The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How I do not miss having periods :nah: The injection is a wonderous invention
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rhythmical
I meant *not and thank you, I've never heard of them. I've tried other pills but they're awful and half of the time they never work. Like February - March time, I had a period three times but I'm not surprised as it's always been dodgy although it used to be regular for a while.

I believe Norethisterone can also be used to help regulate your periods, maybe it would be worth asking your doctor about it? :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
I believe Norethisterone can also be used to help regulate your periods, maybe it would be worth asking your doctor about it? :smile:

Might do, I'm taking iron supplements at the moment but it's so frustrating, it's not even time of the month anymore! I can't remember if I took the Pill or not, that obviously didn't work.
Might do, I'm taking iron supplements at the moment but it's so frustrating, it's not even time of the month anymore! I can't remember if I took the Pill or not, that obviously didn't work.

I take iron supplements as well, it's annoying having to remember all these things just to feel a bit better!
I take iron supplements as well, it's annoying having to remember all these things just to feel a bit better!

Yeah it is, do you take ferrous sulphate? I've been given them again after so many years and hopefully they will work again. It takes months though to get the iron restored in your body. I was really bad because I didn't start eating them until this week properly which is bad. I crush them in my mouth and swallow as I have a fear of tablets O.o
Yeah it is, do you take ferrous sulphate? I've been given them again after so many years and hopefully they will work again. It takes months though to get the iron restored in your body. I was really bad because I didn't start eating them until this week properly which is bad. I crush them in my mouth and swallow as I have a fear of tablets o.O

I'm not sure, I take Spatone iron supplements. They are basically just little sachets of iron-rich water which you mix and drink with fruit juice. They might be better for you if you don't like taking tablets? :smile:
I'm not sure, I take Spatone iron supplements. They are basically just little sachets of iron-rich water which you mix and drink with fruit juice. They might be better for you if you don't like taking tablets? :smile:

My sister used to take Ovaltine which are gross. I'm really bad with vitamins in sachets, I hate the taste!
My sister used to take Ovaltine which are gross. I'm really bad with vitamins in sachets, I hate the taste!

Well if you mix it with a juice you like then you can't really taste it :tongue:
Well if you mix it with a juice you like then you can't really taste it :tongue:

Really? I get put off by the smell of medicine or even the look, does it look ok?
(edited 8 years ago)
Really? I get put off by the smell ofmedicine or even the look, does it look ok?

Yeah, Spatone is basically just ordinary water but with A LOT of iron in it, it's still clear :smile:
Yeah, Spatone is basically just ordinary water but with A LOT of iron in it, it's still clear :smile:

Are you able to eat foods with iron in it?
Are you able to eat foods with iron in it?

Me personally or people in general? :smile:
Me personally or people in general? :smile:

Yourself as you mentioned Spatone has a lot of iron and I know my doctors told me that to avoid heavy iron enriched foods as it can be toxic.
Yourself as you mentioned Spatone has a lot of iron and I know my doctors told me that to avoid heavy iron enriched foods as it can be toxic.

I don't really pay attention to the iron content of my food honestly. Then again, my diet isn't particularly healthy so I probably don't eat many iron rich foods anyway :colondollar:
Mines on it's way I feel for you :frown:
:hugs:
I don't really pay attention to the iron content of my food honestly. Then again, my diet isn't particularly healthy so I probably don't eat many iron rich foods anyway :colondollar:

I'm starting to eat healthier and when I felt that something was up with my body, I got out of bed and ate cereal as it has iron in it.
I'm starting to eat healthier and when I felt that something was up with my body, I got out of bed and ate cereal as it has iron in it.

It's great that you're starting to eat more healthily now :h:
Reply 37
Original post by Dirty Dawah
you know you spend too much time on TSR when your periods begin to sync :rofl:

:rofl: just died

Looool
It's great that you're starting to eat more healthily now :h:

Yeah, I got so scared. Like sometimes I struggle revising because my brain won't take anything in.
Reply 39
hang in there, sister

Latest