The Student Room Group

Dark, Sequestered, Lonely Path To 9 A*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by nisha.sri
Hey,
I am sure you'll get those grades if you work really hard :smile: and efficiently :smile:
Please feel free to have a look at my channel as it might help you a little :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3934631

Gracias Amigos :smile:

Will do
Reply 41
Original post by rohit301099
Oh, yea suits is awesome half way through season 4. M&A is very good but very competitive, i am going to the area too. The hours are long and the works is very hard but if you play your cards right you can earn huge amount of money...but time is a big issue tho, I hear that Analyst work 90-100 hours per week and sometimes even more and their typical work day is from 10 am to 2 am. But i hear that things are not that bad in London (apparently New York is the worst in terms of hours).

What are you doing for A-Levels?
Original post by HeimIX
Jeez thats a lot of time XD, its going to be a struggle but the money is defo worth:colonhash:

yep, most people only go in for the money me included :u:
Reply 43
Original post by the-future-medic
Hey, what exam boards do you do because like you I want to get at least 8 A*'s but my mock grades were rubbish. How do you revise and what helps you to stay motivated??

Exam Boards:

Sciences : AQA
Maths: Edexcel
English: IGCSE
Drama: WJEC
Spanish AQA

Im a really competitive person, if I left it down to my friends they would describe me as a Arrogant, Ignorant, Pessimistic, Apathetic person :u:. To stay motivated I usually just think about results day and how Im going to get the best grades and brag to everyone.

Im a really bad workaholic so i revise 24/7, 365 (364 and a quarter, to be exact :smile:)

I normally do mind maps, Watch lots of revision videos on YouTube and past papers.

Hope this helped.
Reply 44
Original post by sammio

For A levels:
Maths
Physics
Economics
(not sure for the fourth Computing/ Further Maths)
Reply 45
yep, most people only go in for the money me included :u:

ahhh, i can imagine it right now, swaggering down the street with my expensive suit, with my shades on, going to my sports car
Original post by sammio

Spoiler

Original post by HeimIX
ahhh, i can imagine it right now, swaggering down the street with my expensive suit, with my shades on, going to my sports car

Hahaha, yep imagine all the money :colondollar:. What car do you want ? :biggrin:
Original post by HeimIX
Overall I consider these results to be straight up Trash. :/

Well then, I suppose with my results I should just burn myself alive. :colonhash:
Original post by sammio

Okay, i read the question wrong, I am stupid :colonhash:. Um, for A levels I have chosen to do: Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Physics
Hi - I don't know how I came across your thread because I'm doing A levels but anyway I did... I got 9A* at GCSE and 5As at AS. So if anyone wants any advice, feel free to send me a private message x
How come you were allowed to drop biology?

I'm aiming for 8A*s and 2A's (A's in chemistry and physics because I can't stand them basically) and I too got a shoddy set of mock results, so I will join you :h:
Original post by caitlinford3

I'm aiming for 8A*s and 2A's (A's in chemistry and physics because I can't stand them basically) and I too got a shoddy set of mock results, so I will join you :h:

Me 3 :u:
Original post by HeimIX
Exam Boards:

Sciences : AQA
Maths: Edexcel
English: IGCSE
Drama: WJEC
Spanish AQA

Im a really competitive person, if I left it down to my friends they would describe me as a Arrogant, Ignorant, Pessimistic, Apathetic person :u:. To stay motivated I usually just think about results day and how Im going to get the best grades and brag to everyone.

Im a really bad workaholic so i revise 24/7, 365 (364 and a quarter, to be exact :smile:)

I normally do mind maps, Watch lots of revision videos on YouTube and past papers.

Hope this helped.

It really did and the only exam board that matches is maths. The only thing is that this year my birthday is on results day and so yeah dont wantto get bad results.
Thanks for your help.
Reply 54
Hahaha, yep imagine all the money :colondollar:. What car do you want ? :biggrin:

Lol right now the Pagani Huayra is looking sexaayy:heart:, but With a price of about £900,000 the insurance is scaring me off, you?
Reply 55
Okay, i read the question wrong, I am stupid :colonhash:. Um, for A levels I have chosen to do: Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Physics

lol exactly the same as me but I'm kind of intimidated for further maths
Reply 56
Original post by the-future-medic
It really did and the only exam board that matches is maths. The only thing is that this year my birthday is on results day and so yeah dont wantto get bad results.
Thanks for your help.

I can understand that, getting the best grades possible will be the best birthday present for you imo :biggrin:. let me know what you got on results day :tongue:
Reply 57
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Well then, I suppose with my results I should just burn myself alive. :colonhash:

LOOOL, nah I just have really high expectations for myself, lol what did you get, couldn't of been that bad
Reply 58
Original post by LaurieHarris
Hi - I don't know how I came across your thread because I'm doing A levels but anyway I did... I got 9A* at GCSE and 5As at AS. So if anyone wants any advice, feel free to send me a private message x

Dang, 9 A*'s
CH40cPeWEAAcdZ7.png

How long did it take you to revise each subject thoroughly

How did you revise the (English's? Englishes? Engli? Can never seem to get that right)

What did you pick for A levels

:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by caitlinford3

Its because in my school its presented as an option to take 3 science so:

Double Science - Compulsory
Triple Science - Option

I chose Physics and Chemistry because i just found Bio useless to my needs

Also, if its not too private what did you get for mock exams, I'm really curious:u:

Quick Reply

Latest