The Student Room Group

What makes non muslim men approach girls wearing the headscarf?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by akeel1022
answer to ur question
Praise be to Allaah.
Firstly: Sexual fantasies are among the thoughts that cross a person’s mind because it is something that is stored in the subconscious which is affected by the environment in which he lives and the scenes that he sees. These are thoughts that occur to most people, especially the youth, but they vary from one person to another with regard to their type, strength and effect. Islamic sharee’ah is the sharee’ah of the fitrah (natural state of man) and it is in harmony with human nature, and it takes into account the psychological fluctuation that Allaah has made a part of the human make-up. So it does not go beyond human limitations or impose impossible burdens. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Allaah burdens not a person beyond his scope”[al-Baqarah 2:286]
It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah has forgiven my ummah for whatever crosses their mind so long as they do not speak of it or act upon it.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2528)

and Muslim (127).Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said commenting on this hadeeth: Whatever crosses a person’s mind, so long as he does not dwell on it or continue to think of it, he is forgiven for it, according to scholarly consensus, because it does not happen voluntarily and he has no way of avoiding it. Al-Adhkaar (p. 345).
Passing fancies come under the heading of that which crosses a person’s mind, which is forgiven according to the hadeeth quoted above. So if a person imagines haraam things that came to his mind unbidden, there is no blame or sin on him, rather he has to ward them off as much as he can.

got it form muslim website

the fantasy thing I completely get, but getting off on other women naked takes you slightly out of the realm of sexual exclusivity in my opinion (When in a relationship that is).
Original post by Anonymous
the fantasy thing I completely get, but getting off on other women naked takes you slightly out of the realm of sexual exclusivity in my opinion (When in a relationship that is).

on the same website it says that if ur in a relationship and doit then it is a sin
Original post by Butternuts96
Yeah you're right. Khadija used to be a business woman and mix with men. At that same time, women didn't have to wear hijab. Alcohol was also allowed. You also didn't really have to focus in prayers during the early days of Islam. See where I'm going with this?

Eventually one by one the verses came down prohibiting this and prohibiting that. Freemixing is black and white forbidden with no difference of opinion amongst the scholars. To freemix with the opposite gender is part of the rare exception eg emergency rather than the norm and I challenge you to present evidences for your claim.

Don't make islamic claims from your desires and your limited knowledge. There are numerous verses and hadiths to prove this. You're literally making stuff up here.

Hijab, alcohol and prayers are clearly mentioned in the Quran. Where is interacting with the opposite gender when necessary forbidden in the Quran? Prove it please. Khadija was the backbone and intellect of Islam. God encourages women to be leaders and education is important, her immense wealth helped islam to expand. She challenged social norms at the time.

Also you haven't got back to me on why we aren't segregated during tawaf?

Sounds like Saudi Arabia is the
ideal place for you, where women there have no rights.
I refuse to believe that non-Muslim guys will approach random Hijab wearing woman trust me they never will they know the reason why you are wearing hijab is not get attention from Men in the first place.

The only reason I think you might be getting approach by them is if you invite, for example by being over flirty with them or this must be a troll thread :/

I dont flirt with guys at all, I don't have any guy friends, Ive never hanged around with guys. They approach me, that's the reason why it's mind boggling because I have never done what you are suggesting and God is my witness.
Original post by akeel1022
if your like me is looking for marriage how am i meant to tell difference between a whore and a a good muslim? but i was so confused, im going pakistan for marriage now

In Pakistan they might be worst and more cultural than religious. I don't think a girl is a whore unless you have visually seen her whoring around. There are good Muslims with akhlaq, respectable family and good morals. You don't seek it, God will send her to you when you least expect it. Have faith in Allah and work on being a better Muslim for now.
Yes you are right Islam lays strict boundaries and I think you're breaking them here. You gave a guy your number when it wasn't necessary and you're asking TSR what you should do. Should you proceed further into haram and ask him if he's interested? That's your question. This scenario is not professional and if you want to know someone, the boy must be Muslim and your wali must be present. He is neither Muslim nor is your wali present. You are attempting to justify your situation islamically but I'm sorry, there just isn't any.

I don't think you're liberal like the other person does but I certainly think you should stop what you're doing because it is haram.

This isn't dawah at all, you cannot talk to someone when Allah has forbidden you and give the excuse of dawah. If you want to give dawah, start with all the females in this female dominated work area? It's not dawah if you want a relationship, it's just desire.

Don't use the religion to justify your actions because this is exactly why people generalise all hijabis with a bad reputation. I've seen many good hijabis who stay from relationships but people view them with suspicion because of threads like this.

Firstly, I didn't give a guy my number. He emails me from time to time using the trust's email. So it's not like he couldn't have found me on there. He wanted me to educate him on something because I wouldn't see him again. I dealt with it professionally, in my view. I can't bring my wali to work, so i have quite limited choices here. It can be Dawah if the guy was intrigued by my faith and I enlightened him about Islam.
Hijab, alcohol and prayers are clearly mentioned in the Quran. Where is interacting with the opposite gender when necessary forbidden in the Quran? Prove it please. Khadija was the backbone and intellect of Islam. God encourages women to be leaders and education is important, her immense wealth helped islam to expand. She challenged social norms at the time.

Also you haven't got back to me on why we aren't segregated during tawaf?

Sounds like Saudi Arabia is the
ideal place for you, where women there have no rights.

Surah Nur verse 30-31 I think. Also, there are numerous hadiths regarding this. Check islamQA or muftisays or ANY other fatwa site for a comprehensive llist of evidences.

Again, you're speaking without evidences. Where does God encourage women to be leaders. Please show evidences. Islam is not just unwarranted "morals and ethics and love and peace" and "Just believe in God and pray and make all the rest of the rules up and it's all good". This is a reformation of Islam.

Third time I'm asking; give evidences to prove your point otherwise you're admitting that you're speaking from your own mind/desires.

Oh and regarding hajj; what's your point? That a physical barrier isn't in the way between men and women? Kinda impossible to perform hajj with this kind of segregation. Ain't it? If something gets in the way of an obligatory act, the rules become be relaxed. Or is your point that men and women are freely allowed to mix during hajj? Because that's not true at all. Men and women are still not allowed to mix at all; noone's said that. (Plus . . . your logic is flawed. We can't base religious rulings on the ACTIONS of people other than Muhammed, peace and prayers upon him, and his companions).

Don't forget to reply back with evidences rather than your own thoughts. Remember, Islam is a religion that brutally asks for evidences to define its religious boundaries. If it was up to other people's thoughts and desires to set the limits of Islam, then it's not really a religion from God is it? It's just a person's own intellectual and personal moral standards and beliefs.

Honestly, just pm me dude. I don't have anything against you; I'm just stating the facts here.
Surah Nur verse 30-31 I think. Also, there are numerous hadiths regarding this. Check islamQA or muftisays or ANY other fatwa site for a comprehensive llist of evidences.

Again, you're speaking without evidences. Where does God encourage women to be leaders. Please show evidences. Islam is not just unwarranted "morals and ethics and love and peace" and "Just believe in God and pray and make all the rest of the rules up and it's all good". This is a reformation of Islam.

Third time I'm asking; give evidences to prove your point otherwise you're admitting that you're speaking from your own mind/desires.

Oh and regarding hajj; what's your point? That a physical barrier isn't in the way between men and women? Kinda impossible to perform hajj with this kind of segregation. Ain't it? If something gets in the way of an obligatory act, the rules become be relaxed. Or is your point that men and women are freely allowed to mix during hajj? Because that's not true at all. Men and women are still not allowed to mix at all; noone's said that. (Plus . . . your logic is flawed. We can't base religious rulings on the ACTIONS of people other than Muhammed, peace and prayers upon him, and his companions).

Don't forget to reply back with evidences rather than your own thoughts. Remember, Islam is a religion that brutally asks for evidences to define its religious boundaries. If it was up to other people's thoughts and desires to set the limits of Islam, then it's not really a religion from God is it? It's just a person's own intellectual and personal moral standards and beliefs.

Honestly, just pm me dude. I don't have anything against you; I'm just stating the facts here.

You miss the point, God has permitted men and women to mix, such as in hajj. If God doesn't have an issue why would you! And if it's impossible to perform hajj without the two genders mixing as you say, then such a case would be relevant in today's modern society. You can't go about your daily life without interacting with the opposite gender.

The prophets daughter, Fatima was the leader of all men and women. Even Aisha was a great scholar. Sexism doesn't exist in Islam but in our backward society. Islam, in my opinion isn't a black and white religion. It's a spiritual one and allows you to be flexible under certain circumstances. Islam came down to make life easier.
You miss the point, God has permitted men and women to mix, such as in hajj. If God doesn't have an issue why would you! And if it's impossible to perform hajj without the two genders mixing as you say, then such a case would be relevant in today's modern society. You can't go about your daily life without interacting with the opposite gender.

The prophets daughter, Fatima was the leader of all men and women. Even Aisha was a great scholar. Sexism doesn't exist in Islam but in our backward society. Islam, in my opinion isn't a black and white religion. It's a spiritual one and allows you to be flexible under certain circumstances. Islam came down to make life easier.

*sighs" You still can't provide any evidences. When is Fatima ever the leader of all men and women? You're going a bit overboard here now, aren't you? Looking at how desperate you are, it becomes clear that there's a reason you post as "anonymous". Yes Aisha was a scholar but how did she mix with the men? There was always a barrier in the way. A full fledged curtain so the men couldn't see her at all. You quoting Aishah is going against your own argument.

Can you not see where you're going wrong with this? You're becoming quite a joke in this thread amongst the muslims. I'm not the only one who told you your actions are wrong. Why are you acting as though you were perfectly right in this scenario? This kind of arrogance is astonishing. You're going so far to try and justify your sin!

God has NOT permitted men and women to mix in hajj; lol. Everyone does their own hajj minding their own business. Men and women are not allowed to exchange contact details and speak with each other except in cases of emergencies.

KEY NOTE: Even though there is no physical barrier during hajj, is not the mahram of the women present at all times? Aha, got you there, even by using your own corrupt logic. Now you understand that we cannot make islamic rulings based on people's actions, no matter how many people do it.

You MAY BE a practicing muslim but you're ill informed of Islamic rulings so hopefully your sin counts as ignorance because you didn't know (And God doesn't count a sin if a person didn't know it was a sin). I was brought up the same way as you but then I sought knowledge; actually studied arabic and whatnot.

Spoiler

*sighs" You still can't provide any evidences. When is Fatima ever the leader of all men and women? You're going a bit overboard here now, aren't you? Looking at how desperate you are, it becomes clear that there's a reason you post as "anonymous". Yes Aisha was a scholar but how did she mix with the men? There was always a barrier in the way. A full fledged curtain so the men couldn't see her at all. You quoting Aishah is going against your own argument.

Can you not see where you're going wrong with this? You're becoming quite a joke in this thread amongst the muslims. I'm not the only one who told you your actions are wrong. Why are you acting as though you were perfectly right in this scenario? This kind of arrogance is astonishing. You're going so far to try and justify your sin!

God has NOT permitted men and women to mix in hajj; lol. Everyone does their own hajj minding their own business. Men and women are not allowed to exchange contact details and speak with each other except in cases of emergencies.

KEY NOTE: Even though there is no physical barrier during hajj, is not the mahram of the women present at all times? Aha, got you there, even by using your own corrupt logic. Now you understand that we cannot make islamic rulings based on people's actions, no matter how many people do it.

You MAY BE a practicing muslim but you're ill informed of Islamic rulings so hopefully your sin counts as ignorance because you didn't know (And God doesn't count a sin if a person didn't know it was a sin). I was brought up the same way as you but then I sought knowledge; actually studied arabic and whatnot.

Spoiler

so you're saying, that in this day and age, that we cannot mix with other gender? Are you not always mixing with other genders here on this forum? Not everything has to be sexual, it can be simply just talking professionally or socially.

the fact of the matter here is when you say, 'you're becoming a joke amongst the muslims' shows how segregated the ummah is. You are not one to judge, but to guide and help others, which i appreciate you are trying to do. But to degrade this woman to say she is lesser from another muslim and to say she is a joke, just shows why people are so afraid to open up to their sins because they are afraid of people like you slamming them and saying everything is a sin and that they are going to hell.
Original post by dbrownbeast
so you're saying, that in this day and age, that we cannot mix with other gender? Are you not always mixing with other genders here on this forum? Not everything has to be sexual, it can be simply just talking professionally or socially.

the fact of the matter here is when you say, 'you're becoming a joke amongst the muslims' shows how segregated the ummah is. You are not one to judge, but to guide and help others, which i appreciate you are trying to do. But to degrade this woman to say she is lesser from another muslim and to say she is a joke, just shows why people are so afraid to open up to their sins because they are afraid of people like you slamming them and saying everything is a sin and that they are going to hell.

Classic modern muslim saying "In this day and age". What was forbidden when Islam was introduced has not changed during it's later periods. If it has changed you must provide evidences.

No matter what sect you are, I've not seen the mainstream representatives from ANY of the sects allow freemixing except in cases of emergencies and men giving dawah to women. The only exception is from the modernists who want to reform the religion. If you want to make haram halaal, noone's judging you. Go ahead and do what you want. But if you call your actions as permissible and endorsed by Islam without evidence, you MUST provide evidence for it.

I wasn't slamming her for doing the sin at all. Retrace my comments on this thread dude. I merely demanded evidence for her islamic rulings and she got very much offended by it and defensive.

Noone's judging actions. According to an authentic narration, we are all sinners but the best of sinners are those who repent. However, it is up to each and everyone of us, if we have knowledge, to correct a brother/sister if they have wrong beliefs etc according to numerous Quranic verses and authentic hadiths.

Make sense?

Also, when did I call her a lesser muslim? Dude, relax bro, We're all in this together. You and her could end up being admitted into heaven whilst me into the fire. It all depends on God's mercy on the big Day.
Reply 92
I would never approach a woman in a hijab whether it's in the workplace or a public location so I am a bit surprised by this thread.
Also, when did I call her a lesser muslim? Dude, relax bro, We're all in this together. You and her could end up being admitted into heaven whilst me into the fire. It all depends on God's mercy on the big Day.

No, the thing is, we aren't.

some muslims (not saying you) are driven to say even the smallest things are haram and is a sin( I heard that chewing gum was a sin and other small petty things), but im not educated enough to have a proper debate so, I will leave now.

But last thing is, you dont know this girl personally, only evidence you have on her is what she's written here. You don't know her intentions or what happened, so i suggest stop saying that she is trying to justify her sin, because at the end of the day, she will only know that herself.

Salam Wa-Alakum
No, the thing is, we aren't.

some muslims (not saying you) are driven to say even the smallest things are haram and is a sin( I heard that chewing gum was a sin and other small petty things), but im not educated enough to have a proper debate so, I will leave now.

But last thing is, you dont know this girl personally, only evidence you have on her is what she's written here. You don't know her intentions or what happened, so i suggest stop saying that she is trying to justify her sin, because at the end of the day, she will only know that herself.

Salam Wa-Alakum

No legitimate islamic source said that chewing gum is haram. Check islamQA on freemixing or muftisays or any other mufti (an islamic rule explainer dude) for real islam. You'll also find that this sister HAS gone against islamic FUNDAMENTALS.

You're right, we only have the story she wrote on here. And using that and that alone, she has shown to have committed a sin which NOBODY disagrees with. She then goes on to justify the sin using her own logic without using islamic evidences. Every muslim knows that our religion is based on God's words, not human being's intellect/actions. The problem is not her action because we are all sinners. The problem is her belief that what she is doing is halal when it is in fact outright haram. The BELIEF needs to change.

Two reasons you put a criminal in prison. If he knows it's wrong, it's for PUNISHMENT. If he thinks that his crime was okay to do, the judge is HARSHER and puts him in prison for REHABILITATION (so the criminal can learn that what they have done is wrong.

You and the sister, both, are accusing me of wanting to PUNISH her but instead, my aim is REHAB.

Besides her over-defensiveness and stubborness to admit that I'm wrong. she is absolutely ignoring my request for her to provide evidences. She knows there is no physical evidence to support her claims. And if she did have an OUNCE of knowledge on the matter she was speaking on, she would not have hesitated to give me just ONE direct Quranic verse/authentic hadith to show that this kind of freemixing is allowed. Rather she made generic statements based on the actions of people.

Did I explain that well enough for you to understand, dude?
It's not as bad as the media makes it out to be! My family are civilised lol

Will your family allow you to have a serious relationship with a non-Muslim?

Do you like the guy or you are just excited about the interests at work?
No legitimate islamic source said that chewing gum is haram. Check islamQA on freemixing or muftisays or any other mufti (an islamic rule explainer dude) for real islam. You'll also find that this sister HAS gone against islamic FUNDAMENTALS.

You're right, we only have the story she wrote on here. And using that and that alone, she has shown to have committed a sin which NOBODY disagrees with. She then goes on to justify the sin using her own logic without using islamic evidences. Every muslim knows that our religion is based on God's words, not human being's intellect/actions. The problem is not her action because we are all sinners. The problem is her belief that what she is doing is halal when it is in fact outright haram. The BELIEF needs to change.

Two reasons you put a criminal in prison. If he knows it's wrong, it's for PUNISHMENT. If he thinks that his crime was okay to do, the judge is HARSHER and puts him in prison for REHABILITATION (so the criminal can learn that what they have done is wrong.

You and the sister, both, are accusing me of wanting to PUNISH her but instead, my aim is REHAB.

Besides her over-defensiveness and stubborness to admit that I'm wrong. she is absolutely ignoring my request for her to provide evidences. She knows there is no physical evidence to support her claims. And if she did have an OUNCE of knowledge on the matter she was speaking on, she would not have hesitated to give me just ONE direct Quranic verse/authentic hadith to show that this kind of freemixing is allowed. Rather she made generic statements based on the actions of people.

Did I explain that well enough for you to understand, dude?

Again, you are taking what I'm saying out of context, I know fully well that chewing gum isnt haram lol.

I never said you were trying to 'punish' her all i was saying is that there is no need to say she is a joke amongst muslims and that you don't know her intentions. Simple.

I appreciate your replies brother/sister (sorry im new).
I've understood everything you've said before you don't need to explain it any further.
Butternut96, I'm not disagreeing with you about free mixing and I know it is not permitted unless you don't have a choice, for instance at work in my case. Islam doesn't have a problem with women working in a mixed environment as long as she's working with the right intention because ultimately god judges the intention. The Quran tells the believing men and women to guard their modesty, which I try to do when I cover myself and by the way I conduct myself in public, alhamdillah. I don't need you to be so judgmental, live and let live. I feel like Muslims who say things are haram when they're not are the biggest hypocrites ever, look at those ruling Saudi Arabia for example. You are way overcomplicating the problem. Anyway if you feel so passionate about this then maybe start a thread of your own. End of.
Original post by Wired_1800
Will your family allow you to have a serious relationship with a non-Muslim?

Do you like the guy or you are just excited about the interests at work?

The case isn't whether my family will allow me or not to be in a relationship with a non-Muslim. I prefer to be with someone who has some similar beliefs and can relate to my culture. A matter of preference really.
I dont flirt with guys at all, I don't have any guy friends, Ive never hanged around with guys. They approach me, that's the reason why it's mind boggling because I have never done what you are suggesting and God is my witness.

ok that's very strange

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending