The Student Room Group

Change in circumstances

Ok so basically I will be going into my second year at uni in October and I'm currently sorting out applying for SF.

Basically, last year my parents were still together so when I applied I was putting in the joint salary, whicih was in the highest bracket.

They split over the last year and I currently live with my mum who I think earns around £25k. I'm just wondering if I would be asked for proof etc as she was unemployed until a couple of months ago.

Furthermore, I originally put my dad as the highest earner as he was and I'm just wondering if it will seem dodgy or anything
Original post by Klatie
Ok so basically I will be going into my second year at uni in October and I'm currently sorting out applying for SF.

Basically, last year my parents were still together so when I applied I was putting in the joint salary, whicih was in the highest bracket.

They split over the last year and I currently live with my mum who I think earns around £25k. I'm just wondering if I would be asked for proof etc as she was unemployed until a couple of months ago.

Furthermore, I originally put my dad as the highest earner as he was and I'm just wondering if it will seem dodgy or anything

For assessment you just list which parent you're living with.

The income of that parent for the 2014/15 tax year will be looked at.

If your parents have separated then your mum will have to provide evidence of that. The forms suggest:
Most recent council tax bill showing a 25% single occupancy discount
or
A letter from your solicitor confirming your status
(http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1617/ft/sfe_pff2_form_1617_d.pdf page 10)
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
For assessment you just list which parent you're living with.

The income of that parent for the 2014/15 tax year will be looked at.

If your parents have separated then your mum will have to provide evidence of that. The forms suggest:
Most recent council tax bill showing a 25% single occupancy discount
or
A letter from your solicitor confirming your status
(http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1617/ft/sfe_pff2_form_1617_d.pdf page 10)

They were never married so I dunnoabout the solicitor stuff. I'll ask about the council tax bill cheers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending