The Student Room Group

Would you leave a woman if she didnt want to be pregnant?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Lkathryn08
My first post was not talking about people who would never want to produce children so given the response I would have thought that was your view on the matter...
I was representing people such as myself who are not in a place to make such a desicion right now.

But I would expect you to make the decision eventually (by the time you reached the age I am now at latest) and would expect you to want to have children. You're saying it's selfish to expect that and I agreed but still maintain my position.

If a girl got to 28 and still either didn't know or decided she didn't want children ever then it would be time to part ways.
Original post by Anonymous
Say you were in a relationship with a woman who, like you, wanted kids. However she really didnt want to go through 9 months of pregnancy of a baby growing inside her and she would rather adopt. Would you stay with her and be happy with adopted kids or would you leave?

For me that is not a reason to leave her. As long as our relationship is harmonic and trustful, I would not give it up.
Original post by Kallisto
For me that is not a reason to leave her. As long as our relationship is harmonic and trustful, I would not give it up.

For me it's somewhat dependent on whether or not you believe in 'The One' or several. It may be painful to leave her but i believe there are quite a few women you can love in your life and so holding out for one who also wants to produce your heir is valid.
(female here) lol i agree with @Rakas21 its attractive when a guy acts superior but not the point he treats her like trash and doesnt think shes worth but he didnt say that he said he would find a wife with good traits so his children would be great. if he find a wife that shoes hes worth him then obviously she will value him and his children and be a good dedicated mother/wife. its just his opinion and people like me agree with it so dont get offended or debate it thinking its wrong. its good to have a wife like that as i believe men should be the superior and go out and earn the money wife the stays home and raises the kids to be the best they can. thats how children achieve best when they have their mothers and feel secure.

>'it's attractive when a guy acts superior'
>'I believe men should be the superior [sex]'
>'men should go out and earn the money and the wife stays home and raises the kids'

Hello 1950s.

Coming from a woman too! Advocating your own inferiority! How about that for a change?

Well, I always strive for ultimate happiness in everything, which is why I think you and @Rakas21 would make a perfect couple!

:colonhash:
Original post by Reue
But I would expect you to make the decision eventually (by the time you reached the age I am now at latest) and would expect you to want to have children. You're saying it's selfish to expect that and I agreed but still maintain my position.

If a girl got to 28 and still either didn't know or decided she didn't want children ever then it would be time to part ways.

Obviously you have to make that decision eventually but when I say be in the right place, it might not just be age, what if you're mentally not ready regardless of age? What if people want to achieve more in terms of the careers in their own lives before wanting kids? I'm 19 so I don't know now and don't have a clue when I'll be at a place when I can make a decision. You may have a life plan but it may not end up that way you wanted it to and kids are a part of that and it can change. I can see where you're coming from and it may be annoying if you're certain and they are not but sometimes you have to be patient with people, they may not be ready yet but they might be one day.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
>'men should go out and earn the money and the wife stays home and raises the kids'

Hello 1950s.

Coming from a woman too! Advocating your own inferiority! How about that for a change?

Well, I always strive for ultimate happiness in everything, which is why I think you and @Rakas21 would make a perfect couple!

Ha. Bar about 5 years when she'd be spitting them out i actually expect the future wife to work somewhat so i'm a bit more modern.

Women do like a man who values themselves though which i think is what she meant. There are also plenty of women even today who are happy to be the more submissive type and let the guy make the decisions which pleases me.
Original post by Lkathryn08
Obviously you have to make that decision eventually but when I say be in the right place, it might not just be age, what if you're mentally not ready regardless of age? What if people want to achieve more in terms of the careers in their own lives before wanting kids? I'm 19 so I don't know now and don't have a clue when I'll be at a place when I can make a decision. You may have a life plan but it may not end up that way you wanted it to and kids are a part of that and it can change. I can see where you're coming from and it may be annoying if you're certain and they are not but sometimes you have to be patient with people, they may not be ready yet but they might be one day.

I think R is suggesting that the type of woman who puts her career first is not the type for him.
Original post by Abstract_Prism

Hello 1950s.

its my opinion get over it. i like to think i have more traditional views. but @Rakas21 fair enough working when the kids are finally in school, im hoping to do that but would you really want your wife to work if you have a one year old and two year old in the house?
Original post by Rakas21
Ha. Bar about 5 years when she'd be spitting them out i actually expect the future wife to work somewhat so i'm a bit more modern.

Women do like a man who values themselves though which i think is what she meant. There are also plenty of women even today who are happy to be the more submissive type and let the guy make the decisions which pleases me.

It's true, there are lots of women who prefer to be submissive.

I always thought there was a difference between being submissive and being inferior though, a difference between valuing yourself and feeling superior.

Out of curiosity, what would you do if you've had children, then your wife turns around and says she doesn't want to work, even if she said prior that she would?
Tbh I would leave someone if they wanted children..... I'm for adoption, but not so soon! I don't really want children, ever, but you never know. That maternal instinct might kick in at some point, but I'm just not feeling it atm.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 50
Say you were in a relationship with a woman who, like you, wanted kids. However she really didnt want to go through 9 months of pregnancy of a baby growing inside her and she would rather adopt. Would you stay with her and be happy with adopted kids or would you leave?

I would much prefer someone I can have my own child with and if my partner doesn't feel the same way, I'd feel disheartened but try to compromise and if it doesn't work I'd probably consider adoption.
do you know what ivf is?

Nah I don't
Original post by Rakas21
For me it's somewhat dependent on whether or not you believe in 'The One' or several. It may be painful to leave her but i believe there are quite a few women you can love in your life and so holding out for one who also wants to produce your heir is valid.

Depends on whether I want that a women 'produces' the heir of my own. Right now, I would not even adopt a child. I am a bit insecure.
Unless they were literally like 'the one' perfection 100/10, like soul mate level. I wouldn't allow myself to get that far with her as I know we'd clash and I wouldn't want to force them, so I'd leave.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending