The Student Room Group

My mum keeps confiscating my phone !!!

Its really annoying because my mum keeps grounding me and confiscating all my gadgets like my phone.
I feel like it causes me many problems for example a few times I have arranged To go round my boyfriends house but I have to cancel because my mum wont let me go because she keeps grounding me even though I arrange to go to my boyfriends before im grounded. Ive explained to my boyfriend but he keeps asking if im just making it up because I don't want to go round his.
I also feel like my mum deliberately makes plans on the days im meant to meet with him !!!
Have you tried talking to her about it ? confront her and try explaining how you feel about this confiscating problem
how old are you ?
Reply 3
...15 ( nearly 16 )
Reply 4
tough
Shame :smile:
Reply 6
im 18 and my dad still takes my phone of me :sad:
Well you must be doing something to have your stuff confiscated.
Reply 8
Why is she grounding you? What are you doing to get your things taken off you? Is it warranted, or is she being unfair?

If it's warranted then you need to check your behaviour or make a well-reasoned case as to why you believe it's unfair and try to compromise a fairer solution. Remember that just like a car, a phone is a privilege, not a right. If she bought your phone she has every right to take it off you.
Original post by Vennec
Why is she grounding you? What are you doing to get your things taken off you? Is it warranted, or is she being unfair?

If it's warranted then you need to check your behaviour or make a well-reasoned case as to why you believe it's unfair and try to compromise a fairer solution. Remember that just like a car, a phone is a privilege, not a right. If she bought your phone she has every right to take it off you.

Completely agree with you.

You don't need a phone.
Yyyyes. Perhaps your mother is an insane tyrant randomly denying you a right to self-determination, or maybe she has a point.

Why do you keep getting grounded? Most likely, our advice will be how you can change yourself to keep your phone rather than changing your mothers mind.
Original post by anonomon
Its really annoying because my mum keeps grounding me and confiscating all my gadgets like my phone.
I feel like it causes me many problems for example a few times I have arranged To go round my boyfriends house but I have to cancel because my mum wont let me go because she keeps grounding me even though I arrange to go to my boyfriends before im grounded. Ive explained to my boyfriend but he keeps asking if im just making it up because I don't want to go round his.
I also feel like my mum deliberately makes plans on the days im meant to meet with him !!!

Its called being your parent. have you thought about not doing the behaviour which causes you to be grounded? People existed before phones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending