The Student Room Group

Investment management salaries at banks

What is the pay like for analysts, associates, VPs workin in the investment management/asset management divisions of banks like JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, BNY Mellon?
I can't find any info online. Also, is it still considered front office?
Original post by biglad2k16
What is the pay like for analysts, associates, VPs workin in the investment management/asset management divisions of banks like JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, BNY Mellon?
I can't find any info online. Also, is it still considered front office?

It's not 'traditional' front office in the same sense as S&T, IBD and Research but it is revenue generating, so technically, yes - front office.

Don't have concrete figures but from what I've heard base is similar to slightly lower than the rest of FO starting, and bonus is quite a bit lower for the first couple of years. After the VP+ stage pay will depend on performance, with Portfolio Managers having the highest upside.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure about those banks specifically but of the people I know who went into Asset Management (albeit a small sample size) starting salaries are somewhere in the region of late 30s to mid 40s (think 36-45ish) and after 3 years 45-60ish, can't comment on bonuses though. Hope that helps!

Edit: Don't take this as gospel, it's anecdotal and my friends could've been modest or exaggerating.
(edited 8 years ago)

Awfully inaccurate! Especially as some people put their wage under 'Analyst' or 'Associate' with no indication of which division they work in. What you get is some hodge podge average of all divisions that is pretty much useless. Although, the 'Investment Banking Analyst' entries are quite accurate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Earl Campbell
Not sure about those banks specifically but of the people I know who went into Asset Management (albeit a small sample size) starting salaries are somewhere in the region of late 30s to mid 40s (think 36-45ish) and after 3 years 45-60ish, can't comment on bonuses though. Hope that helps!

Edit: Don't take this as gospel, it's anecdotal and my friends could've been modest or exaggerating.

They weren't boasting. Seems about in-line with what offers I've seen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
You can make better money trapping mate
Reply 7
Original post by Princepieman
It's not 'traditional' front office in the same sense as S&T, IBD and Research but it is revenue generating, so technically, yes - front office.

Don't have concrete figures but from what I've heard base is similar to slightly lower than the rest of FO starting, and bonus is quite a bit lower for the first couple of years. After the VP+ stage pay will depend on performance, with Portfolio Managers having the highest upside.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Earl Campbell

Thnx guys
Just to add what others have put excellently before me, I can say that starting salaries for AM in BBs is around 45k while for pure AMs they offer just below 40k with some as low(contextually) as 30k. Hope that helps and i'm not just repeating what others have said!
How does BlackRock compare to AM at a BB bank?
Original post by Breakingbank
How does BlackRock compare to AM at a BB bank?

Slightly less pay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending