The Student Room Group

Cannot study feeling so stressed

Hello

I feel extremely stressed and nervous I am not sure why but my head hurts it hurts nearly every day due to stress how can I stop stressing out.I am finding french extremely frustrating when I am doing vocabulary on a website called memrise and I often put le instead of la because over this week I have completed at least 500 words and it takes a long time and I am not enjoying it and I cannot start revision for history.I feel worried about exams how can I calm myself down ?The stress is getting to me I want to receive an A really badly I am putting in the work but I am so stressed that it is affecting my concentration.
you might feel like this atm

but by the end of this, you'll be like

I think you just need a break tbh, get some fresh air too and exercise!:h:

ohhhh and eat enjoyable foods to relieve it too like chocolate, lots of it and listen to good music for a while, whatever makes you feel good :smile:

Just let your mind loose for a while and even if you dont go out, laugh!

Laugh helps the brain relax and just be optimistic, look at these

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Keep an eye on your timetable. It may be time to switch to history for a while on the basis a change is as good as a rest. Maybe do 75-85% something else and then just a small biy of Freng for an hour to keep things moving along. Focus on doing rather than worrying.

Stress management is part of revising.
Reply 3
Original post by ForestShadow
I think you just need a break tbh, get some fresh air too and exercise!:h:

ohhhh and eat enjoyable foods to relieve it too like chocolate, lots of it and listen to good music for a while, whatever makes you feel good :smile:

Just let your mind loose for a while and even if you dont go out, laugh!

Laugh helps the brain relax and just be optimistic, look at these

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thank you very much,I appreciate it my mum is not very good when it comes to comforting people.
give yourself regular treats ... as the previous poster said get out and enjoy the sunshine for an hour or two...

:h:
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Keep an eye on your timetable. It may be time to switch to history for a while on the basis a change is as good as a rest. Maybe do 75-85% something else and then just a small bit of French for an hour to keep things moving along. Focus on doing rather than worrying.

Stress management is part of revising.

I don't do timetables because when I did it was very ineffective as I never could follow them so I study for as long as I can to make it effective and often and do the subject I feel like doing.The thing with history is i have the knowledge it is just on my mocks i did not do that well because I was extremely stressed out and half the time I was just sitting there.
Original post by Maria1812
Hello

I feel extremely stressed and nervous I am not sure why but my head hurts it hurts nearly every day due to stress how can I stop stressing out.I am finding french extremely frustrating when I am doing vocabulary on a website called memrise and I often put le instead of la because over this week I have completed at least 500 words and it takes a long time and I am not enjoying it and I cannot start revision for history.I feel worried about exams how can I calm myself down ?The stress is getting to me I want to receive an A really badly I am putting in the work but I am so stressed that it is affecting my concentration.

Hi OP, first take a break! For a day just have some down time, exercise, watch films etc and let yourself relax.
I would leave the French now and start on History, it would be a nice change. When you revise maybe try doing topics from different subjects every day, rather than one subject in one block?
Also make sure you have breaks in between sessions and leave some time everyday to relax.
Also maybe try doing meditation and yoga, it counts as exercise and it's pretty calming I find!:biggrin:
Original post by Maria1812
I don't do timetables because when I did it was very ineffective as I never could follow them so I study for as long as I can to make it effective and often and do the subject I feel like doing.The thing with history is i have the knowledge it is just on my mocks i did not do that well because I was extremely stressed out and half the time I was just sitting there.

Study planners are a way of organising your effort in the time available. You were probably doing it wrong. It helps you feel more in control and less stressed as you know where you are. Dont be rigid just keep adjusting it so it makes the most of your time left and focuses on the areas you need to look at.

Instead of a day to day one just hav a weekly one with certain targets to reach.

If you have the knowedge for history then you will need to do less revision, but move to doing practice exams.

If you have to study Frencg then give yourself more variety in studying.

Quick Reply

Latest