The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

anybody University of leeds FIRMED or unconditional?

Hey! I've just confirmed my place for pharmacology at leeds 2016, wondering if anybody else if definitely or most probably going to leeds? would love to get to know some of you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I haven't firmed yet but I'm pretty set on Leeds for Computer Science. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Haven't done so but most likely gonna firm it after I hear back from 1 last uni :biggrin: (for Mechanical Engineering btw :biggrin:)

btw is anyone here looking at: Sentinel Tower, Leodis, Tannery or Central village for accommodation? XD (I still haven't decided which one to apply for)
I have firmed for Mathematics!:smile:
Probably will firm for Econ + Geog after I hear back from Exeter. They'll most likely reject me again .-.
Firmed for English and Comparative Literature, still undecided on accommodation though.
Reply 6
Original post by Insomulus
I haven't firmed yet but I'm pretty set on Leeds for Computer Science. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh awesome, whereabouts are you from?
Reply 7
Original post by ao_no_exorcist21
Haven't done so but most likely gonna firm it after I hear back from 1 last uni :biggrin: (for Mechanical Engineering btw :biggrin:)

btw is anyone here looking at: Sentinel Tower, Leodis, Tannery or Central village for accommodation? XD (I still haven't decided which one to apply for)

Central village is over subscribed apparently. I'm looking at sentinel towers too, but also the new one, cityside. Have you considered cityside? looks sooo nice
Reply 8
Original post by ElleBennett
Firmed for English and Comparative Literature, still undecided on accommodation though.

Yea me too, but application doesnt have to be in for a couple months luckily.what are you leaning towards?
Reply 9
Original post by kaytaylou
ive firmed leeds for history!

Cool! whereabouts you from and what accommodation are you looking at?
Reply 10
Original post by Ayaz789
I have firmed for Mathematics!:smile:

ooooh smartie. whereabouts are you from and what accommodation are you leaning towards?
Firmed for Aerospace Engineering. I WAS going to apply for Central Village / CitySide, but knowing the high demand (and my luck), I don't know if I want to chance getting neither and ending up way off campus. Decisions...
Original post by NancyRoseC
Yea me too, but application doesnt have to be in for a couple months luckily.what are you leaning towards?

Yeah there's still a while to decide, but definitely looking at self-catered. I was looking at Central Village but there's thing on the info page saying that there are building works nearby and there might be noise pollution, so not really sure what to make of that. Mostly leaning towards Henry Price, Sentinel Towers or the Tannery :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Zziwa
Firmed for Aerospace Engineering. I WAS going to apply for Central Village / CitySide, but knowing the high demand (and my luck), I don't know if I want to chance getting neither and ending up way off campus. Decisions...

Ah I know it's a tough one! I think I'll apply for cityside just because honestly I'm a bit of germaphobe and knowing that nobody has had sex in my room makes me REALLY happy. Ah I wish I could just know NOW what accommodation you get! Too much of a wait unitl july..
Reply 14
Yeah there's still a while to decide, but definitely looking at self-catered. I was looking at Central Village but there's thing on the info page saying that there are building works nearby and there might be noise pollution, so not really sure what to make of that. Mostly leaning towards Henry Price, Sentinel Towers or the Tannery :smile:

I get killer headaches so i avoided central village for that reason alone. Hopefully it won't be TOO noisy, and they're just saying that so people can't say they had no heads up. I liked sentinel towers and the tannery, both a steep uphill journey to campus tho :')
I get killer headaches so i avoided central village for that reason alone. Hopefully it won't be TOO noisy, and they're just saying that so people can't say they had no heads up. I liked sentinel towers and the tannery, both a steep uphill journey to campus tho :':wink:

Well the uphill climb is one way to try and get fit! I think I'll probably go for Henry Price as it's on campus, pretty close to everything. What are you studying?
Ah I know it's a tough one! I think I'll apply for cityside just because honestly I'm a bit of germaphobe and knowing that nobody has had sex in my room makes me REALLY happy. Ah I wish I could just know NOW what accommodation you get! Too much of a wait unitl july..

I'm pretty germaphobic myself and even contemplated going for a studio flat until I realised that I don't have funds to burn :ashamed2: Guess I'll have to see on the viewing day this month. My current halls experience is telling me to try for CitySide, because it's brand new.

...I should probably let it be known that I started university last September. I'm transferring to Leeds because they have my course :biggrin:
Reply 17
Well the uphill climb is one way to try and get fit! I think I'll probably go for Henry Price as it's on campus, pretty close to everything. What are you studying?

pharmacology! applied for medicine last year then realised I don't have the people skills to be a doctor! let me know how the open day goes. I'm out of the country for most of april so couldnt make it!
Reply 18
Original post by Zziwa
I'm pretty germaphobic myself and even contemplated going for a studio flat until I realised that I don't have funds to burn :ashamed2: Guess I'll have to see on the viewing day this month. My current halls experience is telling me to try for CitySide, because it's brand new.

...I should probably let it be known that I started university last September. I'm transferring to Leeds because they have my course :biggrin:

ooh why the transfer? I'd get a studio but worried i'd become a social hermit, stay in my room and not make friends!
ooh why the transfer? I'd get a studio but worried i'd become a social hermit, stay in my room and not make friends!

Makes sense! I'm doing astrophysics @ Kent right now; I had Southampton and Manchester as my firm and insurance last year (both aerospace eng.), but got absolutely destroyed by my A2 exams. Went through clearing and told myself, "Maybe astrophysics won't be so bad!" Took about two weeks to realise that I hated the course :shot:

Quick Reply

Latest