The Student Room Group

I forgot to write i am resitting one unit of chemistry chem1 but i already have offer

So I just remember I forgot to write about me resitting chem unit 1 cause I got C in it, I however already wrote in UCAS I got C but forgot to mention I will be resitting it. What should I do ? Should I firm my offer first or tell them about it first and who should I talk to ? Plz Help I am worried my offer might be withdrawn for this :frown:(
I still got an A overall , and it was because I decided to resit it only after I already sent my UCAS application
Original post by koolgurl14
So I just remember I forgot to write about me resitting chem unit 1 cause I got C in it, I however already wrote in UCAS I got C but forgot to mention I will be resitting it. What should I do ? Should I firm my offer first or tell them about it first and who should I talk to ? Plz Help I am worried my offer might be withdrawn for this :frown:(

Contact the university and ucas first.

If they gave you an offer on the basis of a C without your saying you are going to resit it, then resitting it now is only going to be a bonus, so they aren't going to withdraw their offer on that basis. However, they do need to know because it will cause confusion on results day when they can't match up your results properly so email Ucas at [email protected]. Once they confirm that they've updated their records let all of your universities know about the mistake and correction.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
If they gave you an offer on the basis of a C without your saying you are going to resit it, then resitting it now is only going to be a bonus, so they aren't going to withdraw their offer on that basis. However, they do need to know because it will cause confusion on results day when they can't match up your results properly so email Ucas at [email protected]. Once they confirm that they've updated their records let all of your universities know about the mistake and correction.

Do you think I should do this before firming them or after ? I really don't want to give them a reason to withdraw the offer if you get what I mean cause it is currently my only offer for medicine.
Do you think I should do this before firming them or after ? I really don't want to give them a reason to withdraw the offer if you get what I mean cause it is currently my only offer for medicine.

Honesty is the best policy, so do it asap would be my instinct, but I really don't think they are going to withdraw an offer on this basis, given all the other hoops you will have jumped through. It only improves your position really. If they gave you a medicine offer when you have a C in one unit, you must have many counterbalancing qualities which made them give you the offer in the first place. If you are worried, call them up and ask in general terms about it, avoiding giving your name if possible. I'm pretty sure you won't meet a problem. Many people decide to resit late on in the school year and you are just one of those, really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending