find a way.
Original post by Rakas21
To respond to the later first it's less in the manner you put it and more in the sense that i'm a decisive guy who enjoys being in control of events so it's more likely that (as with my exes) my wife would be on the submissive side and at any rate, to be in a relationship and get to that stage she'd have already expressed a wish to have a child.

To respond to the former, i am who am i am and have a number of personality traits which i both value myself and also believe that a future spouse will benefit from. I don't require a woman to prove herself deliberately but i'm not willing to settle and am willing to judge people so if a girl demonstrates attractive qualities these will make the prospect of the relationship lasting and her being deemed worthy of having my children much higher. Just as i will have succeeded in life, i expect my children to go on and do great things, possibly even enter politics and this requires them being taught superior values.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, but the way you put it across can make it seem like, well...

See here, this is, really, the same thing:

'I only want to be with a girl who I like.'

'I only want to be with a girl who meets my standards and can prove her worth to me.'

Both are saying the same thing; to like a girl, she would have to, by default, meet your standards and prove her worth. But outright saying it seems a bit, idk...

Pompous and narcissistic?
I don't disagree with what you're saying, but the way you put it across can make it seem like, well...

See here, this is, really, the same thing:

'I only want to be with a girl who I like.'

'I only want to be with a girl who meets my standards and can prove her worth to me.'

Both are saying the same thing; to like a girl, she would have to, by default, meet your standards and prove her worth. But outright saying it seems a bit, idk...

Pompous and narcissistic?

Meh. I am who i am (i'd not say i'm pompous but am apparently a little narcissistic).
Reply 27
Out the door (either her or I).
Reply 28
Original post by Lkathryn08
As a girl, I feel like I need to weigh in here. I'm young, I have no clue if I even want to consider having kids and it's not the sort of thing I really want to think about right now. This is a BIG life desicion and to be honest a girl shouldn't have to tell you if she wants kids or not straight away, if things are getting serious then it's something to discuss. But if some people would seriously consider just getting rid of a girl because she doesn't like the thought of childbirth and is scared by the thought of it then you don't deserve her. If you think about it, the thought of pregnancy is terrifying, it is a huge physical change and experience for the female body to go through and you hear horror stories of the pain and things. It's scary and as a girl this is something we have to consider too! It seems quite selfish to just expect that from a woman.

Perfectly happy to be labelled selfish and uncompromising with something as important as this. I expect most men would be the exact same also.
any guy who's saying leave - please just imagine what it would be like if you were the one who had to go through the terrifying process of pregnancy. having to carry another human being inside you the nine months. nine months of pain and discomfort and nausea. then at the end of it, hours of having your genitalia torn apart and having to push a human out of you. and then there's the often irreversible damage done to the body, the stretch marks, saggy-ness, weight gain. just imagine how you would feel if you had to go through that ordeal. potentially, more than once.
Reply 30
any guy who's saying leave - please just imagine what it would be like if you were the one who had to go through the terrifying process of pregnancy. having to carry another human being inside you the nine months. nine months of pain and discomfort and nausea. then at the end of it, hours of having your genitalia torn apart and having to push a human out of you. and then there's the often irreversible damage done to the body, the stretch marks, saggy-ness, weight gain. just imagine how you would feel if you had to go through that ordeal. potentially, more than once.

I imagine it's not particularly pleasant. Doesn't change my response though.
x

(female here) lol i agree with @Rakas21 its attractive when a guy acts superior but not the point he treats her like trash and doesnt think shes worth but he didnt say that he said he would find a wife with good traits so his children would be great. if he find a wife that shoes hes worth him then obviously she will value him and his children and be a good dedicated mother/wife. its just his opinion and people like me agree with it so dont get offended or debate it thinking its wrong. its good to have a wife like that as i believe men should be the superior and go out and earn the money wife the stays home and raises the kids to be the best they can. thats how children achieve best when they have their mothers and feel secure.
Reply 32

im only 18 but cant wait to be a mother one day and i want quite a few kids but that doesnt faze me, its natural and to me it would be worth it, its called motherhood :h:
Reply 33
Original post by Reue
Perfectly happy to be labelled selfish and uncompromising with something as important as this. I expect most men would be the exact same also.

While I don't personally agree with your conclusion, I fully endorse your method. Something so deeply personal must be governed by each person's authentic feelings. Why seek to denigrate someone for wanting different things to you; life is too short to choose to be unhappy, so I hardly think calling someone selfish for wanting biological children is reasonable. Still, if you ask teenagers a question you must expect teenage answers....
Try ivf?
As someone who's in a long term relationship and doesn't want kids (female) my partner is okay with it.
I've chosen to never have kids and has an operation to make it a permanent choice.
We've been together 4 years and before we got serious I told him I didn't want kids because I didn't think it was fair to not say right out, he accepted my choice and stayed with me.
We are both in our 30's so not like we are young and making the wrong choice.
Original post by Reue

I'm not saying that you have to stay with someone who seriously in the long term does not wish to have children if you want to. What I was saying was even if she's unsure, you must consider her perspective and what she has to go through. Some people need to be in the right place and time in their lives before they can even consider wanting to have kids and go through childbirth. It's not something to ditch someone over if they're in this position especially if you're only starting to get to know the person. Some people may need a supportive partner before they could be comfortable with pregnancy and the whole deal, not someone who's pressuring them into it because it's what they want. Are women just babymaking machines to you?
Reply 37
Original post by Lkathryn08
I'm not saying that you have to stay with someone who seriously in the long term does not wish to have children if you want to. What I was saying was even if she's unsure, you must consider her perspective and what she has to go through. Some people need to be in the right place and time in their lives before they can even consider wanting to have kids and go through childbirth. It's not something to ditch someone over if they're in this position especially if you're only starting to get to know the person. Some people may need a supportive partner before they could be comfortable with pregnancy and the whole deal, not someone who's pressuring them into it because it's what they want. Are women just babymaking machines to you?

My response was based off it being clear that she would never want to produce children. Whether that having been decided from the start or later on in the relationship.

I won't dignify your final question with a response.
Original post by RosyPearl
Try ivf?

do you know what ivf is?
Original post by Reue
My response was based off it being clear that she would never want to produce children. Whether that having been decided from the start or later on in the relationship.

I won't dignify your final question with a response.

My first post was not talking about people who would never want to produce children so given the response I would have thought that was your view on the matter...
I was representing people such as myself who are not in a place to make such a desicion right now.

Quick Reply

Latest