The Student Room Group

Would you recommend any gcse's?

I'm currently choosing my gcse's and don't know which to pick. Would you recommend any gcse's?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
art and textiles were my favourite.
Reply 2
Religious studies (philosophy and ethics) is really good if your fond of essays.
Reply 3
Original post by snartie3
I'm currently choosing my gcse's and don't know which to pick. Would you recommend any gcse's?

Pick a variety of subjects to see what subjects suit you if you're unsure.
Don't do drama. I wish I'd done Latin.
AQA citizenship is **** easy to pass but the coursework can take up a lot of your time
Reply 6

If you want an Ebacc, then a humanities and a langauge.

I would recommend Computer Science and German. I think these are some of the easiest, but don't choose them because of that. :wink:

Are you doing any compulsaries?
Reply 7
Original post by nanakyei
If you want an Ebacc, then a humanities and a langauge.

I would recommend Computer Science and German. I think these are some of the easiest, but don't choose them because of that. :wink:

Are you doing any compulsaries?

math, English language and literature, biology, chemistry, physics
Reply 8
math, English language and literature, biology, chemistry, physics

I would say take Further Maths too.
GCSE art if you want no life :colone:

Spoiler

I'd focus on what you enjoy, but make sue there are a couple of sciences and a language in there.
Don't do ICT

Do a language
Reply 12
Original post by nanakyei
I would say take Further Maths too.

My favourites are French and German but I would say carefully consider whether you are really interested in languages as I know, from others in my classes, that they can be a lot of hard work if you don't really enjoy them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by lilacpotato
My favourites are French and German but I would say carefully consider whether you are really interested in languages as I know, from others in my classes, that they can be a lot of hard work if you don't really enjoy them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you
Reply 15
Original post by BaronK
art and textiles were my favourite.

Original post by Anmol_.
Religious studies (philosophy and ethics) is really good if your fond of essays.

Original post by JTran38
Pick a variety of subjects to see what subjects suit you if you're unsure.

Original post by blackdiamond97
AQA citizenship is **** easy to pass but the coursework can take up a lot of your time

Thank you :smile:
Reply 16
Any language and history. Wish I could've taken history to AS-level but I can't write v fast, but gcse history improved that still. Really interesting and develops useful writing skills imo, as a sciency person

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Art and Design, Business and Travel and Tourism :smile:
I recommend doing geography- some of the physical geography components get a bit boring but the rest is really interesting and fun to learn. I would recommend doing a language as well- I did Spanish- it's boring and difficult but useful for the future. I wouldn't recommend doing history or computer science- far too much work and far too much to remember (for computer science and history, not just history as one might presume).

Also, if you are good at maths, definitely do further maths because it takes so little time to learn and the grade boundaries are really low (last time I checked it was 65% for an A* and 40% for an A).
(edited 8 years ago)
A language & I find geography really interesting! :smile:

I wouldn't personally recommend RE, most people hate it, including myself

Triple science looks good & is a bump up if you want to do science at A-level (because people who do double award don't cover as much content) - just make sure to actually listen in science if you do triple & do all your homework! I wish I did in year 10 but I didn't so now I'm repaying for it having to teach myself all 54 topic :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest