The Student Room Group

Email

I received an email from Cardiff stating I hadn't given my statement of character from my referee (my bad I completely forgot), they mentioned without this I cannot be given an unconditional offer? I was wondering am I getting my hopes up about receiving an unconditional offer or do I have more chance of pulling angelina jolie
Imo they wouldnt mention it unless they were considering it.
Original post by Lukecook97
I received an email from Cardiff stating I hadn't given my statement of character from my referee (my bad I completely forgot), they mentioned without this I cannot be given an unconditional offer? I was wondering am I getting my hopes up about receiving an unconditional offer or do I have more chance of pulling angelina jolie

Do you mean you sent your application off without a reference? If so, your application is incomplete and they cannot proceed. Have you sent what they require to them? If not, you won't get an offer.
Reply 3

Depends on the wording of the email. I can see two options:

"You didn't send what we need so we're not going to give you an unconditional offer."

"You didn't send what we need - please send it so that we can give you an unconditional offer."

If the email doesn't make it clear, contact them to ask.
Reply 4
That's what I was thinking, it say "we cannot consider making an unconditional offer without it"
That's what I was thinking, it say "we cannot consider making an unconditional offer without it"

I presume you have already got your grades, which is why they are talking about any offers being unconditional. My reading in that case is that they can't go any further with your application until you complete it, which is what normally happens.
Reply 6

Still could mean either thing, but I'm more inclined to interpret it as a request for the missing item. Odd that it isn't an explicit request though - I'd expect something like "Please submit this before (deadline date) or we cannot make an unconditional offer". There must be a deadline after which no offer can be made.

Contact them to ask - if the email doesn't include instructions on how to submit the references separately to your initial application, then you'll have to contact them to ask anyway. Phoning would be the quickest way of finding out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending