The Student Room Group

Changing A Levels now

Would you be allowed to change a levels now? I am not enjoying my A Levels (Biology, History, Geography and Economics). I do not want to do Biology and History anymore and would rather take up Maths and Computer Science A Levels. Therefore, I would have to take an extra year to complete Maths and Computer Science however I do not think AS and A2 (I will carry on Economics and Geogrpahy during Year 13) are compatible. Or is it recommended that I restart Year 12 with my desired subjects at a different college/sixth form. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by aj122
Would you be allowed to change a levels now? I am not enjoying my A Levels (Biology, History, Geography and Economics). I do not want to do Biology and History anymore and would rather take up Maths and Computer Science A Levels. Therefore, I would have to take an extra year to complete Maths and Computer Science however I do not think AS and A2 (I will carry on Economics and Geogrpahy during Year 13) are compatible. Or is it recommended that I restart Year 12 with my desired subjects at a different college/sixth form. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I think it is extremely unlikely that any college would allow you to change at this point. I'd start afresh in September, but your school/college is the one to ask about this.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I think it is extremely unlikely that any college would allow you to change at this point. I'd start afresh in September, but your school/college is the one to ask about this.

Could you potentially just say to the college that I want to leave now and start again in year 12 or would that be a problem? However, I want to avoid starting again as I would potentially be repeating AS economics and this would be viewed as a retake when applying for university and could hinder my application.
Original post by aj122
Could you potentially just say to the college that I want to leave now and start again in year 12 or would that be a problem? However, I want to avoid starting again as I would potentially be repeating AS economics and this would be viewed as a retake when applying for university and could hinder my application.

Your college's policies will be up to them. It's impossible for me to say what they will allow and what they won't, because they all have their own rules. You could continue with A2 economics and start the other two from scratch in September if they will allow this, which will solve your problem, but it is up to them whether they will allow this or even if they can timetable it. You're going to have to discuss this with them, not us.

Quick Reply

Latest