The Student Room Group

will doing 3 years A levels affect my university application

I did as Biology p.e business and chemistry
I got B in p.e and C in Business studies
i got disqualified in my chem and bio due to cheating in the empa :s
Now im doing a levels at a different college im doing biology p.e Ict and psychology
So i have a few questions
can the universities know i did 3 years if so how will it affect it
can they found out i was disqualified in my exams.
Original post by Junior567
Now im doing a levels at a different college im doing biology p.e Ict and psychology

You have to declare all qualifications you've sat so yes they should know and if you dont tell them you were disqualified then it will look awfully dodgy that you just stopped doing 2 qualifications and had to switch college.
1. yes you have to put down a complete record of your exams as part of the UCAS declaration. They will see the exams are resits.
2. I do not know how they record your marks on cheating. I assume its a 0 or a U and that would indicate something was wrong. The posters @Compost and @Carnationlilyrose will probably be able to tell you. I am unsure if theres a special disqualifed mark like X.
Reply 3
I got An X in my empa
Reply 4
Im sure you put E's and above in your ucas declaration so the only resit i will be putting is P.e as the rest are different subjects....
Im sure you put E's and above in your ucas declaration so the only resit i will be putting is P.e as the rest are different subjects....

No you must put down all grades including U's.

http://help.ucas.com/contract12/index.html
It's pretty clear.
Reply 7

You have to declare the fails. Maybe you should have thought twice before cheating.
Reply 8

You need to declare all your grades with the dates so they will see you took 3 years. I do not think they will be able to see that you cheated, just that you did really badly.
Reply 9
Original post by Compost
You need to declare all your grades with the dates so they will see you took 3 years. I do not think they will be able to see that you cheated, just that you did really badly.

Alright so because i did as p.e twice do i write in the ucas declaration the first grade i got in As and then the second grade i got in AS or just one ?
You have to declare all grades - so both.
Alright so because i did as p.e twice do i write in the ucas declaration the first grade i got in As and then the second grade i got in AS or just one ?

It needs to be a full complete accurate record. If they cant tell you were disqualifed for cheating, then thats lucky for you, but if you are ever asked for interview, it may come up again and you need to consider how you might answer that.
Reply 12
Original post by 999tigger
It needs to be a full complete accurate record. If they cant tell you were disqualifed for cheating, then thats lucky for you, but if you are ever asked for interview, it may come up again and you need to consider how you might answer that.

Alright thank you

Quick Reply

Latest