The Student Room Group

Anyone else stupidly excited for university?

Only year 12 and I am buzzing for uni, someone tell me it is not just me! I have already started my personal statement lol.

Scroll to see replies

I was dreading it in Year 12, moreso in Year 13 :tongue: but I guess it's okay.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
I was dreading it in Year 12, moreso in Year 13 :tongue: but I guess it's okay.

How come? Have you applied yet?
Original post by helena1999
How come? Have you applied yet?

I am in my second year of uni now. :shakecane:

Well done for having things to write on your PS in Year 12 :tongue: I was still trying to do/find stuff in Year 13! :s-smilie:
I'm in year 13 and I'm so excited but I keep forgetting the fact that I need to get the grades first 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Listen lass if it ain't a top 20 uni then you are buzzing for crap
Reply 6
Original post by SeanFM
I am in my second year of uni now. :shakecane:

Well done for having things to write on your PS in Year 12 :tongue: I was still trying to do/find stuff in Year 13! :s-smilie:

I'm being so proactive cause then I won't need to stress in year 13! I also want to make sure it's the best it can be. What uni are you at and what are you studying?
Reply 7
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
I'm in year 13 and I'm so excited but I keep forgetting the fact that I need to get the grades first 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too!:s-smilie: I'm so worried! Good luck though.
Reply 8
Original post by TaintedLight
Listen lass if it ain't a top 20 uni then you are buzzing for crap

Let's bloody hope I get the grades to get into a top 20 then!!
once you get to uni - you've made it
uni in my opinion is easier than a levels on account of the fact that everything is spaced out much more than a levels regarding deadlines and how much work they expect you to do; in school, if you don't do your a level work, they'll shout at you/tell you off, but if you don't even show up to a lecture, nobody gives a damn - in fact, some of mine are even streamed
you get to get intoxicated and lounge out all day (except for lectures/coursework/revision during certain time periods)
you don't have parents nagging you to tidy your room
you can do whatever you want
cherish your time at uni because I only have 1 year left next year, then I'm back into the real world
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
good luck with a2's !!!
I am in year 13 and I am excited as hell. I can totally understand where you are coming from.
Reply 12
Original post by AlmightyJesus
once you get to uni - you've made it
uni in my opinion is easier than a levels
you get to get intoxicated and lounge out all day (except for lectures/coursework/revision during certain time periods)
you don't have parents nagging you to tidy your room
you can do whatever you want
cherish your time at uni because I only have 1 year left next year, then I'm back into the real world

You're making me more excited haha!
Reply 13
Original post by loveleest
I am in year 13 and I am excited as hell. I can totally understand where you are coming from.

Good!! No one else seems to be that I know so was worried I was a bit crazy...
Reply 14
Original post by K3001N
good luck with a2's !!!

I don't want to think about that right now :redface:
I am also in year 12 and I am ridiculously excited. I am constantly researching etc... But most of all the chance to move away from home, the new people, just studying on subject and of course the night life !
I used to be excited but now I'm dreading it. I realised:

1) This country is really boring, except for London
2) London is expensive
3) I have to choose a subject to apply for but I'm not really passionate about any subject and I don't know what I want in life. I can't imagine having to study 1 subject for 3 years, I'd hate it.

I'll only be happy if I go to university in America, specifically in New York but it's unlikely as my parents won't let me take SATs plus tuition is like $60,000/£40,000+

I spend all my time researching universities and courses but it just makes me more panicked as I realise more and more that I don't know what I want. A year ago I thought I knew what I wanted to study, where I wanted to go, what I wanted to do afterwards etc. but now I'm so lost.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by helena1999
I'm being so proactive cause then I won't need to stress in year 13! I also want to make sure it's the best it can be. What uni are you at and what are you studying?

Good plan :tongue: have you got like summer school/work experience/ other stuff lined up in the summer? :K:

I study Maths at Bath :tongue:
Reply 18
Original post by espicton98
I am also in year 12 and I am ridiculously excited. I am constantly researching etc... But most of all the chance to move away from home, the new people, just studying on subject and of course the night life !

Explained it perfectly! I can't wait to make new friends and be more independent.
I'm completely excited for uni - the course especially I absolutely adore it, even living in a city for the first time :tongue:

But at the same time I am seriously lacking in motivation for revision so it's unlikely I'll make it there which makes me wanna cry :frown:

Quick Reply