The Student Room Group

Is she interested ?

I'm on POF (I know) and talking to a girl the same age as me.

I like talking to her, but she can take a long time to reply and doesn't really ask me any questions. I took that as a sign she doesn't really want to speak to me so I gave her a couple of chances to bail out. She prolonged the conversation however, sometimes giving full answers to different questions, sometimes not so much.

I even asked if we could talk again if she wanted and she said we 'can'. So I don't understand.

Is she just being polite or what ?
Yeah she is just not that into you.
Tell her you can't talk for a week because you are sailing a naval force to rescue starving African children in Kenya and your command is too critical to be left in any other hands.

Hook line and sinker
Original post by Rhythmical
Yeah she is just not that into you.

I thought that, but she keeps the conversation going so I don't understand.
Bored, but chatting to several people or wiating for you to raise your game and watching a film.
Doesnt sound interested. Overthinking.
Original post by 999tigger
Bored, but chatting to several people or wiating for you to raise your game and watching a film.
Doesnt sound interested. Overthinking.

How do I up my game ? I've just been asking questions about different things so far.
Original post by damonireturns
I thought that, but she keeps the conversation going so I don't understand.

She is just trying to be nice. I am guessing she is trying to soften the blow by being nice and by telling the truth later on.
Its hard to say becayse im not there, but have a look at your convos and ask yourself if you were in her shoes, then is it interesting and entertaining or boring ? Have you found out about what she likes, any flirting, compliments or fun? Is she worth pursuing? If you arent clicking, then look elsewhere.
Original post by Rhythmical
She is just trying to be nice. I am guessing she is trying to soften the blow by being nice and by telling the truth later on.

I might just plain up ask if she's interested, so I don't end up wasting time.
Original post by 999tigger
Its hard to say becayse im not there, but have a look at your convos and ask yourself if you were in her shoes, then is it interesting and entertaining or boring ? Have you found out about what she likes, any flirting, compliments or fun? Is she worth pursuing? If you arent clicking, then look elsewhere.

it's hard to say really, because she doesn't usually ask questions back, I'd think she wasn't interested, but she sometimes will keep it going, despite giving her a way to end the conversation.
Some people like attention. Some people like to feel people take an interest in them. Imo ask or be more direct. She doesnt sound that interested at the moment, so you have nothing to lose.
Reply 10
You'll need to know what she likes. Figure that our through the convo but don't directly ask her. Maybe she likes cooking or doing some sports. Once you get info about it, talk about it with her to get her interested then do a pause. A pause is pretty much when you disappear on the best part. Pretty much "..to be continued in movies". While you're talking about her thing, if you see her replying quickly and she's always online that means you got her attention. Talk for about 10 minutes then out of nowhere say that you have to go, and don't text her for 3 days. If she's interested, she would text you back next day, if not then she's obviously not.
Original post by Fadel
You'll need to know what she likes. Figure that our through the convo but don't directly ask her. Maybe she likes cooking or doing some sports. Once you get info about it, talk about it with her to get her interested then do a pause. A pause is pretty much when you disappear on the best part. Pretty much "..to be continued in movies". While you're talking about her thing, if you see her replying quickly and she's always online that means you got her attention. Talk for about 10 minutes then out of nowhere say that you have to go, and don't text her for 3 days. If she's interested, she would text you back next day, if not then she's obviously not.

I've just realized, she's been doing this to me - she'll reply then leave long gaps before replying. Am I being played? Or maybe she just not interested.
Reply 12
Original post by damonireturns
I've just realized, she's been doing this to me - she'll reply then leave long gaps before replying. Am I being played? Or maybe she just not interested.

It's either she's playing hard to get which is a good sign. Or she's not interested and too polite to tell you to F* off directly.
Original post by Fadel
It's either she's playing hard to get which is a good sign. Or she's not interested and too polite to tell you to F* off directly.

It's a bummer as she's the only one that replies on that site :/ but yeah, she's most likely being polite.
Now I'm really confused.

She started a conversation with me today ????
She's online apparently, but hasn't replied, despite starting a conversation tday. I have no idea if shes interested or not.
Just stay relaxed and chat to her. Keep talking to her and if she's not interested you'll find out soon enough. If for some reason it doesn't work out don't worry and move on.

Good luck! 😄
Id say no, if she's not bothering to reply, is she only replying to your questions then you're asking more questions because you want to keep talking to her.
Or what's what it sounds like to me. If she doesn't answer just leave it and if she does but leaves no room for the conversation to grow "so what did you do today then" "how have you been" chuck it.
Original post by Hardigan
Just stay relaxed and chat to her. Keep talking to her and if she's not interested you'll find out soon enough. If for some reason it doesn't work out don't worry and move on.

Good luck! 😄

I will follow this advice and see how it goes.
Original post by jmcwitch
Id say no, if she's not bothering to reply, is she only replying to your questions then you're asking more questions because you want to keep talking to her.
Or what's what it sounds like to me. If she doesn't answer just leave it and if she does but leaves no room for the conversation to grow "so what did you do today then" "how have you been" chuck it.

She replies more now we're on facebook. She doesn't always ask questions, but took time out to reply to me despite being on a day out in London and also suggested I talk to her whilst working/in my breaks. I quite like her, despite just starting to speak to her and hope it goes somewhere. I wish I could work out if she was interested or not.

Quick Reply

Latest