The Student Room Group

Sister's boyfriend diminishes belief of decent men

Scroll to see replies

I feel like I am probably going to be single for a real long time too. There aren't too many good guys out there, or guys that would share my views.

Anyway, what your sister is going through right now is a relationship breakdown. In a few days or a few weeks time she would probably be questioning you about her relationship and try and investigate it a bit more in some given time, i.e figure out who the girls he was talking to and when he possibly started cheating. Or she would start scapegoating and try and find something to blame on the relatiobship falling back.

You are not that close to her as you said, but she would want to seek comfort about her relationship falling apart and would want something for her to feel sorry for herself. It is quite upsetting that a long 3 year relationship is all vanished. It quite makes me happy that I'm single now. I just would hate to go through all the heartbreak.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Diego Costa
You're showing a real amount of naivety if your opinion on the entire male population is determined by one guy. Your sister should improve her standards, that's assuming she's still with him.

It's not based on just him, it's just so common to hear about nowadays and seems that the reason most people break up is due to infidelity by either person involved.
She is no longer with him as of a few hours ago, but this guy just seemed like the nicest guy who you wouldn't think in a million years would cheat. :frown:
Double post
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by KaylaB
It's not based on just him, it's just so common to hear about nowadays and seems that the reason most people break up is due to infidelity by either person involved.

She is no longer with him as of a few hours ago, but this guy just seemed like the nicest guy who you wouldn't think in a million years would cheat.

You hear about the break ups from cheating much more as they're far more gossip worthy than an amicable break-up.

From what you've written, it seems like you're judging males (and relationships in general) and are going from hearsay and your sister's experience. Based on that, I'm gonna say that you haven't really dated a lot and that you should probably try seeing a guy or whatever before you've made up your mind on your love life. You may be able to avoid similar mistakes to your sister having seen her make them firsthand.

I also doubt that there were no warning signs that he was cheating before this came out. Maybe your sister was too blind to see them as she did invite him to live with your family etc. and may have been too infatuated to consider what
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Thats sad, probably why I'll be single when I'm 50 :smile:

Don't let your fears hold you back. We learn and grow from our mistakes
Original post by loveleest
I feel like I am probably going to be single for a real long time too. There aren't too many good guys out there, or guys that would share my views.

Anyway, what your sister is going through right now is a relationship breakdown. In a few days or a few weeks time she would probably be questioning you about her relationship and try and investigate it a bit more in some given time, i.e figure out who the girls he was talking to and when he possibly started cheating. Or she would start scapegoating and try and find something to blame on the relatiobship falling back.

You are not that close to her as you said, but she would want to seek comfort about her relationship falling apart and would want something for her to feel sorry for herself. It is quite upsetting that a long 3 year relationship is all vanished. It quite makes me happy that I'm single now. I just would hate to go through all the heartbreak.

You're able to sleep comfortable knowing nobody's breaking your heart
Original post by KaylaB
he's like I don't know what's wrong, it's normal. She then starts shouting at him saying it's not normal asking girls to meetup and...

Are you sure you/your sister haven't misread the situation? Because I don't understand how he would say it's normal and not understanding why she's upset about it if he was actually caught going to hook up with someone...
Definitely not just going to meet a friend or something?
Don't lose hope OP. If any prick does wrong to you, you can always just bring this out

Attachment not found
Original post by queen-bee
You're able to sleep comfortable knowing nobody's breaking your heart

yeah, pros for being single I guess. But then you also feel lonely :erm:
Reply 29
Original post by ForgetMe
I feel sorry for your sister :sad: Why the hell people get into relationships if they start cheating :facepalm: Just be single and bang with whoever you want and stop hurting other people :unimpressed: This is what I'm scared of, if I ever find a boyfriend and start a relationship with him that he will start going to the dirty side and meet up another men behind my back :sad:

wtf did I just read.
Original post by KaylaB
She is no longer with him as of a few hours ago, but this guy just seemed like the nicest guy who you wouldn't think in a million years would cheat. :frown:

You need to find a balance between being open minded and giving people a chance against being cautious. If anything the experience should help you to realise whats important about finding the right person for you.

There are men out there who want just the same as you, they wouldnt dream of cheating or hurting someone they profess to love and they dont lie. Being able to read people is one of the most important skills you will ever learn. Dont let it put you off, some of us arent like him.
poor sister did her boyfriend live in your house with your whole family that would be awkward

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending